Abercrombie & Fitch Floor Model Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014

1.6

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I walked into one of the store with my friend, and ended up getting a recruit card from the store manager. Applied online and scheduled a interview. It's a group interview, fairly easy questions, just look good and be outgoing and positive.

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Floor Model Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

group interview with either the store manager or an assistant manager, very casual, between 3-5 questions, make sure you know what diversity is! if they ask for a volunteer to go first, volunteer! it will be hard for others to answer without sounding like they copied something from you

Interview Questions
    • What is diversity and why is it important in the workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

There was supposed to be a group interview, but one of the employers told me that the interview was an hour later than it actually was and because of his mistake, the lady still interviewed me but it was a 1:1 type instead of a group. It was really relaxed, we just sat outside of the store on a bench in the mall and she asked basic questions about the store and about myself.

Interview Questions
    • What look do you think A&F is trying to portray?   View Answer

Big on diversity questions

Floor Model Interview

I recently interviewed at both Hollister and Abercrombie and Fitch Last Week. I first put in an application at an in store computer.In the interview it was myself and another girl. We were asked to wait in the Canoe Room at the store while the manager was gathering the things for the interview. Once he was ready, the manager took us to the food court and began our interview. He asked us a series of 4 questions. One about the brand, describe three characteristics about yourself, how do you see your self at the company, and whats diversity and how it is important in the work place.

I'm still waiting to hear back as this was last week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was recruited on campus and the process moved quickly. I applied online and set-up an interview for the following week. The interview was very relaxed and informal. It took place at a local restaurant with a group of 6 other interviewees. By the end of the week, I was employed and began work that following.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you had a confrontation with a coworker and how did you resolve the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2012.

Easiest hiring process I have ever had. Went into the store during slow hours, applied at the kiosk in the back of the store and before leaving I chatted a bit with the manager. I received a call the following week for an interview on a Wednesday. Got to the interview, I walked around the store a bit while others showed up. Nobody else showed up, so it was a 2 on 1 interview because the other manager was training for interviews. Extremely easy interview, very laid back. They asked about what customer service meant to me, how I think I would fit into the Abercrombie style, very general questions. After 3 questions I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, they only pay minimum wage unless you are a manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2012.

The hiring process for me was really more of a scouting process, as someone approached me at school to work for the company. In need of a job, I said yes, and wound up in a group interview with a bunch of other potential employees and myself. It was more of an orientation than even an interview, as I guess they hire anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2012.

You are brought to the food court for a group interview so that managers can find out a little more about yourself. If you were personally recruited by a manager there is a much better chance of being hired than someone who has applied at the store from the computer. It is basically an evaluation on if you will interact with customers the way that is expected from upper management. Also it is to judge on your looks and style so wear something that is newer (NO BLACK) A&F loves natural beauty and expects it form employees so girls don't wear a ton of make up and guys keep the hair products to a natural level. To be blunt if you are hot you're in.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be one animal what would you be an why?   View Answer
    • How would you describe our brand   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2012.

Hiring was relatively easy. It was a group interview and they asked how we would describe the brand, how others would describe us, and things like that. What they really look for in the interview is a somewhat attractive person who could pull off the clothes.

Interview Questions
    • Why is the brand good for both the spring and the fall?   Answer Question