Abercrombie & Fitch

2.0

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview process was straight forward .They asked questions like why are you a great candidate , what does diversity mean in a workplace , do you know how to be a team player and so forth . Most ambercrombie & fitch recruiter are arrogant and really don't seem to care really . Fake it until you make it

Location was too far from school

Merchandiser Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Met some recruiters at a careers fair at my university and handed them a copy of my CV and was then invited to meet the same recruiter the following day for a brief initial interview as he happened to be in town. There was another informal interview a few weeks later; this involved completing a task and presenting the conclusions. The UK assessment day is held at their London office and consists of team exercises, a short aptitude test on paper and a tour around the store. Brilliant people and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Where is the company headed in the next few years? How can it regain the dominant position in the retail/fashion industry?   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was about to graduate college and had been recruited by a friend. I agreed to an interview, it was all set up through texting my friend who was a store manager at the time. I was scheduled to meet with the District Manager and was told to wear casual clothes similar to what A&F sells (do not go to an interview for this company in business attire). I wore minimal makeup but the DM commented on my makeup when we were talking about the look policy during the interview. The interview was pretty casual, we sat on a bench in the middle of the mall and was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • "tell me about a time when you had to encourage to do something when they didn't think they could accomplish it"   Answer Question
    They send an email with the offer, location/brand you'll be in, and salary

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I had a Skype interview first then an in store interview. Took about a month total. Simple questions about yourself, looked to see if you represented the brand, described salary and benefits

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2011.

You go in store to apply, then you go back to the same store to conduct a group interview. They will contact you within the week if you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Probably acting out how you would greet and work in a loss prevention situation   Answer Question
    They just asked when you could come in to get fitted for clothes and get your pictures taken for corporate. No compromise on salary.

Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2014.

Easy interview. Each person interviewing had their own set of questions so they wouldn't outshine others. Easy to talk with everyone and easy questions. After all of the questions were answered we talked about hours. Each giving our own hour input. Then we were all hired on the spot pretty much. She said I want you both to work here so your both hired.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to be hired and a friend wanted you to be a part of stealing from the store, and asked you to help. What would you do?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. She pretty much said I want to hire you, will you accept I said yes and that was the end of it.

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

They give you a card with the website name on top of it. The interviews are very casual. for example:
    What do you think the style of clothing is?
    etc

Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Asked if I wanted to work there. Interview in 2 days hired on the spot really easy interview! Dress in the style of A&F. Flannel sandals minimal make up for girls

No negotiation

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Applied online. Then received an email for a formal interview.
    Dress with preferably A&F clothing, but if you do not have anything from the store something similar to A&F would suffice.

The district manager told me:
    -the interview is really just a process of getting to know me
    -I can relax and because it was a casual interview and open-ended, & I can take my time answering questions.

The interview questions were all standard questions that A&F provides (scripted), mostly about leadership. I understood that the interview was also supposed to be "casual", but it was not professional. For the most part the district manager was rude/uninterested in answers--yawning a lot, playing with seat & pen, having a chat with colleagues, etc.

Very superficial environment.

Store managers were professional. Recruiters were semi-professional. District manager was unprofessional.

Unprofessional

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

One on one interview with the district manager. The interview is typically conducted at a cafeteria. Pretty casual and friendly environment. They usually contact you within two weeks of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your accomplishments.
      Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision.

Answer Question