Abercrombie & Fitch

1.7

62 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2014.

A recruiter ran out of the store and stopped to ask me to apply/do an interview. I did the interview March 20th with three other people. I was the only male, and only caucasian (which made answering the diversity question a bit harder!). I read that it usually takes about a week to hear back (if you don't hear back you don't get offered a position) but I was called this afternoon Monday (interviewed on prior Friday) and offered a position / orientation date. I think it helps to be totally friendly not only with the interviewer BUT ALSO with the other interviewers!

Interview Questions
  • I think the hardest question was to describe what you think of A&F, I forgot to say preppy.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Floor Model Interview

went to store manager helped me fill out application
    the day of interview i was so tired and i couldnt open my eyes so obviously they rejected me
    just try to be clear and be awake

Floor Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

There were three ridiculous questions, it was hardly interview because they only hire on looks (I'm so flattered...) and they only emphasize diversity in the interview because of past law suits. After describing my personality, the store brand, and having to say the tag line the interview had come to a close. I received a call about a week later saying I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Answering about diversity because I think it is unfair that people of color and/or other races feel they can just be hired because he or she is black or Spanish. Plus, I don't give a crap about diversity, it has nothing to do with me.   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2013.

Got recruited and they gave me a password to log in to their application page online, or you can fill out an application on the computer in the store. During the application process you choose with interview date you would like to attend.
    The day before my interview they called me to confirm that I'm coming in.

The day of the interview: I dressed up in an outfit that resembles Abercrombie & Fitch style because I didn't own any of their clothing. I wore dark blue skinny jeans, flats, a cream colored ruffled top, and a gray cardigan. I wore very minimal makeup, and fixed my hair is natural waves. I waited at the chairs/couches near the cashwrap with the other people.

The interview is a group interview. It was split up in two groups, models and impact. Everyone had a turn to answer a total of 4 questions while the interviewer wrote down notes of our answers. We were also told of the summary of the positions, dress code, and when to expect a call from them if we are hired. The interview went for about 30 minutes with my group of 6 people (including me). Some people handed in resumes, I didn't.

I got the call back saying I was hired the next day.
    Some important tips: Stand out from the rest of the group, show that you're friendly and outgoing, smile, and be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • (The questions are difficult, but I will list some for you) What is diversity and why is it important in the workplace?   View Answer
    • What makes you a good candidate to work at Abercrombie?   View Answer
    • Describe Abercrombie's style   View Answer
    • How would your friends describe you and give an example   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Approached by store manager on applying, submitted application, had interview.

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Towson, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Towson, OK

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2013.

Interview was made by two 19 years old or younger kids, who had such faces like hate everybody, boy was ok but girl was so unprofessional and answered on questions very unfriendly .

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhasset, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhasset, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

They are constantly looking for new sales associates, either floor models or impact team members. One of the managers came up to me and asked if I was interested in working. They took my number down and called me back the next day to schedule an interview and the interview itself wasn't longer than 10 minutes. It's always a group interview ranging from 2 to 7 people. They tell you they will call you within a week if they are interested in hiring you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2013.

It last 10 minutes tops, easy questions. do not think to much about it, relax and be positive, if you are too structured they will sense that you aren't a people person.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Floor Model Interview

Group interview. Ask basic questions about interests. Very easy process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2013.

They accepted my application without a second glance, they gave me (and the 3 other people they interviewed simultaneously) the job on the spot without even considering who they were hiring, It was very straight-forward and simple.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were very simple and easy to answer.   Answer Question