Abercrombie & Fitch Impact Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2014

1.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Impact Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Group interview. Pretty laid back, suprisingly only one other person was scheduled for that day. Also fyi if you are in group interview, TALK to the other people.
It shows you have communication skills and actually made me less nervous. Just harmles mild chit chat.
Waited about 25 minutes, male interviewer introduced himself and was very casual.
Asked each of us 3-4, major one being about diversity.
I actually enjoyed myself, waiting to see if I will get a call.
Fingers crossed.

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2014.

I applied online for the kids store and picked an interview date. I arrived 10 mins early and was told to stand in front of the store. Others started to arrive shortly as it's always a group interview. They made us wait like 20 mins... for no reason! Then after waiting we were told some other manager would interview us. (more waiting!) When she finally came she was very unprepared. She split us and into two groups, impact and models. When I got around to being interviewed she didn't even look up from the sheet of paper she was scribbling on, so I knew I was wasting my time.

Interview Questions
    • What is diversity, Describe a time you had to .meet a goal   Answer Question

Impact Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was asked to come in for a group interview. Their were many questions about leadership, handling difficult tasks, and diversity. We talked about our strengths and how they can benefit the brand positively. After the interview I was told I was hired and that I would come in for paperwork and availability requests. I didn't start working until after my background check was completed which took about 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • There were not really difficult questions. But be prepared to have scenarios in mind of leadership roles, team task, and difficult situations. They want to know how you solve the problems   View Answer
    No negotiation

Impact Interview

The interview was very casual and took place in a different area in the mall. We were asked questions about diversity, a situation where our work had to be 100 percent accurate, and things of that nature. it was the most low pressure interview I had ever been to before.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe diversity? Why is it important?   Answer Question

Impact Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Luckily I had a friend refer me to the manager, so I had an advantage when applying. The group interviews (yes, it is a group interview, unless you're the only one who applied at that time) are on Tuesdays and Fridays at 4:00pm. The interview is extremely casual; the manager will take you outside of the store and ask you simple interview questions. My interview was fairly short (about 10-15 minutes), as I was the only person interviewing. The interview is easy, just search some questions online and have a general idea of what you'll be saying, and you'll have no problems (note: the "diversity" question is almost ALWAYS asked). After the interview the manager told me she'd contact me within the week to tell me if I got the job. Came Tuesday (exactly 1 week later) and having not gotten a call yet I was sure I wasn't going to be hired...until the evening rolled around and sure enough I had received the call to be informed that I was hired! Don't be discouraged if a couple days, and even a week goes by and you haven't heard back. Managers are busy handling other things, and hiring new employees isn't exactly one of their highest priorities on their to-do-list.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to work...
      a) efficiently under a time limit
      b) cooperate and work as a team with others

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2013.

A&F always hiring for people that they can reach the store goals, i've applied on the store and i got the interview a week a later, i knew that im going to do well on it, they'll ask you about the diversity, why is it important for workplace, also u gotta read the policy when u apply, for me i shaved my facial hair, no percieng no rings no watches, make sure to dress stylish and try to dress something from the brand and u'll get it

Interview Questions
    • why diversity is important for work place ?
      give me a situation when u work with someone perfectly ?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2010.

Fill out electronic application in-store, standard application then was called for an interview a few days later. Interview process was also standard aside from a few specific questions about diversity. After the interview, I was hired within a week and started training within two weeks. Overall, it was a simple and easy application.

Minimum wage, non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2009.

The interview is pretty laid back. There is really not too much pressure. The managers pick random people and ask questions about job experience, times when you had to do a little extra at work, etc. It's actually a fun interview as long as your willing to answer the questions and have fun with a big smile on your face.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work with a group of one or more   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2009.

It is a group interview. They ask how you deal with diversity. Other than that question its the same sort of questions how would you describe your personality and what is a great achievement of yours.

Interview Questions
    There were no negotiations.

Impact Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2013.

I was approached in the store and applied online. The interview was easy and the store manager is very friendly. The manager took us to a corner in the mall so we can talk. The interview was about 20 to 30 min. And I got a call for offering the job the next day. Very fast and effective.

Interview Questions
    • what is diversity? why it is important?
      tell me one of your advantages and give an example to describe.
      what do you think is a&f style