Abercrombie & Fitch

843 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Model Interview

Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied in store and had an interview the same day. It was a one on one interview with the manager. He talked about the dress code there look is natural. No nail polish, no unnatural hair color, you don't have to wear the clothes but they must be similar to what's in the store, for shoes you can wear flip flops , converse or chuck taylors.

Interview Question – What is diversity to you and is it important in the work place? How would your friends and family describe you? How would you describe Abercrombie?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, didn't discuss pay during interview.

Sales Associate Floor Model Interview

Nashua, NH

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2010.

Interview Details – They are a good work force but have low morals and are shallow. They hire based on looks and work skill. They without a doubt ask questions pertaining to your life and sports and being multicultural. I had fun when I worked there it was a little pricey to buy uniforms but I loved what options I had.

Interview Question – I think most people would find what does it mean to you to be multicultural. I am okay with it because I am part of a mixed race family. But leave your mind open to all the possibilities that multicultural continence careers can hold.   View Answer

Leadership Development Program - Merchandising Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – I interviewed as part of a campus recruiting process. Dropped my resume on my school's career site, was selected with 5(?) other seniors to interview.
Two days before the interview, we get an email inviting us to a pre-party- a networking/presentation/Q&A/case giving out hybrid event on the next night. I thought this was a bit inconsiderate- students' schedules fill up so quickly, how could we possibly all be able to come that night (work shifts, classes, practices, etc. exist too). Most of us ended up working around it.
We met the recruiters (who I honestly couldn't tell from my fellow students at first since everyone was supposed to dress Abercrombie casual), watched a presentation, and were given a project to complete by the interview the next day.
Before the interview, I took a career aptitude test and then had a one-on-one with the lead recruiter. The questions were as expected - tell me about yourself, leadership, something you overcame, etc.
Heard back about a month later via a generic email.

Interview Question – What's something that you couldn't overcome?   Answer Question

Modeling Position Interview

Roswell, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was easy. It was a group interview. They asked typical questions like, "How would you describe yourself?" , "What does diversity mean to you?", and "How are the clothes at Abercrombie different than the clothes at other stores?".

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Merchandising Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – I went to a career fair at my university and gave them my resume. They emailed me encouraging me to apply online for an on campus interview. I got the interview. The night before the interview they had a reception at a local restaurant where they answered questions and gave everyone a project to do before their interview. The next day when I went to my interview I took a short assessment and then went through two different 30min interviews with one person who actually worked in merchandising and the other with the recruiter.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you received negative feedback?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Merchandising Interview

New Albany, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2014.

Interview Details – on campus interview at college career center where we took the Wonderlich test and had 2 interviews. Flown to Ohio for campus visit. Multiple group activities, interviews with people of varying positions in the company. The whole process is very laid back, but it seemed as though the recruiters were obviously targeting some people while ignoring others, in both professional and unprofessional ways. Must fit in with the culture or else you will hate it.

Interview Question – all pretty standard   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – Everyone who interviewed dressed in abercrombie clothing, so you are allowed to wear jeans, flip flops and the tops were typically the "abercrombie color" (dark blue and white). It was a group interview and the questions were pretty basic. They are big on diversity

Interview Question – What is your definition on diversity?   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – Submitted an application in-store electronically. Was called in for a group interview where they asked all three of us the same question at once. The questions were about diversity and why you'd be a good fit for the company.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2011.

Interview Details – Initially speak with a store manager, typically doing a meet and greet, you are then passed on to the district manager for an in person interview. The interview was about an hour long process. It is very easy going and comfortable in comparison to other interviews. They want to see your sense of style and like seeing you in current Abercrombie trends.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, all of them are asking you about "times when you..." and getting to know you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Model Interview

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process is pretty easy. Group interviews and they ask basic interview questions "strengths/weaknesses" etc.

Interview Question – What is your definition of diversity?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch interview questions and advice. All 843 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.