Abercrombie & Fitch

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
53 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Naples, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2011.

Interview Details – Asked 4 questions about personality, meaning of diversity, what makes a good sales representative, and how to describe Abercrombie style.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you and is it important in the workplace?   Answer Question

Skokie, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2010.

Interview Details – It was a group interview , they ask you the typical question why here? describe A&F fashion, what is diversity to you

Interview Question – what is diversity to you? and why is it important   Answer Question

Anchorage, AK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – There was supposed to be a group interview, but one of the employers told me that the interview was an hour later than it actually was and because of his mistake, the lady still interviewed me but it was a 1:1 type instead of a group. It was really relaxed, we just sat outside of the store on a bench in the mall and she asked basic questions about the store and about myself.

Interview Question – What look do you think A&F is trying to portray?   View Answer

Floor Model

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was approached by a store manager to apply. I went home and applied online. Then they called me to set up a group interview. Came in and sat in a very relaxed interview setting, with two other girls. We each separately answered the questions individually.

Interview Question – Why is diversity important in the work place?   Answer Question

Nanuet, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2009.

Interview Details – They were welcome and asked general questions about what we would do in situations - it was a group interview and they asked what kind of music we listen to.

Negotiation Details – None it was hourly

Floor Model

I applied online and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – one interview

Interview Question – How would you describe the store   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is none. Take it or leave it

Woodbridge, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2014.

Interview Details – A recruiter ran out of the store and stopped to ask me to apply/do an interview. I did the interview March 20th with three other people. I was the only male, and only caucasian (which made answering the diversity question a bit harder!). I read that it usually takes about a week to hear back (if you don't hear back you don't get offered a position) but I was called this afternoon Monday (interviewed on prior Friday) and offered a position / orientation date. I think it helps to be totally friendly not only with the interviewer BUT ALSO with the other interviewers!

Interview Question – I think the hardest question was to describe what you think of A&F, I forgot to say preppy.   View Answer

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – went to store manager helped me fill out application
the day of interview i was so tired and i couldnt open my eyes so obviously they rejected me
just try to be clear and be awake

Interview Question – how do you make peopel join you   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Approached by store manager on applying, submitted application, had interview.

Interview Question – What is your definition of diversity?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Wayne, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the position and was taken to the a cafeteria, where the sales manager asked me a bunch of questions. She essentially asked why I would be a good fit, why I represent Abercrombie, etc. Easy process, however, they mainly went off looks.

Interview Question – None, it was all easy. I'm telling you though, unless you are what they are looking for, you won't have the job. Wear Abercrombie to the interview.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch Floor Model interview questions and advice. All 53 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.