Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions

1,100 Interview Reviews

2.0

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

It was an Easy one-on-one talk with the manager of the store. He asked me about 5 questions, then told me I had the job and when could I start. I would recommend wearing Abercrombie to the interview, as well as having natural hair and makeup as this is how they have their floor models dress.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH).

Interview

First interview - recorded. Awkward. Very basic questions. They're basically screening you to see if you're attractive enough and communicate properly.
    Second interview - Talked with a merchandising planner and HR rep. Behavioral questions
    Third interview - Flew me out to Columbus. Had interviews with HR rep, leader in merchandising planning, and another recorded interview. Took two tests-- one IQ and the other case study. Also had to present case study to a panel.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to make a decision with very little information.   Answer Question

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

You either apple in-store or online. You get to choose the date of your interview. I don't think you get a reminder, so once you pick the date and time, make sure you put it in your calendar or something. The interview is really easy. They always do group interviews but if you're lucky, you might be the only one to sign up for the date and time you chose. They ask about 3 questions that are really easy to answer. Make sure you know about diversity. Also after your interview, do NOT call and follow up. If you don't get a call back within a week, you most likely did not get the job. As for attire, you don't have to dress up in slacks. It would be better if you wore the brand. If you don't know how to look the part, go on the website.

Interview Questions

• Why is the inclusion of other cultures and backgrounds (diversity) important at home or in the workplace?   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I first talked to recruiters at a campus career fair. I was then invited to a coffee chat with a recruiter, where we just had a casual conversation for about half an hour. Next was an in-person interview and assessment. The next round I was flown out to their headquarters in Columbus, Ohio, where I was shown around for two days. There were interviews throughout the process, including a case and another assessment. The other employees were around for a lot of the process for tours and networking.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

The manager took me and one other person into a private place and asked us questions we both answered on the spot. The interview is based mostly on how you dress and look and how easy you are to talk to. The position is for a model, and they look for basic faces (minimal makeup, put together hair) and that your wearing either gray, dark blue, or white

Interview Questions

• What do you notice about Hollister style   1 Answer
    • What do you do for fun?   1 Answer

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

The interview was very quick and easy. Managers were all super friendly and took the time to talk to each individual. It was a group interview so several people were there.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH).

Interview

- 45 min campus interview consisting of a Wonderlic test and standard interview afterwards
    - 30 min skype interview
    - 2 day Super-Day. Tours of Columbus/home office on first day, interviews on second day (4 behavioral, 1 "case")

General Notes:
    I interviewed for the Leadership Development Program Finance Internship.
    The interviews are straightforward and behavioral. I was able to get through the process by knowing my resume well and having entertaining anecdotes about past experiences that could demonstrate (in different ways) why I would be good for the position.
    There's really nothing you can do to prepare for the "technical" portions of the interviews, besides review of very basic statistics and math.
    All of the people I met from A&F were very good looking, helpful, and passionate about the company.
    I had a very positive interview experience and I recommend that people go into the process with an open mind.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to attend your university?
      What is the most interesting class that you have taken?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Why A&F?
      Why finance?
      Talk about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.
      Talk about a time when you has to compromise.
      Talk about a time when you worked on a team.
      Talk about a time when you failed.

Answer Question

Store Designer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Typical interview questions and process. My skype interview was very comfortable and casual and the HR contact was very polite and nice. Total duration was about 45 minutes. I was also able to ask all of the questions I had prepared ahead of time.

Impact Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Super laid back and easy questions. It was a group interview with 2-5 people depending. They just ask you questions like, "how would others describe you?" "What is diversity?" Dress like you already work there, or something similar -it's very casual, you'd be wearing flip flops and jeans to work daily. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Floor Model Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

My friend referred me, so I went in stores, got recurited by one of the managers, she asked if I can do an interview right now, I said yes, so I did an interview with the other manager (it was me and this guy that I so happen to know, so it wasn't awkward) she asked simple questions, then she said if we got the job she'll call in a week, she called me the next day!