Abercrombie & Fitch

2.9

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The manager asked three questions all about behaviors. for example, how do you deal with conflict schedules. and do you think doing good and doing fast, which one is good?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2014.

Applied through career center on campus. First you do a video interview, where you film the answers to simple questions like "name and major" and "where do you see yourself in 5 years". That gets you an on-campus interview, where they'll ask you questions like "why abercrombie?" and why you chose the role you applied for. If you make it past that, you may be asked to a home office visit. They'll fly you into Columbus and take you on tours and to nice dinners, and then the next day you do a group case project and have 3, 45 minute interviews. I had them with higher up people, but many of the people there with me interviewed with lower-level people as well. Called the next with an offer. Overall, everyone is incredibly friendly. It's no secret that it's a tough and selective interview process, but you'll have fun getting to know everyone along the way.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 goals you've recently set for yourself and achieved? How did you achieve them?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was asked to interview with them through a job fair. I first met with them casually for coffee to ask basic questions. We then had a dinner. I then was brought to an interview where I talked to 2 different people and had to take a test. I dressed casually in Abercrombie clothes.

Interview Questions
    • If you were describe yourself with three brands what would they be?   Answer Question

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

They approached me on Linkedin for a senior position. After many skype interviews and a comp trip to Ohio (where 8 different people interviewed me all day) they decided to offer me an assistant position...

Interview Questions
    • Lots of info about my college education and SAT/ACT test scores. HR wants to know a lot about you as a person and has a lot of control in the hiring process   Answer Question

Not the job I interviewed for...low salary, lower position, locked me in for 3 years if I wanted help relocating

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Very straight forward with no trick questions. Each step of the interview process moves quickly. I found out the results of my interviews within 3-4 days of completing them. The final round interview in columbus oh was very informative. The recruiters took us on tours of the home office and columbus. The interviews lasted about 3 hours with an additional group activity.

Interview Questions
    • A case study using the information that you learned early in the day during a tour of the corporate office.   Answer Question

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

On campus recruiting is consisted of an energetic and 'fun' HR person showing an 'abercrombie lifestyle' video. They definitely wine and dine you, let you stay at a fancy hotel suite, pay for your flights, take you out to an expensive steak dinner.

Interview Questions
    • How are you different and what different and new qualities can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2013.

I first met them at a job fair right before graduation, after that I got called for a Skype interview. After that I was asked to submit a medium size project. After being chosen they'll fly you to Columbus and interview you in person. I was interviewed by 2 senior designers that looked at my project, resume and portfolio and I was also interviewed by an HR person.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very standard, I think it is more important for your work to speak for itself. They will ask a lot about your workplace attitude and your capabilities to be a team player.   Answer Question

Brand Senses Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through my school and was sent an e-mail to do a 1-2 minute "video interview" answering 2 questions about myself and submit it on their site. I was contacted a week later to apply on their website as well as put my resume up on their OSU posting. They contacted me probably a month later saying I made it to the next step and had me set up a 1 hour interview. I was e-mailed the night before saying I had to attend a MANDATORY Pre-Party Interview at a restaurant on OSU campus. This ended up being a "meet everyone else that is interviewing for your position" party. I was as enthusiastic and upbeat as possible but it was not something I'd every had to do for an interview so it threw me off. You could not tell who worked for Abercrombie from who was interviewing, so I just met a lot of fellow interviewees. I was told at the party to dress casual at my interview even though my confirmation interview e-mail told me to dress business professional. I had my interview the next morning on campus with 2 recruiters and dressed more business casual because I would not have felt comfortable in jeans and a tank top interviewing for a career.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you were in our store? What was missing?   View Answer

Inventory Management Internship - Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2013.

I discovered their Leadership Development Program through the Internship Fair at my school. Show as much enthusiasm and excitement for the company as you can and they will remember you, which is important considering they have 10000 people apply each year.
    When they notified me of the first interview, they had a Preparty the Sunday before. Don't sweat this at all. During the first interview, I interviewed with one HR person, one Inventory Management person, and had an Intelligence Test (the one they give to the players at the NFL Combine). These interviews are short (20-30 minutes) so be concise with your answers. You cannot finish the test in the allotted time so just go as fast as you can. Two weeks later they called and invited me out to their Home Office for two days.
    This is where it gets serious. They will fly you in if you are not from Columbus, put you up in one of the nicest hotels downtown with your own room, and give you a bag of free clothing. Do not get distracted by all the perks. They are evaluating you the entire time. The first day consisted of a tour around Columbus, a series of discussions and presentations by high-up people in HR, and some tours of their on-site flagship store and DC. The second day was made up of more tours of their mock stores on campus, more presentations, and the interviews. One group project, one case study, a video project, one HR interview, and two Inventory Management interviews. Just be yourself and stay consistent with your answers, or else you will come off as fake. Use the knowledge you learned on the tours, be happy and positive, and show them you are a good fit for their unique but exciting company.
    They called me only a couple days later offering me the position. It was a very long and exhausting process, but very worth it in the end.

Interview Questions
    • What was your greatest accomplishment up to this point in your life?   View Answer
    There wasn't any negotiation. The benefit package is competitive and very appealing to college students.

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2013.

Asked to complete a product category project prior to meeting. Pick 3 of the 10 brand categories and allocate a percentage of the total units (350,00). Interview was an hour long with two people. One from HR the other from the merchandise planner group. Asked me pretty standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Should have known this was coming, but I wasn't prepared: What does the Abercrombie Brand mean to you.   View Answer