Abercrombie & Fitch

Updated Oct 6, 2014

2.1

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I APPLIED ONLINE AND HAD INTERVIEW AT A&F. they took me outside the store and we sat on the sofa. and we had chat about different stuff like educational background and then she started asking questions like what i will do if i have certain situations related to customers and people around,

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was previously a part-time employee with the company and knew my District Manager for many years so the interview was rather informal. It took place in the mall food court as they do for anyone interviewing for a management position. It did take over a month for her to find me an open position in a store since a lot of other part-timers had also graduated and applied at the same time as me.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult and were all focused on teamwork so it became difficult to provide original answers.   Answer Question
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and asked me a lot of relevant questions for the position.

Interview Questions
    Starting salary was non-negotiable.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Conducted by your district manager, they look for relative answers and great looks

Interview Questions
    • What was an experience you had (School or past job) where you had to overcome adversity   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2013.

Go to any Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie, Hollister Co., or Gilly Hicks and ask for a manager. Tell the manager you have a four-year degree and ask them to set up an interview with their district manager (don't leave until you have a confirmed interview time but be gracious and understand they may be busy and you may have to wait a few minutes until they can make that call.) Complete the "casting" card in-store and follow the directions to fill out the online application.

Come to the interview wearing A&F style clothing (preferably A&F or H.Co. clothes in blue, white, or gray.)

Have great abs.

Be persistent if you don't get an answer at first and ask something like: "is there any reason you might be hesitating to make a hiring decision? I may have misspoken or given you an incomplete answer and would love to clear up any questions you may have."

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer will ask you about specific times in your past that you have done/helped/overcome/achieved X.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2013.

Structured Interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had to work with someone from a culture you were unfamiliar with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2013.

How did you handle a group situation where you and another person did not agree on a plan and how you two worked it out to end up on the same page

Interview Questions
    • What are your career goals and aspirations with the company   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was recruited by another Assistant Manager who referred me to the District Manager. The DM was quick to get in touch with me and set up an interview for 3 days after the initial conversation. The interview had some insightful questions which I cannot honestly remember, but just be ready to talk about leadership moments in your life and specific instances where you were challenged.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you'll be successful with our company?   Answer Question
    There was none. You either accept what they pay or you don't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2012.

I was recruited while shopping in a Hollister Co store. I spent several minutes speaking to a manager about myself and my current employment situation. I was invited to a formal interview with the District Manager at a later date. The interview lasted approximately 75 minutes. For the the first 30 minutes we simply had a conversation and got to know each other. The rest of the interview was laid back and conversational as well. I was asked several leading questions about my work experience, education, and social life. The goal was to see if my skills and personality would make for a good fit in the company. I received an offer by email a few days later. I accepted a position and was able to start within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not factually difficult. I was asked behavioral and experience based questions.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2012.

Initial communication was very fake. The DM who interviewed me cared more about what I looked like than the potential ability I had to run a business. That was fine by me because I am competent but gave insight to those I was working with. Some are incompetent. They ask dumb questions. It is not difficult.

No negotiations, I needed a job after college.