Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jul 24, 2015

1.8

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

basic interview process, packet of questions they ask you which entail different scenarios you've been in and how you've solved them. basic interview process, packet of questions they ask you which entail different scenarios you've been in and how you've solved them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a deadline to complete a project, did you finish on time? what was the process?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interview with the District Manager, usually in a food court or coffee shop nearby. Interviews are standardized, so interviewer first asks you general questions about yourself (what you've been doing recently, where you graduated college and when) and then asks you a series of predetermined questions meant to give a fair run of things for each candidate. Questions generally have to do with tough situations you've been in and how you've dealt with them. There are a lot of questions and I made up or elaborated on a few of them just because I haven't been in that many situations where there was significant conflict.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a group where one of the members either didn't get along with you or didn't get along with the whole group? How did you deal with that situation?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a manager or employer and if so, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your leadership style? Provide examples.   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA).

Interview

Group interview, only a few questions. Very easy, I get the feeling they wanted a lot of workers and they seemed to hire all the people in the group. I came dressed slightly "preppy," as advised by the internet, but honestly the interviewer did not seem at all to care what I was wearing under my coat (it was very cold out).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Store Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Pretty simple and straight forward - it was a group interview with other potential impacts and models for a position at a flagship. They asked me an interesting fact about myself, what I knew about AF, what my friends would describe me as, what diversity was, what would make me successful at Abercrombie and etc.

Interview Questions

• What would make you successful at Abercrombie?   1 Answer

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Burlington, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Went into a HCO store to return some jeans and was asked whether a) had a four year degree and b) interested in becoming a MIT. I figured I had nothing to lose so the Assistant Manager set up an interview with me and and district manager (DM) the following day. Since the store is fairly loud (blaring music, overly perfumed and generally dark) the DM took me to the Nordstrom Cafe area for the interview. The interview itself was fairly basic. She explained to me the agenda of the interview and then told me I could ask whatever questions I liked at the very end. She first explained to me her own career path to the present, then read the pamphlet of what is expected in the MIT program and a AF Brand employee. After giving me the overview of the company she began a series of behavioral questions that asked me to use examples from my previous work, school, background - All my answers were scribbled into her pamphlet for recording purposes. The whole process took 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with people of different cultural background?   Answer Question
    • Share an experience where you had to meet a deadline.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Easy interview only got hired because I'm good looking and have a four year degree. Just apply online and someone will call you or walk into the store and fill out an application. Make sure you tell them you have a degree

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Model/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview was a group interview, basic questions asked, very relaxed, chill, almost informal environment, sat on floor outside the store, very basic questions, one interesting one was, "what does diversity mean to you?"

Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

It was a group interview and the manager went around and asked each person two questions, relatively easy like situational questions ' what would you do in this situation' and 'how did you handle this type of situation'. got a call in few days that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to deal with a rude customer   Answer Question

Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

I was approached by a store manager and asked to interview for a position at A&F and I did. They called me within 4 days and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just be friendly and don't bother loading up on make-up. They like natural beauty.

Store Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Salem, NH) in January 2011.

Interview

Simple and short. Was not asked too many questions.