Abercrombie & Fitch

Average Difficulty
54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Floor Model

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2010.

Interview Details – Main question that they ask is, "What is diversity?"

Interview Question – Again, "What is diversity?"   Answer Question

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – went to store manager helped me fill out application
the day of interview i was so tired and i couldnt open my eyes so obviously they rejected me
just try to be clear and be awake

Interview Question – how do you make peopel join you   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2012.

Interview Details – Group interviw. Asked about diversity, two other questions I can't remember

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Floor Model

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2013.

Interview Details – Got recruited and they gave me a password to log in to their application page online, or you can fill out an application on the computer in the store. During the application process you choose with interview date you would like to attend.
The day before my interview they called me to confirm that I'm coming in.

The day of the interview: I dressed up in an outfit that resembles Abercrombie & Fitch style because I didn't own any of their clothing. I wore dark blue skinny jeans, flats, a cream colored ruffled top, and a gray cardigan. I wore very minimal makeup, and fixed my hair is natural waves. I waited at the chairs/couches near the cashwrap with the other people.

The interview is a group interview. It was split up in two groups, models and impact. Everyone had a turn to answer a total of 4 questions while the interviewer wrote down notes of our answers. We were also told of the summary of the positions, dress code, and when to expect a call from them if we are hired. The interview went for about 30 minutes with my group of 6 people (including me). Some people handed in resumes, I didn't.

I got the call back saying I was hired the next day.
Some important tips: Stand out from the rest of the group, show that you're friendly and outgoing, smile, and be prepared.

Interview Questions

• (The questions are difficult, but I will list some for you) What is diversity and why is it important in the workplace?   View Answer
  • What makes you a good candidate to work at Abercrombie?   View Answer
  • Describe Abercrombie's style   View Answer
  • How would your friends describe you and give an example   View Answer

Floor Model

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – There were three ridiculous questions, it was hardly interview because they only hire on looks (I'm so flattered...) and they only emphasize diversity in the interview because of past law suits. After describing my personality, the store brand, and having to say the tag line the interview had come to a close. I received a call about a week later saying I was hired.

Interview Question – Answering about diversity because I think it is unfair that people of color and/or other races feel they can just be hired because he or she is black or Spanish. Plus, I don't give a crap about diversity, it has nothing to do with me.   Answer Question

Birmingham, AL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2013.

Interview Details – Know what you feels the word "diversity' means. Very generic interview, really plain.

Interview Question – Easy questions. (Why do you want to work here?)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2009.

Interview Details – Casual group interview where they ask questions to get to know you. They typically are looking for someone that looks like they fit the brand.

Interview Question – They will ask personality questions like, "what is your most embarrassing moment?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase because there are a lot of people out there who want these positions as a part-time job.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2012.

Interview Details – 1 in person interview. normal questions to see if you are sane and fun to interact with.

I got hired on the spot pretty much, i mean the job is so easy a monkey could do it.

Interview Question – If you could be an animal, what would you be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none.

Fort Towson, OK

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was made by two 19 years old or younger kids, who had such faces like hate everybody, boy was ok but girl was so unprofessional and answered on questions very unfriendly .

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Approached by store manager on applying, submitted application, had interview.

Interview Question – What is your definition of diversity?   Answer Question