Abercrombie & Fitch

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Impact

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – I was asked to come in for a group interview. Their were many questions about leadership, handling difficult tasks, and diversity. We talked about our strengths and how they can benefit the brand positively. After the interview I was told I was hired and that I would come in for paperwork and availability requests. I didn't start working until after my background check was completed which took about 2 weeks

Interview Question – There were not really difficult questions. But be prepared to have scenarios in mind of leadership roles, team task, and difficult situations. They want to know how you solve the problems   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – The interview was very casual and took place in a different area in the mall. We were asked questions about diversity, a situation where our work had to be 100 percent accurate, and things of that nature. it was the most low pressure interview I had ever been to before.

Interview Question – How would you describe diversity? Why is it important?   Answer Question

Impact

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Luckily I had a friend refer me to the manager, so I had an advantage when applying. The group interviews (yes, it is a group interview, unless you're the only one who applied at that time) are on Tuesdays and Fridays at 4:00pm. The interview is extremely casual; the manager will take you outside of the store and ask you simple interview questions. My interview was fairly short (about 10-15 minutes), as I was the only person interviewing. The interview is easy, just search some questions online and have a general idea of what you'll be saying, and you'll have no problems (note: the "diversity" question is almost ALWAYS asked). After the interview the manager told me she'd contact me within the week to tell me if I got the job. Came Tuesday (exactly 1 week later) and having not gotten a call yet I was sure I wasn't going to be hired...until the evening rolled around and sure enough I had received the call to be informed that I was hired! Don't be discouraged if a couple days, and even a week goes by and you haven't heard back. Managers are busy handling other things, and hiring new employees isn't exactly one of their highest priorities on their to-do-list.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you had to work...
a) efficiently under a time limit
b) cooperate and work as a team with others

Very Easy Interview

Spokane, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2009.

Interview Details – It is a group interview. They ask how you deal with diversity. Other than that question its the same sort of questions how would you describe your personality and what is a great achievement of yours.

Interview Question – How do you deal with diversity?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Arlington, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2013.

Interview Details – A&F always hiring for people that they can reach the store goals, i've applied on the store and i got the interview a week a later, i knew that im going to do well on it, they'll ask you about the diversity, why is it important for workplace, also u gotta read the policy when u apply, for me i shaved my facial hair, no percieng no rings no watches, make sure to dress stylish and try to dress something from the brand and u'll get it

Interview Question – why diversity is important for work place ?
give me a situation when u work with someone perfectly ?

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview is pretty laid back. There is really not too much pressure. The managers pick random people and ask questions about job experience, times when you had to do a little extra at work, etc. It's actually a fun interview as long as your willing to answer the questions and have fun with a big smile on your face.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to work with a group of one or more   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2012.

Interview Details – Online application first, then you are invited to a group interview. You begin by introducing yourself. Then the HR asks you usually 3 questions.

1- How would you describe A&F in 3 words?
2- How would your friends describe you in 3 words?
3- Fun fact about yourself.

Interview Question – 3- Fun fact about yourself.   Answer Question

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was approached in the store and applied online. The interview was easy and the store manager is very friendly. The manager took us to a corner in the mall so we can talk. The interview was about 20 to 30 min. And I got a call for offering the job the next day. Very fast and effective.

Interview Question – what is diversity? why it is important?
tell me one of your advantages and give an example to describe.
what do you think is a&f style

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – the interview is casual ,just be friendly and smiley

Interview Question – why are you good for this job?   Answer Question

Impact

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2011.

Interview Details – Came into the store one day and asked the manager if they were hiring. She said yes and recruited me right there. Filled out the application on the computer in the store and scheduled my interview a week later. It was a group interview with three other girls. We were interviewed by the manager who recruited me and just asked a few questions. A week later a received a call.

Interview Questions

• What is diversity and why is it important in the workplace?   View Answer
  • Tell me of a time when you had to have everything done quickly and perfectly.   Answer Question
  • (For Models) How would you describe the abercrombie style?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch Impact interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.