Abercrombie & Fitch Floor Model Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

1.7

Floor Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Arcadia, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Easiest hiring process I have ever had. Went into the store during slow hours, applied at the kiosk in the back of the store and before leaving I chatted a bit with the manager. I received a call the following week for an interview on a Wednesday. Got to the interview, I walked around the store a bit while others showed up. Nobody else showed up, so it was a 2 on 1 interview because the other manager was training for interviews. Extremely easy interview, very laid back. They asked about what customer service meant to me, how I think I would fit into the Abercrombie style, very general questions. After 3 questions I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, they only pay minimum wage unless you are a manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Floor Model Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Farmington, CT) in September 2012.

Interview

The hiring process for me was really more of a scouting process, as someone approached me at school to work for the company. In need of a job, I said yes, and wound up in a group interview with a bunch of other potential employees and myself. It was more of an orientation than even an interview, as I guess they hire anyone.

Floor Model Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Toledo, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

You are brought to the food court for a group interview so that managers can find out a little more about yourself. If you were personally recruited by a manager there is a much better chance of being hired than someone who has applied at the store from the computer. It is basically an evaluation on if you will interact with customers the way that is expected from upper management. Also it is to judge on your looks and style so wear something that is newer (NO BLACK) A&F loves natural beauty and expects it form employees so girls don't wear a ton of make up and guys keep the hair products to a natural level. To be blunt if you are hot you're in.

Interview Questions

• If you could be one animal what would you be an why?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe our brand   1 Answer

Floor Model Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (San Antonio, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Hiring was relatively easy. It was a group interview and they asked how we would describe the brand, how others would describe us, and things like that. What they really look for in the interview is a somewhat attractive person who could pull off the clothes.

Interview Questions

• Why is the brand good for both the spring and the fall?   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2012.

Interview

I had a group interview of 5 people including me. Wasn't very difficult in comparison to other job positions in other companies. The first question was, "What diversity means to me?". Also, manager asked why do I want to work there and if I see myself successful in the company. She asked us to tell something about ourselves; what our style is like casual, classic or something else.

Negotiation

Manager said that she is going to call us in three days if we get an offer. In my case she didn't call me at all, but other manager called me like in two weeks. I didn't even expect to get hired. I accept the offer immediately because i needed a job.

Floor Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Jackson, TN) in July 2012.

Interview

I went to the Hickory Hill Mall in Jackson, TN on Monday- (July/30/2012) To do the application in the store. I figure they have it that way because they only hire attractive people as floor models, and they need to see what you look like. I walked in, was greeted by the current floor model and asked him if they would have people needing to quit or cut their hours due to school starting that upcoming Friday. He was very nice to me and said, "Oh yeah!" He then called his manager, who introduced herself, led me to the kiosk, and asked for my name and number. I filled out the application and scheduled my interview for the next day, Tuesday (they only do interviews on Tues and Fri). I came in the next day 15 minutes early for the interview, conversed with a fellow applicant (who was applying for impact) and soon the manager, a guy, came to interview us. Another girl was there, and she was also applying for impact. I am naturally outgoing and confident/comfortable around other people so i did great in the interview if i do say so myself! So i waited anxiously for days for a call, staying confident i got it and Friday that same week, i got a call at 4:30 saying i was hired. Really simple interview. Just be natural!

Floor Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

1 in person interview. normal questions to see if you are sane and fun to interact with.

I got hired on the spot pretty much, i mean the job is so easy a monkey could do it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.

Floor Model Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2012.

Interview

Group interviw. Asked about diversity, two other questions I can't remember

Floor Model Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Wichita, KS) in January 2012.

Interview

Was very easy. Talked to the manager with one other person for maybe 10 minutes. They didn't get back to me for weeks and weeks though so that was frustrating. All they really care about is if you look good and can talk to people.

Interview Questions

• If I had retail experience before, and how I saw myself fitting in there.   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Menlo Park, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

i filled out the application online and had an interview in the next few weeks. The interview was in the food court, and it was a group interview. It's laid back and it took two weeks to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• what does diversity mean to you? what would your friends and family describe you as?   Answer Question