Abercrombie & Fitch

Relevance Date Difficulty

In-store Model/Store Associate Interview

In-store Model/Store Associate
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Usually if you are recruited to apply for the store, you already have the job. The interview is just a formality.
The interview is in a group where a manager take 5-10 people at a time and everyone has the same questions.

Interview Question – Some are very traditional such as "What would you add to the company?" and some are weird like "What type of superhero would you like to be?"   Answer Question

PT Impact Interview

PT Impact
Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2012.

Interview Details – Simple application and casual interview.

Interview Question – What are three strengths you have?   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Manager In Training (MIT)
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2013.

Interview Details – Really simple. Anyone who applies for the MIT program is guaranteed an interview with the District Manager. The interview last between 45 to 60 minutes. The questions are pretty basic and if you're struggling with them and they like you they will kind of lead you to the right answer. It's a guided interview. The DM is just supposed to read verbatim off the page what A&F has told them to (Same goes for all other interviews). My DM was dodgy and hard for me to get a hold of after my interview, we played phone tag for a while. Finally she got around to sending me my offer letter (Salary is non-negotiable) and my proposed start date.

Interview Question – The questions are stupidly easy. They'll ask about your opinion of diversity because the company likes to act like it's diverse. "we only hire pretty people, but look, they come in all sorts of colors!!" The questions aren't supposed to be hard, they want to see what you look like ad what your personality is like. You need to be bubbly and smiliy and upbeat! you also want to go to the interview wearing very natural makeup, flip flops, jeans (double cuffed at the ankle) and a simple white or navy top. (Colors change throughout the season but white and navy are basically always staples.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Manager In Training (MIT)
Arlington, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Very laid back and relaxed in the store or in the malls food court. I actually conducted a few interviews and I would say its 50% your A&F look and 50% personality. Always looking for fresh faced high energy fun to be around people.

Interview Question – What would you say your best quality is?   Answer Question

Model Interview

Model
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2012.

Interview Details – It is a group interview, when I want it was four people. You are interviewed by a store Manager and based on what position you applied for or were recruited for. They ask you to describe yourself, what made you apply, what you think about Diversity, and what type of style you think the brand is.

Interview Questions

• What is your name and what made you apply with Abercrombie & Fitch?   Answer Question
  • How would others describe you?   Answer Question
  • Do you have a background in Customer Service?   Answer Question
  • What is your definition of Diversity, and do you think it is important in the workplace?   Answer Question
  • What is your favorite thing about Abercrombie & Fitch, and what style, in your opinion, is the style of Abercrombie & Fitch?   View Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2010.

Interview Details – You are either hired or not hired the time the district manager sees you. If you are pretty, you got the job. If you are not or "do not fit the company image" you will not get the job no matter how good you answer the interview questions and no matter how much experience you have. None is needed. You just have to be a natural beauty that is why the company is so screwed and falling apart. The managers have no clue how to manage. Just a paycheck

Interview Question – All of the questions are easy. They do that so if you are beautiful and dumb, they can still offer you the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No everyone is paid the same.

Brand Representative Interview

Brand Representative
Frisco, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2008.

Interview Details – Fairly short interview. When you are shopping they approach people to apply that have the image of the "girl" or "guy" next door look. They pretty much work like any retail store, they tell you what they expect. You didn't have to wear their clothes, but they did want you to have their "look".

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating on the pay. It was $7. You also get a 30% discount which was great.

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training
Plano, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2010.

Interview Details – I went in to Gilly Hicks on Sunday, gave the manager my contact info, and she gave the address to the online application. She called me on Monday morning, asking if I could show up to an interview on Tuesday afternoon with the DM.
She said to wear the brands flipflops, a tshirt, jeans, and very little makeup. (This look is apparently universal across all Abercrombie brands.)
The interview was relatively short and to the point. She was professional - not conversational at all. She read down a checklist of questions, scribbling down my responses, and thanked me for the interview. I received a note in the mail five days later thanking me for my interest, but informing me that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Question – What are your long-term career goals?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch interview questions and advice in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.