Abercrombie & Fitch

Average Difficulty
65 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Impact Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – one group interview. asked questions about former jobs and team work. BUT if you have dreads, hair dyed a color that's not "natural", or in the military. you're already counted out.

Interview Question – are your nails natural? do you think you could wear our jeans?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. work week varied.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – You start off by applying and submitting your application via a computer on a wall in any store. A manager will contact you within 2 weeks to schedule a group interview. During the interview, there are about 5-10 people depending on the time slot. The manager will go around asking everyone questions. If you pass the interview, you will need to schedule a time to come into training. During training, you learn the basic rules and get a tour. They also give you a uniform and schedule your first shift.

Interview Question – questions were pretty basic. They just want to see your personality and if you have the abercrombie "look".   Answer Question

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – Submitted an application in-store electronically. Was called in for a group interview where they asked all three of us the same question at once. The questions were about diversity and why you'd be a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Santa Ana, CA

Interview Details – I had to go to the nearest A&F and ask for the password to apply online. It's a short process and you choose an interview date. When I got there, I checked in with the manager and he told the other applicants and me to follow him to the food court and gave us a group interview. After the interview, I received a call about a week later to come in and register myself.

Interview Question – The most challenging question was "What is Diversity and what does it mean to you?" Diversity is an extremely important factor to the company and you should give your own meaning for it. Try not to answer the same as the others.   Answer Question

Impact Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – I went into the store and told the people behind the cash register that I wanted to apply for an interview. They directed me to the kiosk where I filled in all my info. Make sure you have your SSN and records of past jobs on you (if you have any). At the end of the form, they ask you when you want to have your interview.

The questions at the interview were intended for group interviews but I was the only person there. My interviewer started out by introducing herself and talking about her experience with the company. Then she went into the questions. My interview felt a bit like a conversation. It was really nice and casual. During the interview, the best advice I can give is to just relax and be yourself. They want cool, friendly people.

I got a call a week after the interview.

Interview Question – Name a situation that showed that you are reliable.
Name a time when you had to work under pressure.
  Answer Question

San Marcos, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was a group interview at Starbucks down the street (typical, right?). The people I was interviewing with didn't really know how to answer questions professionally and a lot of people went with "Yeah, what she said," after I gave my answer. We all got hired.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me it was at minimum wage pay. This was my first job so I was happy with that.

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Group interview, only a few questions. Very easy, I get the feeling they wanted a lot of workers and they seemed to hire all the people in the group. I came dressed slightly "preppy," as advised by the internet, but honestly the interviewer did not seem at all to care what I was wearing under my coat (it was very cold out).

Interview Question – "What does diversity mean to you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Rowland Heights, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2010.

Interview Details – Group interview, asking everything about the company and work related experiences you have faced.

Interview Question – How would you describe the culture?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As a summer job, it starts at $8 an hour and there is no negotiation

Impact Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2011.

Interview Details – Apply in-store and choose group interview dates. Questions are easy, asking about personal examples of your successes/failures and opinion(s) of diversity. Think of a detailed story of where you accomplished something and had to work for it, no matter how serious or menial. The job tasks are simple. Let the interviewer know you can handle stock maintenance (operations, associate SKU numbers to items, and can comprehend multiple fold styles..and you're in.

Interview Question – What is your opinion on diversity?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – manager: want to come in and fill out the paperwork on our computers?
me: ok when?
manager: whenever man, I'm here all week!

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2013.

Interview Details – You're just asked about 5 - 7 questions about your thoughts on Diversity, Professionalism, Work Ethic and Personality. They're basically looking for people with an open mind and an outgoing, friendly personality who has passion for the brand

Interview Question – When were you ever given a task that you had to perform quickly, calmly and well organised.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really one , i was offered the part time job so I took it.

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!