Abercrombie & Fitch Floor Model Interview Questions & Reviews

1.7

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mentor, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2010.

Really open and friendly. Group interview turned one-on-one. Offered in great detail the rundown of the job, what was expected, dress etiquette and brand identity. Paperwork was easy. People are great.

Interview Questions
  • If you see a customer having a difficult time (trying on clothes, choosing an outfit) what would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2012.

The hiring process for me was really more of a scouting process, as someone approached me at school to work for the company. In need of a job, I said yes, and wound up in a group interview with a bunch of other potential employees and myself. It was more of an orientation than even an interview, as I guess they hire anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2013.

Dress like them for the interview. Meaning you don't have to where slacks and a button up shirt. If you don't have their clothes, just try to dress in their style. Be yourself, the interviews are just going to ask you basic questions about your worth ethics and how you would react under certain situations.

Interview Questions
    • There aren't any unexpected questions. They might ask you a questions like "What makes Abercrombie & Fitch clothes stand out from others?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2014.

Was pretty easy. I walked into the store on a Tuesday and spoke directly to the manager who was nice and walked me through exactly how to apply at one of the little kiosks they have in the store. I applied for a model position and the manager told me to come back on Friday for the group interview.

In total there was 5 of us and the questions were simple: What does diversity mean to you and why is it important in the workplace? Why do you think you'll make a good employee? Why do you wanna work here? stuff like that. I must say, the girl interviewing us seemed a bit ditzy...she didn't really seem interested in us, it almost was like she didn't wanna be there nor care at all. When she was going down the line asking questions she even asked me "Do I have to repeat the question for you or did you hear it?" Whatever. I thought the interview went well, but sadly I was not offered the position. They make it clear that they do NOT want you to call them, they will call you within a week if you got the position and will give you the silent treatment if you didn't.

Floor Model Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

two question in group setting, diversity question and problem solving question super easy just say a complete thought and you be fine but look is more nortant if you look really good just show up if not then go for stock room job

8.25 pay

Anonymous Employee  in  Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2010.

I applied for the position and was taken to the a cafeteria, where the sales manager asked me a bunch of questions. She essentially asked why I would be a good fit, why I represent Abercrombie, etc. Easy process, however, they mainly went off looks.

Interview Questions
    • None, it was all easy. I'm telling you though, unless you are what they are looking for, you won't have the job. Wear Abercrombie to the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The interview was a group interview that was not very organized. We went outside and gathered in a circle in an area by a kids play area in the mall and answered questions. The purpose of the questions was to see which people would stand out, but the question were not pertinent to the job.

Interview Questions

I declined because the job seemed like it was more for the superficial and young.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buford, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2013.

It last 10 minutes tops, easy questions. do not think to much about it, relax and be positive, if you are too structured they will sense that you aren't a people person.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2014.

I was walking around the mall and the store managers approached me and asked if I would be interested in getting a part time summer job at A&F. They gave me a recruitment card with the website and password and told me I should apply online. I applied the next day and chose my interview for the next Friday afternoon at 4. Their interviews are always Tuesdays and Fridays at 4, and they are group interviews. I did some Googling around and read up about the interviews/what to wear. Interviews are casual and quick. Be peppy and outgoing, wear their clothes - what's in for the season (do NOT dress "business" like you normally would for an interview), be friendly, smile a lot, and know some about their company. For women you can't go wrong with dark-wash skinnies and a plain v-neck or an A&F style blouse. Their colors right now are gray, white, and navy. Flip flops are perfect. Natural makeup and hair. Be confident. That's what they want. After the interview they will tell you when you should hear back if you get the job. They told me I would hear back within a week if I got the job. I ended up getting a call 8 days after the interview. If you don't hear from them for a while you could always call them and see what's up.

Interview Questions
    • How would your friends and family describe you, and what do you think are your best qualities?
      What is diversity, and why is it important in the workplace?
      How would you describe A&F's style?
      Why do you think you would be successful at A&F?
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodbridge, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2014.

A recruiter ran out of the store and stopped to ask me to apply/do an interview. I did the interview March 20th with three other people. I was the only male, and only caucasian (which made answering the diversity question a bit harder!). I read that it usually takes about a week to hear back (if you don't hear back you don't get offered a position) but I was called this afternoon Monday (interviewed on prior Friday) and offered a position / orientation date. I think it helps to be totally friendly not only with the interviewer BUT ALSO with the other interviewers!

Interview Questions
    • I think the hardest question was to describe what you think of A&F, I forgot to say preppy.   View Answer

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!