Abercrombie & Fitch Floor Model Interview Questions

1.6

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anchorage, AK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

There was supposed to be a group interview, but one of the employers told me that the interview was an hour later than it actually was and because of his mistake, the lady still interviewed me but it was a 1:1 type instead of a group. It was really relaxed, we just sat outside of the store on a bench in the mall and she asked basic questions about the store and about myself.

Interview Questions
  • What look do you think A&F is trying to portray?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Floor Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Big on diversity questions

Floor Model Interview

I recently interviewed at both Hollister and Abercrombie and Fitch Last Week. I first put in an application at an in store computer.In the interview it was myself and another girl. We were asked to wait in the Canoe Room at the store while the manager was gathering the things for the interview. Once he was ready, the manager took us to the food court and began our interview. He asked us a series of 4 questions. One about the brand, describe three characteristics about yourself, how do you see your self at the company, and whats diversity and how it is important in the work place.

I'm still waiting to hear back as this was last week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was recruited on campus and the process moved quickly. I applied online and set-up an interview for the following week. The interview was very relaxed and informal. It took place at a local restaurant with a group of 6 other interviewees. By the end of the week, I was employed and began work that following.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you had a confrontation with a coworker and how did you resolve the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arcadia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2012.

Easiest hiring process I have ever had. Went into the store during slow hours, applied at the kiosk in the back of the store and before leaving I chatted a bit with the manager. I received a call the following week for an interview on a Wednesday. Got to the interview, I walked around the store a bit while others showed up. Nobody else showed up, so it was a 2 on 1 interview because the other manager was training for interviews. Extremely easy interview, very laid back. They asked about what customer service meant to me, how I think I would fit into the Abercrombie style, very general questions. After 3 questions I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, they only pay minimum wage unless you are a manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2012.

You are brought to the food court for a group interview so that managers can find out a little more about yourself. If you were personally recruited by a manager there is a much better chance of being hired than someone who has applied at the store from the computer. It is basically an evaluation on if you will interact with customers the way that is expected from upper management. Also it is to judge on your looks and style so wear something that is newer (NO BLACK) A&F loves natural beauty and expects it form employees so girls don't wear a ton of make up and guys keep the hair products to a natural level. To be blunt if you are hot you're in.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be one animal what would you be an why?   View Answer
    • How would you describe our brand   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2012.

The hiring process for me was really more of a scouting process, as someone approached me at school to work for the company. In need of a job, I said yes, and wound up in a group interview with a bunch of other potential employees and myself. It was more of an orientation than even an interview, as I guess they hire anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2012.

Hiring was relatively easy. It was a group interview and they asked how we would describe the brand, how others would describe us, and things like that. What they really look for in the interview is a somewhat attractive person who could pull off the clothes.

Interview Questions
    • Why is the brand good for both the spring and the fall?   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2012.

I had a group interview of 5 people including me. Wasn't very difficult in comparison to other job positions in other companies. The first question was, "What diversity means to me?". Also, manager asked why do I want to work there and if I see myself successful in the company. She asked us to tell something about ourselves; what our style is like casual, classic or something else.

Manager said that she is going to call us in three days if we get an offer. In my case she didn't call me at all, but other manager called me like in two weeks. I didn't even expect to get hired. I accept the offer immediately because i needed a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jackson, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2012.

I went to the Hickory Hill Mall in Jackson, TN on Monday- (July/30/2012) To do the application in the store. I figure they have it that way because they only hire attractive people as floor models, and they need to see what you look like. I walked in, was greeted by the current floor model and asked him if they would have people needing to quit or cut their hours due to school starting that upcoming Friday. He was very nice to me and said, "Oh yeah!" He then called his manager, who introduced herself, led me to the kiosk, and asked for my name and number. I filled out the application and scheduled my interview for the next day, Tuesday (they only do interviews on Tues and Fri). I came in the next day 15 minutes early for the interview, conversed with a fellow applicant (who was applying for impact) and soon the manager, a guy, came to interview us. Another girl was there, and she was also applying for impact. I am naturally outgoing and confident/comfortable around other people so i did great in the interview if i do say so myself! So i waited anxiously for days for a call, staying confident i got it and Friday that same week, i got a call at 4:30 saying i was hired. Really simple interview. Just be natural!