Abercrombie & Fitch Brand Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

1.2

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I was recruited at the mall while I was walking around. They had me come in a few days later and I interviewed with 4 or 5 other people. It was very casual

Interview Questions

• How would you approach someone who was caught stealing?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy and informal. Make sure to dress appropriately, casual and representative of the brand. Be genuine and answer their questions as if you were speaking to a friend, but be polite and respectful. Arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your interview and speak to other applicants and employees while waiting. Be enthusiastic and have a smile on your face at all times. Also, be patient and wait for them to call back. It is important to follow their directions and wait for the result. I did not receive a call until the 7th day of the 1 week waiting period. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• -What does diversity mean to you and how important is it in the workplace? (Very Important) -How would your friends and family describe you or your personality? -How would you describe the Abercrombie brand?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Brandon, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

A group interview took place at the food court. The manager asked us each a few questions. The main one that will always come up is "Define diversity, and why is it important in the workplace?" This question can come up in many different forms though. Overall it was a short, and easy interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

They conduct group interviews. I went into the store, got a code, applied online, and called in to schedule an interview. I wore the brand's clothing with natural makeup and hair. We then met up and walked to the food court to have a casual interview. The manager was super sweet and laid back. The assistant manager was also with us, but she was cool too.

Interview Questions

• What does inclusion mean to you and why is it important in a workplace?   Answer Question

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I was recruited by an associate when purchasing items. Turned in my application, was called the next week. I had an interview with an Assistant Manager. He didn't have the hours I wanted at one location so he referred me to another local store, Mall of America. Went to the store and the GM had me fill out paperwork and that was it. Easiest interview I have ever had and hiring process was smooth.

Interview Questions

• They whole interview was very casual and the questions were general. If they like what they see and you have a great personality and smile you're in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They pay what they can offer. If you get hired at a flagship door or high focus door you'll get paid at a higher wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Lynnwood, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

I got recruited by one of the (really hot...) managers one day and went on an 1 on 1 interview at 10AM on a Saturday. He bought me Starbucks and asked questions like 'what does diversity mean to you' and 'where would you want to travel to?' I know this is a little different than what they normally do (group interviews on Tuesday and Friday at 4PM - used to work at Hollister + heard from other a&f brand reps) but that's how mine went and I got hired 10 minutes or so later. Possibly the easiest interview I've ever had haha.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They only offer minimum wage. You get a discount of 30% at your store and 40% about 4 times a year I think.

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2009.

Interview

single one-on-one interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (San Francisco, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Did an in-person interview by just walking in and letting them know that I was interested in working there. Had my resume with me. The manager walked me to the back and took a look at my interview and asked me a few questions regarding my resume. Then said he would get back back to me later. About 2-3 days later he called and left a message on my answering machine saying that he's like for me to start. A pretty simple process. Most of the people that worked there had a laid back/college atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What are you studying in school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Frisco, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

Fairly short interview. When you are shopping they approach people to apply that have the image of the "girl" or "guy" next door look. They pretty much work like any retail store, they tell you what they expect. You didn't have to wear their clothes, but they did want you to have their "look".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiating on the pay. It was $7. You also get a 30% discount which was great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Troy, MI) in July 2008.

Interview

I was at the mall and was recruited to come to a group interview a week later. There were about 7 other people there and the manager went around the circle asking questions. None of the questions really required much thought. I felt the manager was solely trying to see who had the right personality to work at the store. Also, she was looking to see who fit the A&F "look".

Interview Questions

• What CD do you listen to in your car that's your dirty little secret?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, just an hourly wage everyone started at.