Abercrombie & Fitch

Abercrombie & Fitch Assistant Merchant Interview Questions

3.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Merchant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Three interviews total, two at my college campus through the career center and one at home office in New Albany. During the first one we were given a project that we were asked to complete and then talk through during the second interview. The third interview we met with a ton of people at headquarters, including a panel discussion with current employees.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult thing about their questions was that they werent very official, more of a conversation.   Answer Question
No negotiation, set salary

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Very friendly people and atmosphere - but very "abercrombie." don't go to this interview unless you are dressed in a&f.

Very informative process. Interviews are laid back. I think they care more to see that you are social than they care to hound you with tough questions.

Nobody there had a merchandising background. Most were liberal arts. So if you don't have a merchandising background, don't sweat it.

Interview Questions
    • Basic stuff like "describe a situation when you had to work with somebody you disagreed with" etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2011.

There are two levels of interviews for Abercrombie and Fitch merchandising--the first is an on-campus interview (or preliminary interview if off campus) which includes a short IQ test and a merchandising exercise, in addition to normal interview questions. The second (final) level is one at the headquarters, where you are competing with other interviewees in mass group interview style. It's an all-day event which starts with tours and group activities, and then there are personalized interviews (two with different people of varying management positions) and a self-recorded interview with a webcam. There are several HR people that guide you along the way and you are assigned a mentor before the process.

Interview Questions
    • (The style-out exercise) Which of these items should not be ordered?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2011.

The entire interview process as well as the job is laid back. Be calm, cool, and yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a challenge and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you felt the most proud/accomplished?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2009.

The process takes 3-4 weeks and involves 2 rounds of interviews.

Assistant Merchant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2012.

I initially applied through my college career website but did not receive any response from them until I spoke in person during a recruiting fair on campus. They were very fun, friendly, etc. and encouraged me to apply online. From there, the pool was narrowed significantly and we completed in-person interviews. The interview consisted of a aptitude test (timed) and then two half hour long interviews with each interviewer. One was pleasant and enjoyable but the second (in my experience) was quite intensive.

Interview Questions
    • What has given you the greatest satisfaction in your 21 years of life?   Answer Question

Assistant Merchant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2008.

i met with several people, ranging from associate to vice president. they were very interested in whether i would fit in with the culture and whether i could handle the heavy workload. almost all of them explained the job roll and then asked why i thought that i would be a great fit.