Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.0

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The process was two interviews. Very easy and straight forward. They aren't tricky about the questions and interviewers are pretty laid back. It is also very casual, wearing jeans and casual top is completely acceptable- you will feel awkward if you are more dressed up. Pretty easy job to get.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the company in terms of diversity   View Answer
    none

Assistant Manager Interview

I APPLIED ONLINE AND HAD INTERVIEW AT A&F. they took me outside the store and we sat on the sofa. and we had chat about different stuff like educational background and then she started asking questions like what i will do if i have certain situations related to customers and people around,

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mentor, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2010.

Really open and friendly. Group interview turned one-on-one. Offered in great detail the rundown of the job, what was expected, dress etiquette and brand identity. Paperwork was easy. People are great.

Interview Questions
    • If you see a customer having a difficult time (trying on clothes, choosing an outfit) what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eastpointe On The Mall, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eastpointe On The Mall, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Basically asking about your personality, prior experiences, leadership. They want to know that you are energetic, classy, have sense of style, ready to work hard. Make sure you wear make up and wear something from Abercrombie and Fitch. The most important is your looks.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult customer service situation and how did you resolve it   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the whole process took a month

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Group interview asking basic questions, very hard to not get the job. Interview is super casual you can pretty much wear whatever you want as long as you dress in something that looks like or is abercrombie. Only one interview and the process is not very long either

Store Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2013.

Pretty simple and straight forward - it was a group interview with other potential impacts and models for a position at a flagship. They asked me an interesting fact about myself, what I knew about AF, what my friends would describe me as, what diversity was, what would make me successful at Abercrombie and etc.

Interview Questions
    • What would make you successful at Abercrombie?   View Answer

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2012.

The hiring process for me was really more of a scouting process, as someone approached me at school to work for the company. In need of a job, I said yes, and wound up in a group interview with a bunch of other potential employees and myself. It was more of an orientation than even an interview, as I guess they hire anyone.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Pretty basic interview. Group setting where they ask 3-5 questions, including one about diversity since they got sued for discrimination a few years back. Was recruited in store (this is where they do A LOT of their recruiting) and submitted an app at the kiosk in the store. Heard back exactly a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are fairly straight forward. Just know a bit about the image that they are trying to sell (ie. classic New England prepster)   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Simple, there was a group interview where we were all asked pretty standard questions that didnt really challenge anyone too much. All of us were hired probably because the store was really desperate for workers.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The interview was a standard interview but it took me to follow up with the district manager to see if i got the job, it took her 3 weeks to get back to me. She was really cool but i think better communication was necessary instead of having me wait almost a month.