Abercrombie & Fitch Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Wellington, FL).

Interview

They ask a list of questions that have nothing to do with getting hired or not. They make a decision based solely on your looks within 30 seconds of meeting you.

Interview Questions

• Have you had to handle an angry customer in the past if so how and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offer a rate everyone makes the same

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

You first meet and greet with the Store Manager, then meet with the District Manager for a full interview. Dress as if you were coming in for a day of work (as in, don't come to your interview in a suit, but in a cute Abercrombie outfit).

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest challenge you overcame in your last job?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

You start out in an interview as a manager in training (MIT). The interview is with one of the company's District Managers. It is very casual, very laid-back. Most of the questions were to get a feel for your personality - who you are, where are you from, what you like to do, etc. The interview is VERY casual. Do NOT wear dress clothes. Wear a polo or woven shirt, jeans, and a t-shirt - seriously. They really look for people who are "brand-positive" and fit their easy-going lifestyle.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

It was really quick. First I met with he store manager and then the district manager the next day and i started working that following Monday! It didnt really seem like an inerview. It was more conversational than anything. I noticed she really just wanted to see how outgoing or willing to share I was.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question would be "So.. why would you move from FL to TX"!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

you would show up and the district manager would talk to you one on one, usually in the mall. he would take you out of the store and sit you down and talk to you. for me, they told me I had the job at the end of the interview then you would go home and they would contact you in a week (or however long you told them you needed to start) then you would go back in for buying company clothes so you can start the same day.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Very brief interview , in the mall usually, very casual interview for a casual company. Met with the district manager , who does all the hiring of the managers , sometimes the store managers sit in during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• where do you see your self with the company in 5 years   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

basic interview process, packet of questions they ask you which entail different scenarios you've been in and how you've solved them. basic interview process, packet of questions they ask you which entail different scenarios you've been in and how you've solved them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a deadline to complete a project, did you finish on time? what was the process?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interview with the District Manager, usually in a food court or coffee shop nearby. Interviews are standardized, so interviewer first asks you general questions about yourself (what you've been doing recently, where you graduated college and when) and then asks you a series of predetermined questions meant to give a fair run of things for each candidate. Questions generally have to do with tough situations you've been in and how you've dealt with them. There are a lot of questions and I made up or elaborated on a few of them just because I haven't been in that many situations where there was significant conflict.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a group where one of the members either didn't get along with you or didn't get along with the whole group? How did you deal with that situation?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a manager or employer and if so, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your leadership style? Provide examples.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

It was one interview with the District Manager in the food court of the mall. She was nice and respectful during the interview. There were formal questions but it seemed very informal considering it was in the food court of the mall. An offer was made within one week.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't difficult questions. Questions were a mix of behavior-based and competencies i.e. how would you handle an angry customer, what are your management skills, etc. It didn't seem to matter how much related experience I had as long as I was on-point during the appropriate questions/answers. The interviewer was serious but not intimidating.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was recruited so I just went for my interview time. Wore the newest style and met the District Manager. Essentially they just want a brief synopsis of your hobbies, life, college days, job experience and how you became interested in their company. It was really casual and laid back, it did not even seem like an interview at all.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to diffuse a situation and give an example   1 Answer