Abercrombie & Fitch

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2013.

Interview Details – Go to any Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie, Hollister Co., or Gilly Hicks and ask for a manager. Tell the manager you have a four-year degree and ask them to set up an interview with their district manager (don't leave until you have a confirmed interview time but be gracious and understand they may be busy and you may have to wait a few minutes until they can make that call.) Complete the "casting" card in-store and follow the directions to fill out the online application.

Come to the interview wearing A&F style clothing (preferably A&F or H.Co. clothes in blue, white, or gray.)

Have great abs.

Be persistent if you don't get an answer at first and ask something like: "is there any reason you might be hesitating to make a hiring decision? I may have misspoken or given you an incomplete answer and would love to clear up any questions you may have."

Interview Question – The interviewer will ask you about specific times in your past that you have done/helped/overcome/achieved X.   View Answer

Ontario, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2013.

Interview Details – Structured Interview

Interview Question – Describe a time that you had to work with someone from a culture you were unfamiliar with.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – I was previously a part-time employee with the company and knew my District Manager for many years so the interview was rather informal. It took place in the mall food court as they do for anyone interviewing for a management position. It did take over a month for her to find me an open position in a store since a lot of other part-timers had also graduated and applied at the same time as me.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult and were all focused on teamwork so it became difficult to provide original answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Very Easy Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and asked me a lot of relevant questions for the position.

Interview Question – What is your definition of diversity?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Starting salary was non-negotiable.

Assistant Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Conducted by your district manager, they look for relative answers and great looks

Interview Question – What was an experience you had (School or past job) where you had to overcome adversity   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Mays Landing, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2010.

Interview Details – There's one interview and it maybe takes 45 minutes. They hire based solely off looks. The pay that they offer seems to not come out to what it should be. The interview is a basic interview, nothing out of the ordinary, and u usually hear back within a week.

Interview Question – Honestly the questions weren't difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiating and don't expect to get much a raise. There are no incentives except once in awhile but I wouldn't really call them that.

Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – I was recruited by another Assistant Manager who referred me to the District Manager. The DM was quick to get in touch with me and set up an interview for 3 days after the initial conversation. The interview had some insightful questions which I cannot honestly remember, but just be ready to talk about leadership moments in your life and specific instances where you were challenged.

Interview Question – Why do you think you'll be successful with our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. You either accept what they pay or you don't.

Very Easy Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communication was very fake. The DM who interviewed me cared more about what I looked like than the potential ability I had to run a business. That was fine by me because I am competent but gave insight to those I was working with. Some are incompetent. They ask dumb questions. It is not difficult.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, I needed a job after college.

Albuquerque, NM

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was recruited while shopping in a Hollister Co store. I spent several minutes speaking to a manager about myself and my current employment situation. I was invited to a formal interview with the District Manager at a later date. The interview lasted approximately 75 minutes. For the the first 30 minutes we simply had a conversation and got to know each other. The rest of the interview was laid back and conversational as well. I was asked several leading questions about my work experience, education, and social life. The goal was to see if my skills and personality would make for a good fit in the company. I received an offer by email a few days later. I accepted a position and was able to start within 2 weeks.

Interview Question – The questions were not factually difficult. I was asked behavioral and experience based questions.   View Answer

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2011.

Interview Details – I got a call from a recruiter after I applied online for the position. An interview was set up and I met him at a mall location. We sat down and chatted for a minute. The interview was very scripted - he had a paper that he asked the questions off of and jotted down my responses. I thought it went well but then I never heard anything back. I emailed a follow-up thank you and that was the end of it. Would have been nice if I could have gotten a response back - even if I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.