Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015
1,167 Interview Reviews

2.0

Impact Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Applied online and got a interview the following week. The interview was a group interview. Myself and maybe 6 other people including the manager. She asked questions and we took turns answering them. Then I got a call a few days later with a job offer.

The interview was very laid back. No need to wear business casual there. Just throw on a clean white t shirt, jeans and flip flops and you will be fine. Also for girls keep makeup very natural looking. Some foundation, mascara and nude lipstick or gloss will do.

MIT ( Manager In Training ) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Very easy, come in laid back clothing ( something that is the brand of fits the brand) basic management skills such as time management and how you provide feedback to people and how you inspire people.

Interview Questions

• How do you inspire people that work for you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a Pay is non negotiable

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Very casual meeting, took place outside of the store by some tables. The DM (district manager) asked me a ton of questions about examples of me resolving conflict in the past as well as situational workplace scenarios in which i took some form of leadership.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work some nights and most holidays?   Answer Question

Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with a phone and went to an in person. Everyone was very nice and seemed like a great company. I am excited for my first job and hopefully will get an offer

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

they asked you about your work experience, what you liked to do for fun, why abercrombie, explain the types of clothing that abercrombie sells

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was easy

Full Time Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I appled online and I was suppose to call them to set up an interview. Ask the typical behavior questions mentioned here. It was about 6 questions in total. I walked in for the first interview and I am still waiting to be see if I got a second interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask a beginner just take what they offer and then negotiate for a higher position.

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed inside the mall in a public place with one other person. An assistant manager and a manager interviewed us. It was casual and fun because they were relaxed and friendly. The person I was interviewed with had a similar personality to mine so we built off each other's answers and supported each other. We both got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Initially recruited a year ago in another state for the position but was unable to attend the interview as it was bad timing. Applied online and called the store to set up an interview. Was told by the store manager that we would do a meet & greet first. Went into the store the following day for the meet & greet. Met with the sm and answered a few general questions about my previous work history. I informed the sm that I had worked for all of the brands (gilly, Hollister, & ab) before whilst in college. The next step would be the interview with the dm which was scheduled later that day for the following Monday. The sm also had me to come in and take a look at the "look book" to get an idea of what to wear for the interview. Monday came and I met with the dm in a sitting area inside the mall. She asked me no interview questions other than what interested me in the position and to tell her a little about myself. She spent most of the time explaining the position, training and its benefits. I asked a few questions about the growth potential. And she then begin asking if I were to move forward when could I start I informed her as soon as the next week. She asked me my location preferences (which I really didn't have any) and told me that the next steps were for her to take my location preferences into consideration to see where she could put me. Also informed me that she did most of her communication via email so to expect an email from her which would contain which store/location start date etc. told me to scroll all the way to the bottom of the email to be able to see the information. And that the process takes about 2 weeks but she would try to get back with menu the end of the week. And that was it. 15 min convo. At that point I really felt like I had it. I've worked for them before. Had a degree and definitely fit their look criteria as I've been recruited several times before and was always submitted to castings back when I was a store model. Anyway I spent over a week patiently waiting for the supposed offer letter only to get a phony rejection email a week and half later. Which is ok because the pay is crappy for a mgment position. I made more at my last job which was non-mgment with less responsibilities and I probably would've quit as soon as I found a job in my field. The biggest problem I had with this whole ordeal is how I was made to feel as if I got the job so I spent the whole time waiting to know when I started when I could've been looking elsewhere for a position. If someone doesn't have it let them know in a couple days not almost 2 weeks later. And it couldn't have been a bad bg check (if they even do those) because I've worked for a Fortune 500 company before that does extensive background checks and passed with flying colors. I don't know what the deal was.

Model/Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Cherry Hill, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and chose a date to come in for a group interview. Apparently since I showed up early and was the only one that showed up so far that day, one of the guys working there interviewed me in the store and couldn't take me outside since there were no managers in the store. While the guy got the paper work for the interview I started talking to the other people that worked there and she was really sweet and friendly. You just want to seem like you can get along with all types of people.
    Also the interview consisted of like three questions and he offered me the job right away. I asked him that I might be going away in the fall for college and if I could transfer to a store there and he said yeah they would transfer you if you want to continue working.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends and family describe you?   1 Answer
    • Why is diversity important at work?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Abercrombie?   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Brea, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Overall the interview was very lax and good. I came into the store 5 minutes earlier than the actual time and walked into the store telling them that I was here for an interview. She got the manager and the manager told me to wait 5 minutes because they were pretty busy. I didn't mind cause i was a little early anyways. After 10 minutes she asked me to sign in and I did. Afterwards she took me to the near front of the store because that was the most quiet and began my interview. I would say it was pretty chill and not awkward because she happened to graduate from UCR and I was attending UCR this fall so we talked a little bit about that and majors. At first she introduced herself and she told me to tell her a little about myself. Then she asked questions. She asked me only 3 questions. Basically, why is inclusion important in a workplace, give me a specific time when you had to show leadership i think.. or something along the lines of that and the other one i forgot. I was surprised it wasn't questions I've seen here like how would your friends/family describe you or why is diversity important. It took 10-15 minutes it was very quick. Oh btw i was the only one there so it was one on one.
    Disclaimer: I didn't get an offer yet she said usually it takes a week to process and stuff so she said if i don't get a call within a week than they didn't have a position for me.