Abercrombie & Fitch

Getting the Interview

62 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – Submitted an application in-store electronically. Was called in for a group interview where they asked all three of us the same question at once. The questions were about diversity and why you'd be a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Santa Ana, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – I had to go to the nearest A&F and ask for the password to apply online. It's a short process and you choose an interview date. When I got there, I checked in with the manager and he told the other applicants and me to follow him to the food court and gave us a group interview. After the interview, I received a call about a week later to come in and register myself.

Interview Question – The most challenging question was "What is Diversity and what does it mean to you?" Diversity is an extremely important factor to the company and you should give your own meaning for it. Try not to answer the same as the others.   Answer Question

Impact Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – I went into the store and told the people behind the cash register that I wanted to apply for an interview. They directed me to the kiosk where I filled in all my info. Make sure you have your SSN and records of past jobs on you (if you have any). At the end of the form, they ask you when you want to have your interview.

The questions at the interview were intended for group interviews but I was the only person there. My interviewer started out by introducing herself and talking about her experience with the company. Then she went into the questions. My interview felt a bit like a conversation. It was really nice and casual. During the interview, the best advice I can give is to just relax and be yourself. They want cool, friendly people.

I got a call a week after the interview.

Interview Question – Name a situation that showed that you are reliable.
Name a time when you had to work under pressure.
  Answer Question

San Marcos, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was a group interview at Starbucks down the street (typical, right?). The people I was interviewing with didn't really know how to answer questions professionally and a lot of people went with "Yeah, what she said," after I gave my answer. We all got hired.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me it was at minimum wage pay. This was my first job so I was happy with that.

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Group interview, only a few questions. Very easy, I get the feeling they wanted a lot of workers and they seemed to hire all the people in the group. I came dressed slightly "preppy," as advised by the internet, but honestly the interviewer did not seem at all to care what I was wearing under my coat (it was very cold out).

Interview Question – "What does diversity mean to you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Rowland Heights, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2010.

Interview Details – Group interview, asking everything about the company and work related experiences you have faced.

Interview Question – How would you describe the culture?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As a summer job, it starts at $8 an hour and there is no negotiation

Impact Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2011.

Interview Details – Apply in-store and choose group interview dates. Questions are easy, asking about personal examples of your successes/failures and opinion(s) of diversity. Think of a detailed story of where you accomplished something and had to work for it, no matter how serious or menial. The job tasks are simple. Let the interviewer know you can handle stock maintenance (operations, associate SKU numbers to items, and can comprehend multiple fold styles..and you're in.

Interview Question – What is your opinion on diversity?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – manager: want to come in and fill out the paperwork on our computers?
me: ok when?
manager: whenever man, I'm here all week!

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2013.

Interview Details – You're just asked about 5 - 7 questions about your thoughts on Diversity, Professionalism, Work Ethic and Personality. They're basically looking for people with an open mind and an outgoing, friendly personality who has passion for the brand

Interview Question – When were you ever given a task that you had to perform quickly, calmly and well organised.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really one , i was offered the part time job so I took it.

Fresno, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2013.

Interview Details – I first went into the store and my friend who worked there told me the manager wanted to speak to me. I filled an application online and took an interview in person. The interview was pretty straight forward. There was supposed to be multiple people for a group interview but I was the only one that showed up. Abercrombie hires off looks, so just be yourself and answer truthfully and you will be fine.

Interview Question – What is diversity to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate. This is a minimum wage job.

Paramus, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2012.

Interview Details – It's a group interview. So they ask questions randmoly. HINT: They look at who's got the look and who sounds the most easy going. SO... dress in a plaid shirt if you're a dude, white lace top if you're a girl, jeans, and some clean shoes. AND SOUND CONFIDENT AND COOL. As dumb as it sounds that's how they hire. They hire not only who's qualified but who looks and sounds like they'd work with their employees and their customers the best. Oh, and if you're a dude, SHAVE. They need clean.

Interview Question – Not the most difficult but: What does team work mean to you? (or something like that)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered it to me on the phone like a day after I interviewed.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch Impact Team Member interview questions and advice. All 62 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.