Abercrombie & Fitch

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
918 candidate interviews

Manager In Training (MIT)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – One interview with the district manager. You meet with them in the store and go to a mutual meeting place to have the actual interview. It's very laid back, you do not have to dress up. You should wear A&F or Hollister clothing and flip flops, which is basically the dress code if you work there. Do not wear makeup or do anything special with your hair because it's an all natural look if you get the job. They do not allow you to wear any visible makeup.

Interview Question – There really wasn't any hard question. She basically just asked questions about how i would react in certain situations.   Answer Question

Interview Details – 3 questions;
How would you describe the Abercrombie and Fitch brand in 3 words?
How would your friends describe you?
How do you define "Diversity"?

Interview Question – Most unexpected, while also the most expected; the interview process is used simply as a HR protocol. Managers hire based on attractiveness. That is simply the bottom line   View Answer

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – The interview process is pretty simple. You get recruited because you are attractive and then a district manager contacts you. If you are attractive and dont totally mess us in the interview they give u the job. They do not care about your major or experience. They will train you into the mold of the company.

Interview Question – situation where you failed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – Got approached in the store while shopping, attended the group interview & got offered a position the next day.

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – Quick interview, basic questions. Not too interested in answers, just a process. I believe they hired purely on appearance. There aren't too many great answers you can say when asked "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Was interviewed in a mall in a group with people all around me...

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – They basically only care about your looks. If you are skinny and pretty, then you are in. I went in to the store and filled out a the app, the next day I got a call, to come to the group interview in 2 days. During the in process they ask go around the room and ask you different questions. It lasts about 20 minutes then you all leave.

Interview Question – Whats does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Model

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Got approached on college campus whilst eating lunch by to girls. They asked me would i like to work in A&F so i said yes and then told me to come to an interview on friday( Yesterday) at 2pm. There was about 20 people at the interview and we were organised into a circle.They asked two questions. What was our greatest achievement and how would our friends describe us in 3 words. they then asked us to say the tagline before taking a picture of all of us. anyone who got job could you please tell me how long after interview did they contact you?

Interview Question – What is your greatest achievement.   Answer Question

Customer Research Analyst Interview

Customer Research Analyst

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – Employees seemed very happy working there and the HQ was amazing facility. The interview was a lot more tedious than I expected. I got through the first round and was called back for a second interview but unfortunately did not get an offer. The question ran the gambit form being very challenging to very personal questions about your character.

Interview Question – What is your biggest flaw?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – Asked me to talk about myself, and how I would deal with certain situations with customers. Also asked me about the last time there was a conflict in a team enviornment and how i resolved it.

Interview Question – How to deal with angry customers?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – I had the first Skype interview which lasted 40 mins a week ago. Questions were fairly basic and straight forward, including introducing my academic and working background, why I want to work for A&F, where do I see myself in the future career-wise. Soon I'll have the second Skype interview which is expected to be around 1 hr.

Interview Question – The three qualities you see inside yourselves which you would like to highlight for A&F.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch interview questions and advice. All 918 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.