Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
1,076 Interview Reviews

2.0

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

You either apple in-store or online. You get to choose the date of your interview. I don't think you get a reminder, so once you pick the date and time, make sure you put it in your calendar or something. The interview is really easy. They always do group interviews but if you're lucky, you might be the only one to sign up for the date and time you chose. They ask about 3 questions that are really easy to answer. Make sure you know about diversity. Also after your interview, do NOT call and follow up. If you don't get a call back within a week, you most likely did not get the job. As for attire, you don't have to dress up in slacks. It would be better if you wore the brand. If you don't know how to look the part, go on the website.

Interview Questions
    • Why is the inclusion of other cultures and backgrounds (diversity) important at home or in the workplace?   View Answer

Merchandising Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I first talked to recruiters at a campus career fair. I was then invited to a coffee chat with a recruiter, where we just had a casual conversation for about half an hour. Next was an in-person interview and assessment. The next round I was flown out to their headquarters in Columbus, Ohio, where I was shown around for two days. There were interviews throughout the process, including a case and another assessment. The other employees were around for a lot of the process for tours and networking.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

- 45 min campus interview consisting of a Wonderlic test and standard interview afterwards
    - 30 min skype interview
    - 2 day Super-Day. Tours of Columbus/home office on first day, interviews on second day (4 behavioral, 1 "case")

General Notes:
    I interviewed for the Leadership Development Program Finance Internship.
    The interviews are straightforward and behavioral. I was able to get through the process by knowing my resume well and having entertaining anecdotes about past experiences that could demonstrate (in different ways) why I would be good for the position.
    There's really nothing you can do to prepare for the "technical" portions of the interviews, besides review of very basic statistics and math.
    All of the people I met from A&F were very good looking, helpful, and passionate about the company.
    I had a very positive interview experience and I recommend that people go into the process with an open mind.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose to attend your university?
      What is the most interesting class that you have taken?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Why A&F?
      Why finance?
      Talk about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.
      Talk about a time when you has to compromise.
      Talk about a time when you worked on a team.
      Talk about a time when you failed.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The interview was very quick and easy. Managers were all super friendly and took the time to talk to each individual. It was a group interview so several people were there.

Store Designer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Typical interview questions and process. My skype interview was very comfortable and casual and the HR contact was very polite and nice. Total duration was about 45 minutes. I was also able to ask all of the questions I had prepared ahead of time.

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Super laid back and easy questions. It was a group interview with 2-5 people depending. They just ask you questions like, "how would others describe you?" "What is diversity?" Dress like you already work there, or something similar -it's very casual, you'd be wearing flip flops and jeans to work daily. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Floor Model Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

My friend referred me, so I went in stores, got recurited by one of the managers, she asked if I can do an interview right now, I said yes, so I did an interview with the other manager (it was me and this guy that I so happen to know, so it wasn't awkward) she asked simple questions, then she said if we got the job she'll call in a week, she called me the next day!

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2015.

Started after I gave my resume to a recruiter during a career fair. I was first contacted by email the day after to set up a time for an interview but didn't get a response. The I was contacted by phone about a week later to set up an in person interview

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions: experiences working as a team, making decisions within that team, etc
      A good chuck of the interview was about explaining the position itself

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2015.

It was brief and casual. I went into a store and asked to speak to the store manager for job application. She gave me a tablet PC to fill in the application then and there. I filled it in and signed up for the group interview which is held on every Tuesday and Friday at 4pm. I went in on the next day (Tuesday) and did the interview. It lasted about 25min and it was very casual and conversational. I got the offer on Friday night.

Interview Questions
    • Q: Describe your personality
      Q: What does diversity mean to you and why is it important?
      Q: Your recent hardship and how you overcame it
      Q: Describe Abercrombie & Fitch style

Impact Team Member/Sales Associate Interview

They interview me with another applicant and asked us questions about diversity and past experiences. Questions may vary- my friend also had an interview but the questions they asked her were different.