Abercrombie & Fitch Assistant Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

18 interviews

2.1

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I APPLIED ONLINE AND HAD INTERVIEW AT A&F. they took me outside the store and we sat on the sofa. and we had chat about different stuff like educational background and then she started asking questions like what i will do if i have certain situations related to customers and people around,

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2013.

Go to any Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie, Hollister Co., or Gilly Hicks and ask for a manager. Tell the manager you have a four-year degree and ask them to set up an interview with their district manager (don't leave until you have a confirmed interview time but be gracious and understand they may be busy and you may have to wait a few minutes until they can make that call.) Complete the "casting" card in-store and follow the directions to fill out the online application.

Come to the interview wearing A&F style clothing (preferably A&F or H.Co. clothes in blue, white, or gray.)

Have great abs.

Be persistent if you don't get an answer at first and ask something like: "is there any reason you might be hesitating to make a hiring decision? I may have misspoken or given you an incomplete answer and would love to clear up any questions you may have."

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer will ask you about specific times in your past that you have done/helped/overcome/achieved X.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2013.

Structured Interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had to work with someone from a culture you were unfamiliar with.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was previously a part-time employee with the company and knew my District Manager for many years so the interview was rather informal. It took place in the mall food court as they do for anyone interviewing for a management position. It did take over a month for her to find me an open position in a store since a lot of other part-timers had also graduated and applied at the same time as me.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult and were all focused on teamwork so it became difficult to provide original answers.   Answer Question
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and asked me a lot of relevant questions for the position.

Interview Questions
    Starting salary was non-negotiable.

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Conducted by your district manager, they look for relative answers and great looks

Interview Questions
    • What was an experience you had (School or past job) where you had to overcome adversity   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mays Landing, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mays Landing, NJ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2010.

There's one interview and it maybe takes 45 minutes. They hire based solely off looks. The pay that they offer seems to not come out to what it should be. The interview is a basic interview, nothing out of the ordinary, and u usually hear back within a week.

Interview Questions
    There's no negotiating and don't expect to get much a raise. There are no incentives except once in awhile but I wouldn't really call them that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was recruited by another Assistant Manager who referred me to the District Manager. The DM was quick to get in touch with me and set up an interview for 3 days after the initial conversation. The interview had some insightful questions which I cannot honestly remember, but just be ready to talk about leadership moments in your life and specific instances where you were challenged.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you'll be successful with our company?   Answer Question
    There was none. You either accept what they pay or you don't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2012.

Initial communication was very fake. The DM who interviewed me cared more about what I looked like than the potential ability I had to run a business. That was fine by me because I am competent but gave insight to those I was working with. Some are incompetent. They ask dumb questions. It is not difficult.

No negotiations, I needed a job after college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2012.

I was recruited while shopping in a Hollister Co store. I spent several minutes speaking to a manager about myself and my current employment situation. I was invited to a formal interview with the District Manager at a later date. The interview lasted approximately 75 minutes. For the the first 30 minutes we simply had a conversation and got to know each other. The rest of the interview was laid back and conversational as well. I was asked several leading questions about my work experience, education, and social life. The goal was to see if my skills and personality would make for a good fit in the company. I received an offer by email a few days later. I accepted a position and was able to start within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not factually difficult. I was asked behavioral and experience based questions.   View Answer

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!