Abercrombie & Fitch

Updated Mar 1, 2015
1,050 Interview Reviews

2.0

Floor Model Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

My friend referred me, so I went in stores, got recurited by one of the managers, she asked if I can do an interview right now, I said yes, so I did an interview with the other manager (it was me and this guy that I so happen to know, so it wasn't awkward) she asked simple questions, then she said if we got the job she'll call in a week, she called me the next day!

Impact Team Member/Sales Associate Interview

They interview me with another applicant and asked us questions about diversity and past experiences. Questions may vary- my friend also had an interview but the questions they asked her were different.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2014.

Group interview at their Head Office in Paris. Two candidates and a recruiter. By the way, the recruiter arrived 40 minutes late without even sending an email or call us to apologize for his delay.

Interview Questions
    • Very classic questions about the brand's culture and my motivations for this position.
      The HR took photos of us at the end of the interview.

Actually, I was SHOCKED by the recruiting process. They trick you into thinking you apply for a Management program, while they ONLY care about your physical appearance.

View Answer

Manager In Training Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

It was a lengthy interview. The whole thing took about and hour. Lots of in depth questions asking for examples from your education experience and past work experience. You have to think quickly. Make sure you come in with your accomplishments in mind and how you achieved them. The questions are not difficult, but you definitely need to come prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a project that had a time limit and you had to complete it under pressure.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2015.

On campus recruiting, applied online and had a group project/ interview the next day about merchandise planning. Took a 10 min test which had basic math questions- nothing too hard. Project listed about an hour and then the recruiter said she would email us for the next step

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was recruited in the store while I was shopping. The manager came up to me and asked if I was 17 years of age. Then he gave me all of the information to apply online. I came in for a group interview later that week. It was super easy, and super casual. I was offered the job a few days later, and I accepted.

Merchandiser Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2014.

Met at a career fair, was instantly invited to an info session which actually turned out to be a small group case study. Then had 2nd round of interviews that were very relaxed and then a final round of touring and interviews at corporate office over the course of 2 days. All and all the process lasted just over one month.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your style and influences   View Answer
    • Describe a situation where someone was difficult to work with, what was the outcome?   View Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2012.

Group interview where we were all sitting together at a table. The interviewer would pose a question and then we would each take turns answering the question. Overall, the interview was very informal and I didn't feel as though the questions were difficult compared to other interviews that I have had. The worst part was that I had to wait a couple of weeks before I heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • We were asked for examples from our school or work experiences.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview on campus

Super informal, and unprofessional. Asked to dress casual, aka Abercrombie style. Questions about your life, she kept trying to tell me how great Columbus was and the nightlife there and then told me how "cool" the company culture was. Honestly it was kind of uncomfortable and I left not wanting to work there. Then we had to take on IQ test- if this is what they base their employees off of then I don't know how the 3 people that came to campus got hired.

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2011.

Group interview. Manager would take group out to a part of the mall and ask a question and go around the circle to wait for answers. About 4 questions were asked.