Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions in Boston, MA

1.7

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview with the District Manager, usually in a food court or coffee shop nearby. Interviews are standardized, so interviewer first asks you general questions about yourself (what you've been doing recently, where you graduated college and when) and then asks you a series of predetermined questions meant to give a fair run of things for each candidate. Questions generally have to do with tough situations you've been in and how you've dealt with them. There are a lot of questions and I made up or elaborated on a few of them just because I haven't been in that many situations where there was significant conflict.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a group where one of the members either didn't get along with you or didn't get along with the whole group? How did you deal with that situation?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a manager or employer and if so, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your leadership style? Provide examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Group interview, only a few questions. Very easy, I get the feeling they wanted a lot of workers and they seemed to hire all the people in the group. I came dressed slightly "preppy," as advised by the internet, but honestly the interviewer did not seem at all to care what I was wearing under my coat (it was very cold out).

No negotiation

Store Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2013.

Pretty simple and straight forward - it was a group interview with other potential impacts and models for a position at a flagship. They asked me an interesting fact about myself, what I knew about AF, what my friends would describe me as, what diversity was, what would make me successful at Abercrombie and etc.

Interview Questions
    • What would make you successful at Abercrombie?   View Answer

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2012.

Went into a HCO store to return some jeans and was asked whether a) had a four year degree and b) interested in becoming a MIT. I figured I had nothing to lose so the Assistant Manager set up an interview with me and and district manager (DM) the following day. Since the store is fairly loud (blaring music, overly perfumed and generally dark) the DM took me to the Nordstrom Cafe area for the interview. The interview itself was fairly basic. She explained to me the agenda of the interview and then told me I could ask whatever questions I liked at the very end. She first explained to me her own career path to the present, then read the pamphlet of what is expected in the MIT program and a AF Brand employee. After giving me the overview of the company she began a series of behavioral questions that asked me to use examples from my previous work, school, background - All my answers were scribbled into her pamphlet for recording purposes. The whole process took 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to deal with people of different cultural background?   Answer Question
    • Share an experience where you had to meet a deadline.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2011.

It was a group interview and the manager went around and asked each person two questions, relatively easy like situational questions ' what would you do in this situation' and 'how did you handle this type of situation'. got a call in few days that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time when you had to deal with a rude customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2011.

I was approached by a store manager and asked to interview for a position at A&F and I did. They called me within 4 days and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    Just be friendly and don't bother loading up on make-up. They like natural beauty.

Store Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salem, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2011.

Simple and short. Was not asked too many questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2010.

I went to the A&F site to sign up for a job as an Impact. I went to the store and spoke to one of the managers there and coincidentally, the interview was later in the day. I went back to the store and saw a few people lining up for the interview. It was a group interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2009.

They ask about diversity so they don't get sued again. They also ask about how you can work in a team (have never really worked as a team since I've worked there since 2009) and they want to get a general feel for your personality. Impact is for stockroom stuff and Model is for sales floor stuff. Basically if they want, they will make you a model. Sometimes though you'll basically choose, and if you do have the choice, impact all the way (i've done both)

Interview Questions
    • What is diversity and how is relevant in the workplace?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Peabody, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peabody, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2009.

Group interview. Asked a bunch of questions like about your leadership abilities, what Abercrombie & Fitch means to you, etc. Pretty generic questions

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were generic, what you'd expect in a retail interview.   Answer Question
    Nothing. All models are paid minimum wage, $8/hour

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!