Abercrombie & Fitch

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
918 candidate interviews

Model

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – The interview was very easy . I was just myself and I laughed a lot . I just have a bubbly personality and obviously the manager like that because she laughed a lot with me . I was the only one that showed up for a group interview as a model .

Interview Question – I had a one-on-one interview with the manager who seemed like she cared about who she wanted to hire in the store for best customer service . I had a blue shirt from hollister ( but no one could tell ) khaki pants , and some flat shoes . I wore no-makeup at all . I wore studs and I had a natural hair style like i just woke up and I have flawless hair lol . I was asked 4 simple questions . Questions ?? ASK BELOW .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had to come in for a orientation @ 4 .

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired out of college after one interview with the store manager and a second interview with the district manager. As soon as I was hired I went through a management in training program, learning the basics of operations, shrink, merchandising, etc.

Interview Question – How do you know you are the fit for Abercrombie & Fitch?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – " we would like to hire you, offering you a base pay of 33,000 a year, would you like to join us?"

Manager In Training (MIT)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2014.

Interview Details – It is a structured interview that lasts 30-45 minutes, depending on how many questions you have after the formal interview (tip: have a lot of questions and get to know them!). The interviewer will evaluate you on your communication skills and ask you to give examples of how you work with others and handle conflicts. The key is to be outgoing, confident, and well-groomed.

Interview Question – Nothing hard. Just prepare by thinking of many scenarios where you worked in a team.   Answer Question

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Sales Associate (Model)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2013.

Interview Details – arrived an office, which was not at the store location. there were around 25 people in the interview and the manage held the interview with all of us in a room. interview questions were fairly simple, including questions about your education, background, and your attitude towards abercrombie and fitch.

Interview Question – use one word to describe a&f   Answer Question

Vienna, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter to apply for the MIT position at a college career fair. The recruiter followed up with me to begin the interview process. We had a phone interview as well as an in-person interview. The Recruiter introduced me to my new colleagues/ manager several days before I started working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate

Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, then got a call after 1 day for an interview with the DM. Very informal interview, it was done outside the store on the waiting couches in the mall. Interview questions were very open-ended. A friend referred me to the position because he said I would get it because I'm good looking and that's what's mostly they look at anyway at Abercrombie. I ended up not getting the job. Well first of all, I didnt get any call or email and I just know because they never contacted me. I honestly thought they didnt hire me because I wasnt the regular petite skinny size girl, I am short but has curves but not fat or anything.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – Very brief interview , in the mall usually, very casual interview for a casual company. Met with the district manager , who does all the hiring of the managers , sometimes the store managers sit in during the interview process.

Interview Question – where do you see your self with the company in 5 years   Answer Question

Manhasset, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2014.

Interview Details – I asked for the code to apply online at my local Abercrombie & Fitch store and I went into the store the next day, a Tuesday, for a short group interview. Most of the interviewees were for Impact, so I had my group interview with just one other girl. She had previously worked at Hollister, so she casually slipped that in, but her face was all caked up and she wore a crop top and shorts. I was all decked out in Abercrombie--a lace tank, burgundy skinny jeans, and brown braided A&F flip flops. The manager showed approval of my attire and my natural, no make-up look. I was hired a week later.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. I was asked four questions:
1) How do you provide a positive environment for others?
2) What happened when something didn't go your way?
3) What is diversity to you, and do you think it is important in the workplace?
4) How do you think A&F wants to be viewed?

Good luck to all! :-)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a call informing me that I had been selected as a Model, and the manager who interviewed me asked if I was willing to accept the offer for $8/hr (which is roughly minimum wage for NY). I don't think the pay is negotiable.

Floor Model Interview

Floor Model
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2014.

Interview Details – Was pretty easy. I walked into the store on a Tuesday and spoke directly to the manager who was nice and walked me through exactly how to apply at one of the little kiosks they have in the store. I applied for a model position and the manager told me to come back on Friday for the group interview.

In total there was 5 of us and the questions were simple: What does diversity mean to you and why is it important in the workplace? Why do you think you'll make a good employee? Why do you wanna work here? stuff like that. I must say, the girl interviewing us seemed a bit ditzy...she didn't really seem interested in us, it almost was like she didn't wanna be there nor care at all. When she was going down the line asking questions she even asked me "Do I have to repeat the question for you or did you hear it?" Whatever. I thought the interview went well, but sadly I was not offered the position. They make it clear that they do NOT want you to call them, they will call you within a week if you got the position and will give you the silent treatment if you didn't.

Interview Question – What do you think makes our company stand out?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2012.

Interview Details – You are either recruited and invited to a group interview or apply and are assigned a group interview time. Interview is with 2-3 other applicants and 1-2 managers. Fairly short interview, and they call you within the week if they want you to work there and ask if you accept the position.

Interview Question – When was a time that you had to take leadership?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch interview questions and advice. All 918 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.