Abercrombie & Fitch

2.0

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview process was straight forward .They asked questions like why are you a great candidate , what does diversity mean in a workplace , do you know how to be a team player and so forth . Most ambercrombie & fitch recruiter are arrogant and really don't seem to care really . Fake it until you make it

Location was too far from school

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was about to graduate college and had been recruited by a friend. I agreed to an interview, it was all set up through texting my friend who was a store manager at the time. I was scheduled to meet with the District Manager and was told to wear casual clothes similar to what A&F sells (do not go to an interview for this company in business attire). I wore minimal makeup but the DM commented on my makeup when we were talking about the look policy during the interview. The interview was pretty casual, we sat on a bench in the middle of the mall and was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • "tell me about a time when you had to encourage to do something when they didn't think they could accomplish it"   Answer Question
    They send an email with the offer, location/brand you'll be in, and salary

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I had a Skype interview first then an in store interview. Took about a month total. Simple questions about yourself, looked to see if you represented the brand, described salary and benefits

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

They give you a card with the website name on top of it. The interviews are very casual. for example:
    What do you think the style of clothing is?
    etc

Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Asked if I wanted to work there. Interview in 2 days hired on the spot really easy interview! Dress in the style of A&F. Flannel sandals minimal make up for girls

No negotiation

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

One on one interview with the district manager. The interview is typically conducted at a cafeteria. Pretty casual and friendly environment. They usually contact you within two weeks of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your accomplishments.
      Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I had heard about the MIT program from my school's website so I went in store and applied. The store manager was there and she was very friendly and assisted me with the application. Since I had not yet graduated she informed me to come back when I graduated, and the process will start.

I came back 28 days later, after my graduation, informed her that I had graduated and she told me that her District Manager (DM) would be in Tuesday and too come back then (It was Saturday when I went in). Following her orders, I came back 10 minutes before the scheduled time, only to find that the DM was busy, but could meet with me Tomorrow. So I came back the next day, dressed well and formal casual, only to find that the DM was not there, and too come back again Saturday. I go back again on Saturday and finally had time to get an interview.

The interview was very laid back, asking basic questions like; Leadership examples, Problems with Co-Workers, how did you handle deadlines, etc. The interview went very well, I felt as if I had "Aced" it. The DM told me that I would get a call on Monday about the next step. Currently, it is Tuesday evening and still no response.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with difficult employees, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Store Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Have a rough idea of what makes you a good candidate to work in the store. If you were recruited by an employee, you basically have to string together a few coherent sentences. It's a very easy interview, three questions. Just be confident. It's not a good idea to end your answers with a question mark. Be sure of what you're saying and have conviction. If you're good with common sense, you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe the brand? What is your personal style? What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Straight forward interview (scripted) dealing with background and past job experiences. Primarily examples of when I was in a leadership or management position in the past and how well I performed. Attire was casual...pretty much anything from the store, I was told to wear jeans and a t-shirt with converse if I had them. The interview was with the district manager, I had expected to work at a more convenient location than I was assigned and somewhat misled. I was fully expecting to work in the location that I was recruited, where the application was submitted, and where the interview took place. When I was offered the position, I requested a day to think it over, and the next day I accepted....only to find out they expected me to work in a location about 20 minutes farther away.

Interview Questions
    • Give examples of when you were expected to manage a large group and how well you performed   Answer Question
    Not much room to negotiate. I was offered a salary of $31,000.00/yr but in reality it was only $14.90/hr (relatively easy to get a few hours of over time though). I highly recommend requesting a written offer with the salary and benefits completely written out and documented before signing any contract.

CAD/Print and Pattern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

My first interview was on campus and fairly simple. It was mostly just a nice talk with The represetative. My second interview was over Skype and it was really fun and engaging. I really enjoyed talking with the interviewers. Very relaxed. It took about 4 weeks to hear back after my second interview possibly because the holiday followed by interviews.

Interview Questions

It was a great interview but I didn't feel right accepting it. I'm still looking