Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The interview is ridiculously easy. You can look up youtube videos that will give you the answers to basically any of the answers that they may ask you. The interviews are conducted in a group setting with maybe 3 or 4 other interviewees. Nowadays, the manager is mostly reading off the paper throughout the interview. They will ask 3 or 4 questions to each candidate (sometimes the same questions to everyone). Most questions aim to get to know you, as a person, better; not your past work experience. And instead of dressing professionally, it is better to wear their clothes so they can better see how you would fit in to the store.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. This is your typical retail job with no benefits and a minimum wage pay.

Java Developer Interview

I cleared the phone screening interview and was asked to come for an on site interview. The disappointing thing about their recruitment process is that in spite of taking time off for the face to face interviews, the recruiter didnt bother letting me know of the outcome of the interview. This reeked of lack of basic courtesy and respect for a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me questions related to the work that I had done.   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

They stressed diversity and communication ability.
    You should be able to understand why diversity is a priority for the company and be able to sell your personality, all of the managers are looking for bubbly people who are able to speak to the customers while portraying the company image.

No negotiation.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I secured an interview through our campus career coach. A recruiter from A&F was at the career fair at the school, which I unfortunately missed, but I connected with him through email. We met at Costa over a coffee where I gave him my resume and told why I was interested... Overall it went great and the recruiter was very nice. He didn't ask any technical questions, the whole point was to be nice and introduce yourself... he then gave me his email address through which he directed me to the interview.

The first interview was extra easy, it was a pre-recorded set of questions, which were 1)your university, 2) your degree 3) where you see yourself in 3 years.

The second interview was over Skype with a person at HQ. The lady was very nice and welcoming, which made the whole process less nerve- wrecking. Prior to the interview I was given an assignment, which I needed to complete within 24 hours. The assignment was fine, but you need to be prepared to explain why/what you did.. First half of the interview was behavioural questions, and the second was based on the assignment.

Interview Questions
    • What are the current male trends? What brands do you see on your campus?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

It was really quick. First I met with he store manager and then the district manager the next day and i started working that following Monday! It didnt really seem like an inerview. It was more conversational than anything. I noticed she really just wanted to see how outgoing or willing to share I was.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question would be "So.. why would you move from FL to TX"!   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

You can be recruited in multiple ways for this position: off the street as seeming brand positive, a friend could give your name to a recruiter, or you are already an emplyee and have simply graduated college with at least a 4-year degree. THe interview is laid back and normally consists of a rather casual conversation about what you studied in school, how you feel about diversity, and what draws you to the brand. They prefer outgoing, self-motivated, friendly people and the questions asked are hint to such.

Interview Questions
    • The question that took me most by surprise was concerning my personal definition of diversity. They ask that you describe your definition of the word and how it has applied to you in the past and how you feel it helps a business to run more smoothly.   Answer Question
    There is nothing to really negotiate. The salary is set, benefits are discussed and given after 6 months of full-time employment.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

It was a easy conversation, very open, very friendly! It was a group conversation in Brussels 3 days ago and now I'm waiting for more information! The girl explained how growing is possible in this company

No info yet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2014.

I was contacted my a fellow MIT on a thursday night through FB asking if I was interested in the position. Told her I was, met her the next day in the ANF store along with the manager and the interview was set up for the following thursday with the divisions manager. The DM was super friendly and welcoming, she talked about her past experiences and how the company has changed and how great it was. We talked for an hour. It was very relaxed and she asked me maybe 4 questions out of a paper. Because, i was the last interview of the week, she told me she would let me know the next day. She did and I was offered the position through e-mail. The entire process took one week.

No negotiation.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2014.

I applied online and chose an interview date. I came in on that day and regretted applying there as soon as I walked in. The music was so loud that the manager couldn't eve hear me tell him my name and I had to repeat it THREE times. The scent they spray in the store also gave me a headache while waiting 15 minutes to be interviewed. We went outside and I was asked a total of three simple questions about who I was, what diversity is etc. The manage then went over the look policy which is absolutely ridiculous. They don't encourage individuality whatsoever. They want all of their associates to dress, wear their makeup, and style their hair a certain way. Abercrombie & Fitch should be happy that anyone still wants to work there!! While I was there a total of two customers came in. This store is doing really bad these days. I was told I'd get a call within a week if they chose to hire me. If they do call I will be declining the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is diversity and how do you apply it to your life?   Answer Question

Impact Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2014.

I applied online for the kids store and picked an interview date. I arrived 10 mins early and was told to stand in front of the store. Others started to arrive shortly as it's always a group interview. They made us wait like 20 mins... for no reason! Then after waiting we were told some other manager would interview us. (more waiting!) When she finally came she was very unprepared. She split us and into two groups, impact and models. When I got around to being interviewed she didn't even look up from the sheet of paper she was scribbling on, so I knew I was wasting my time.

Interview Questions
    • What is diversity, Describe a time you had to .meet a goal   Answer Question