Abercrombie & Fitch

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brand Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2009.

Interview Details – single one-on-one interview

Interview Question – What does Abercrombie represent to you?   Answer Question

Brand Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – I was recruited by an associate when purchasing items. Turned in my application, was called the next week. I had an interview with an Assistant Manager. He didn't have the hours I wanted at one location so he referred me to another local store, Mall of America. Went to the store and the GM had me fill out paperwork and that was it. Easiest interview I have ever had and hiring process was smooth.

Interview Question – They whole interview was very casual and the questions were general. If they like what they see and you have a great personality and smile you're in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They pay what they can offer. If you get hired at a flagship door or high focus door you'll get paid at a higher wage.

Lynnwood, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2010.

Interview Details – I got recruited by one of the (really hot...) managers one day and went on an 1 on 1 interview at 10AM on a Saturday. He bought me Starbucks and asked questions like 'what does diversity mean to you' and 'where would you want to travel to?' I know this is a little different than what they normally do (group interviews on Tuesday and Friday at 4PM - used to work at Hollister + heard from other a&f brand reps) but that's how mine went and I got hired 10 minutes or so later. Possibly the easiest interview I've ever had haha.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They only offer minimum wage. You get a discount of 30% at your store and 40% about 4 times a year I think.

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2009.

Interview Details – Did an in-person interview by just walking in and letting them know that I was interested in working there. Had my resume with me. The manager walked me to the back and took a look at my interview and asked me a few questions regarding my resume. Then said he would get back back to me later. About 2-3 days later he called and left a message on my answering machine saying that he's like for me to start. A pretty simple process. Most of the people that worked there had a laid back/college atmosphere.

Interview Question – What are you studying in school?   View Answer

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2008.

Interview Details – They asked questions like which celebrity do you think you are most like and why? What cd is currently in your car deck? Just basic questions to see what kind of personality you have if you have one at all. Plus is shows how you stand out in a crowd.

Interview Question – How would you describe the look of Hollister?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2008.

Interview Details – I was at the mall and was recruited to come to a group interview a week later. There were about 7 other people there and the manager went around the circle asking questions. None of the questions really required much thought. I felt the manager was solely trying to see who had the right personality to work at the store. Also, she was looking to see who fit the A&F "look".

Interview Question – What CD do you listen to in your car that's your dirty little secret?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, just an hourly wage everyone started at.

Frisco, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2008.

Interview Details – Fairly short interview. When you are shopping they approach people to apply that have the image of the "girl" or "guy" next door look. They pretty much work like any retail store, they tell you what they expect. You didn't have to wear their clothes, but they did want you to have their "look".

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating on the pay. It was $7. You also get a 30% discount which was great.

Brand Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiters asked me to come to interview. Interview questions were pretty easy; read over their website to get an insight on what they want to hear. Knowing this will help you tailor your answers.

Interview Questions

Brand Representative

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2008.

Interview Details – I was told to come in on a Wednesday afternoon for a group interview. I was informed to wear the brand for the interview. There were around 8 people in the group interview and around half would have the "Abercrombie look", as they say. Three days after the interview I was called in to finish my paperwork and set up my schedule.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with us?   Answer Question

Brand Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2008.

Interview Details – First you have to fill out this little application in the store which is basically pointless because what you really need to do is have someone who already works there come up and ask you if you want to work there... Anyways once you get a phone call from the manager to come to one of the many group interviews you sit in a circle and talk. The key to this interview is to be talkative and friendly, but more importantly they want to see you in person to make sure you would look good in their clothes. So you talk a little, about nothing really that important, then they send you away.

Interview Question – if you could be an animal, what kind of animal would you be?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch Brand Representative interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.