Abercrombie & Fitch

Updated Feb 15, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2012.

I went in the store and filled out an application and picked a day to have an open interview. The interview was a couple days later, at the interview there were two managers interviewing & one other person applying for the job. The job asked basic easy questions on the interview, and about a hr after the interview they called and offered me the job & I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2012.

It was a group interview at Starbucks down the street (typical, right?). The people I was interviewing with didn't really know how to answer questions professionally and a lot of people went with "Yeah, what she said," after I gave my answer. We all got hired.

Interview Questions
    They told me it was at minimum wage pay. This was my first job so I was happy with that.

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2011.

Applied inside the store, and a team member came up to me and said they were having open interviews on these days. So I went back on the day of the interview (Tuesday) and was told there weren't enough managers on duty for the day, and then was asked to come back Thursday (2 days later). I waited at the "lounge" for about 20 minutes and the interview took about 20 minutes. Both managers that were on duty at the time were only about 20-25 years old, and seemed just as nervous as I was.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you worked well with another co-worker?   View Answer
    • What is your definition of diversity?   Answer Question
    • How important is diversity in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you completed a task over and above the expectations of your supervisor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2011.

In order to apply for Abercrombie&Fitch Impact team member you must go to one of the stores and fill out the application. If you fit the "look" a manager might approach you and invite you to fill out an application. If thats the case your chances of getting the job is certain. After filling out the application the computer will give you the chance to pick out the date and time that best works for you to get interviewed. On interview day is best to wear Abercrombie apparel. It is best if you have no piercings on, no facial hair, and a clean cut haircut not over styled with product. When you get to the store on interview day you will be asked to wait a few seconds while other interviewees arrive (its a group interview). When everyone is there the manager will ask you to follow him/her to a quiet section of the mall. The manager will then do some basic Q and A. After the interview is over if you get the job you should get a call within one to two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not really difficult and or unexpected. Typical interview questions regarding of what you would do in a certain position. Also asked questions such as: when you showed a certain skill/trait in your previous job or school.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiable phase. Set base pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2011.

Meet with a manager who asks about diversity, opinions on Abercrombie, describe Abercrombie in 3 words and a few other questions, then if they hire you they should call within a week

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2011.

The interviews are held every tues and fri at 4. Wearing something that is brand positive is the best advice. Be outgoing but also be genuine. There are usually only three questions to answer. It's a group interview

Interview Questions
    There was nothing to negotiate.

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2011.

Apply in-store and choose group interview dates. Questions are easy, asking about personal examples of your successes/failures and opinion(s) of diversity. Think of a detailed story of where you accomplished something and had to work for it, no matter how serious or menial. The job tasks are simple. Let the interviewer know you can handle stock maintenance (operations, associate SKU numbers to items, and can comprehend multiple fold styles..and you're in.

Interview Questions
    manager: want to come in and fill out the paperwork on our computers?
    me: ok when?
    manager: whenever man, I'm here all week!

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2011.

My local mall has been doing open interviews for months so I decided to give it a try. They had open interviews on Tuesdays and Fridays at 4PM so I went on a Friday. There was only me and one guy getting interviewed for an Impact position, the rest were going for a model position. The interview lasted for about half an hour. The most important question was their question on diversity, so make sure you give a good explanation on the importance of diversity. I noticed that the people working there were very attractive so that discouraged my hopes of getting a job there. After the interview, I wrote them a thank-you note and sent it to them the next day. I've been waiting for weeks for a call from them but I never got one. What's weird is that they've been doing interviews for a long time now. I don't understand why they've been hiring for almost four months now.

Interview Questions
    • When was there a time when you had to accomplish a task with little time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2011.

The application process was very easy and you get to pick the day you want the interview. My interview experience was horrible. At the end I just knew I wouldn't get it. It was a foreboding feeling. During the interview the interviewer seemed fixated on only one person. Even if you gave a good answer she'd give a smug smile. She wasn't really enthusiastic and seemed like she had an issue with certain people. I'll try again but hopefully I get different person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2011.

Group interview. Manager would take group out to a part of the mall and ask a question and go around the circle to wait for answers. About 4 questions were asked.