Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
947 interviews

2.0

Assistant Manager Interview

I APPLIED ONLINE AND HAD INTERVIEW AT A&F. they took me outside the store and we sat on the sofa. and we had chat about different stuff like educational background and then she started asking questions like what i will do if i have certain situations related to customers and people around,

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mentor, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2010.

Really open and friendly. Group interview turned one-on-one. Offered in great detail the rundown of the job, what was expected, dress etiquette and brand identity. Paperwork was easy. People are great.

Interview Questions
    • If you see a customer having a difficult time (trying on clothes, choosing an outfit) what would you do?   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eastpointe On The Mall, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eastpointe On The Mall, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Basically asking about your personality, prior experiences, leadership. They want to know that you are energetic, classy, have sense of style, ready to work hard. Make sure you wear make up and wear something from Abercrombie and Fitch. The most important is your looks.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult customer service situation and how did you resolve it   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the whole process took a month

Store Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2013.

Pretty simple and straight forward - it was a group interview with other potential impacts and models for a position at a flagship. They asked me an interesting fact about myself, what I knew about AF, what my friends would describe me as, what diversity was, what would make me successful at Abercrombie and etc.

Interview Questions
    • What would make you successful at Abercrombie?   View Answer

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2012.

The hiring process for me was really more of a scouting process, as someone approached me at school to work for the company. In need of a job, I said yes, and wound up in a group interview with a bunch of other potential employees and myself. It was more of an orientation than even an interview, as I guess they hire anyone.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Group interview asking basic questions, very hard to not get the job. Interview is super casual you can pretty much wear whatever you want as long as you dress in something that looks like or is abercrombie. Only one interview and the process is not very long either

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Pretty basic interview. Group setting where they ask 3-5 questions, including one about diversity since they got sued for discrimination a few years back. Was recruited in store (this is where they do A LOT of their recruiting) and submitted an app at the kiosk in the store. Heard back exactly a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are fairly straight forward. Just know a bit about the image that they are trying to sell (ie. classic New England prepster)   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Simple, there was a group interview where we were all asked pretty standard questions that didnt really challenge anyone too much. All of us were hired probably because the store was really desperate for workers.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The interview was a standard interview but it took me to follow up with the district manager to see if i got the job, it took her 3 weeks to get back to me. She was really cool but i think better communication was necessary instead of having me wait almost a month.

Model Interview

I was recruited off the street and asked to come into the store the following wednesday for an interview.
    The interview is really nothing to get nervous about. They're really just checking that you're not crazy or anything. You are hired for your looks so usually if you make to the interview, the decision to hire you is already made unless you do something nuts.

I did not negotiate. The base pay added to the free clothes, simplicity of the work and the opportunity to meet a lot of models was enough for me.

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!