Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2014.

I applied online and chose an interview date. I came in on that day and regretted applying there as soon as I walked in. The music was so loud that the manager couldn't eve hear me tell him my name and I had to repeat it THREE times. The scent they spray in the store also gave me a headache while waiting 15 minutes to be interviewed. We went outside and I was asked a total of three simple questions about who I was, what diversity is etc. The manage then went over the look policy which is absolutely ridiculous. They don't encourage individuality whatsoever. They want all of their associates to dress, wear their makeup, and style their hair a certain way. Abercrombie & Fitch should be happy that anyone still wants to work there!! While I was there a total of two customers came in. This store is doing really bad these days. I was told I'd get a call within a week if they chose to hire me. If they do call I will be declining the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is diversity and how do you apply it to your life?   Answer Question

Impact Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2014.

I applied online for the kids store and picked an interview date. I arrived 10 mins early and was told to stand in front of the store. Others started to arrive shortly as it's always a group interview. They made us wait like 20 mins... for no reason! Then after waiting we were told some other manager would interview us. (more waiting!) When she finally came she was very unprepared. She split us and into two groups, impact and models. When I got around to being interviewed she didn't even look up from the sheet of paper she was scribbling on, so I knew I was wasting my time.

Interview Questions
    • What is diversity, Describe a time you had to .meet a goal   Answer Question

Inventory Management Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2014.

Video screening interview, pretty simple. Prepare that you only get 1 shot to do this interview. Dress and look like an Abercrombie & Fitch employee. They will ask what is your name, major, school and graduation date. Also where you see yourself in a 5 years. There are 2 interviews over Skype, again dress like them. Know your resume, they will ask the basic questions and some behavioral questions. The first interview is with someone from HR. From your first video you send I got a reply from HR within 3 days so they are quick on this step. The second skype interview is from someone from your field. Their HR can be kind of slow so if your waiting 2 weeks do not feel bad they will get back to you. I am waiting for my second interview for skype.

Abercrombie and Fitch/Impact Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

It first off starts by making you present yourself (name, hobbies, something cool about you)
    It then goes on to you past experience in life as resolving a conflict or something you did wrong and how you fixed it.
    Then they ask you what is diversity.
    Most likely it'll be a group interview

It really sucks on hours-based. I get about 10 hrs a week

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2014.

I went to the mall website since I knew for a fact the mall would be hiring somewhere so I applied to ANF. Didn't take long at all, just pretty much the usual: availability, education, then at the end they let you pick a time to come in for a GROUP interview. I hate those stupid group interviews, I feel it's disrespectful, like they can't find a measly 10 minutes to sit down and get to know someone fairly on their own. Well it was a total of 4 people in the group. The assistant manager (who was a freaking kid) interviewed all of us reading off of a paper, jotting down little notes acting like he was listening. It's dumb because if someone says the same thing you were going to say to the question then you have to change your answer on the spot otherwise you look like you can't think for yourself, which is stupid. Long story short, he called me the next day & said I got the job. Been a joke ever since, they never even schedule you! Do not. I repeat DO NOT ever apply to this stupid place. Also they always ask "What is diversity?"... like always. So have a legit answer. But don't apply please.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you worked extremely well with a team or group member?   View Answer
    They don't even respect you enough to negotiate. I went in to fill out paperwork, and saw on the screen- $7.93
    Atleast have the decency to tell us what we will be getting paid.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The process was two interviews. Very easy and straight forward. They aren't tricky about the questions and interviewers are pretty laid back. It is also very casual, wearing jeans and casual top is completely acceptable- you will feel awkward if you are more dressed up. Pretty easy job to get.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the company in terms of diversity   View Answer
    none

Assistant Manager Interview

I APPLIED ONLINE AND HAD INTERVIEW AT A&F. they took me outside the store and we sat on the sofa. and we had chat about different stuff like educational background and then she started asking questions like what i will do if i have certain situations related to customers and people around,

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Group interview asking basic questions, very hard to not get the job. Interview is super casual you can pretty much wear whatever you want as long as you dress in something that looks like or is abercrombie. Only one interview and the process is not very long either

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eastpointe On The Mall, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eastpointe On The Mall, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Basically asking about your personality, prior experiences, leadership. They want to know that you are energetic, classy, have sense of style, ready to work hard. Make sure you wear make up and wear something from Abercrombie and Fitch. The most important is your looks.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult customer service situation and how did you resolve it   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the whole process took a month

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Pretty basic interview. Group setting where they ask 3-5 questions, including one about diversity since they got sued for discrimination a few years back. Was recruited in store (this is where they do A LOT of their recruiting) and submitted an app at the kiosk in the store. Heard back exactly a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are fairly straight forward. Just know a bit about the image that they are trying to sell (ie. classic New England prepster)   Answer Question