Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015
1,263 Interview Reviews

2.0

MIT Interview

Interview

Quick, very conversational. it was nothing that needed preparation and the culture of the company is very laid back. My interview was over in about twenty minutes, its very similar to the brand rep. interview just longer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years   1 Answer

Managernin Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Met at Chicago's Water Tower to bring my résumé in person, she saw me to be a great fit was brought in the following week to meet with the current DM. I expressed that this was my 4th interview due to their quick turn around of DM's I would have to begin my application process all over. The interview was casual laid back came very natural to me, he was very pleased with my recent contributions, and as a professional and invited me to interview at Fox Valley location because MIT's we're need there. Again interviewed with that Store Manager was very conversational than question and answer, he too said I'd be a great candidate, but he had to contact his DM (a different person). He told me in person that he'd love to have me on my team just had to contact his boss. Due to being a recent Assistant Manager I understand similar workload that's expected so I waited the following week to follow up with him. I never received a call back. Due to it being my 4th attempt with A&F, being highly qualified and fitting to the company's culture I just came to the conclusion that it's not meant for me to be an employee within this particular company no matter how impressed they were. An old Collegue and friend of mine is currently a store manager in Indiana and I told her about my many attempts and she was shocked so she offered a friend of hers in a north Chicagoland store to interview me as well, after I told her Tom said I was a great fit. Obviously I wasn't good enough to be called back. :-/ so I moved forward with other opportunities. Didn't receive a letter in the mail as I did in the past that they've decided to pursue other applicants either. In the past when the person I interviewed with left the company or was promoted I'd have to begin the process all over. I was certain that I was in especially after not receiving their infamous rejection letter. This was April 2015 it is now August 2015.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions have SOAR stories ready and detailed. Articulate who you are and your work ethic clearly! Study the culture but if you're a regular shopper like me of A&F then I guess you're fine.   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was a group interview, and i was there with about three other applicants. try to answer the questions first because the questions are kind of simple so everyone ends up saying the same thing. Pretty much just dress nice and smile a lot and youll probably be hired. It's a really boring job though probably so i ended up not accepting the offer, how is this not 50 words yet? wtf seriously? maybe if i keep posting it will finally

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

They usually are in a group interview but at the time I scheduled the interview, I just met with the manager and assistant manager. Very chill and informal. Do your research on their website and you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• What is diversity and what does it mean for you (or a business)?   Answer Question

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I applied online after speaking with the manager in the store, and scheduled an interview the next week. The interview took place at a lounge area right outside the store, there were about 4 questions asking about the company and your personality. The interview lasted no more than 15 minutes. The important thing is to be confident, show that you have an outgoing personality, and dress in A&F clothing. I was hired on the spot at the end of the interview.

Brand Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day from the store manager asking me to come in for an interview. It was an individual interview and the manager was very friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a set salary, no room for negotiation.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Basically I was the only one being interviewed so I came dressed in abercrombie looking clothes and I got asked questions while i was in the store. Also wear minimum makeup and try to look as natural as possible. None of the clothes i wore were actually abercombie but the interviewer wore an almost identical high waisted black jean pair. they also told me theyd tell me when id get hired and that i did.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you?   1 Answer

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Submitted my resume online through A&F careers, 6 days later got a telephone call and set an appointment with the store manager for a 30 minute interview, got a call the same day and got an interview with the district manager 2 days later, had a 1 hour interview, got a call 4 day later and got the job.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about diversity, previous work experience and leadership roles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation standard pay for all MITs

Impact Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Erie, PA).

Interview

It was a group interview in the food court or in the store depending on how busy it was. It was a very relaxed interview. Just to see if you are socially "normal". Don't need to wear all Abercrombie or Hollister clothes. If you are good looking they will be able to tell, not that it really matters. Trying to hard and dressing up doesn't help.

Model Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

It was a group interview held with one of the managers of the store. A question would be asked and everyone was required to answer the question. The questions were mainly about yourself and what you know and think about diversity. Overall, it was really simple.

Interview Questions

• What three words would your friends use to describe you?   Answer Question