Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015
1,077 Interview Reviews

2.0

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Applied in store and set up an interview on the spot. Came in for the scheduled interview a week later and got an offer about a week later. I was able to start working less than a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very standard interview questions. Nothing challenging.   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Applied online. Had first interview 2 weeks ago and a second interview with the District Manager tomorrow. Very laid back. I wore jeans and flip flops. The interviewer explained the 10 week program for MITs and what was involved and expected of me. I'm pretty sure the first interview was to make sure I fit the company's "image" before I interviewed with the DM.

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview process was straight forward .They asked questions like why are you a great candidate , what does diversity mean in a workplace , do you know how to be a team player and so forth . Most ambercrombie & fitch recruiter are arrogant and really don't seem to care really . Fake it until you make it

Location was too far from school

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was about to graduate college and had been recruited by a friend. I agreed to an interview, it was all set up through texting my friend who was a store manager at the time. I was scheduled to meet with the District Manager and was told to wear casual clothes similar to what A&F sells (do not go to an interview for this company in business attire). I wore minimal makeup but the DM commented on my makeup when we were talking about the look policy during the interview. The interview was pretty casual, we sat on a bench in the middle of the mall and was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • "tell me about a time when you had to encourage to do something when they didn't think they could accomplish it"   Answer Question
    They send an email with the offer, location/brand you'll be in, and salary

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I had a Skype interview first then an in store interview. Took about a month total. Simple questions about yourself, looked to see if you represented the brand, described salary and benefits

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

They give you a card with the website name on top of it. The interviews are very casual. for example:
    What do you think the style of clothing is?
    etc

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

One on one interview with the district manager. The interview is typically conducted at a cafeteria. Pretty casual and friendly environment. They usually contact you within two weeks of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your accomplishments.
      Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision.

Answer Question

Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Asked if I wanted to work there. Interview in 2 days hired on the spot really easy interview! Dress in the style of A&F. Flannel sandals minimal make up for girls

No negotiation

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2015.

First a video interview which was pretty easy. Then meet at OSU for an aptitude test which wasn't too bad. The same day you have an interview with an employee in finance which is pretty basic. Finally, the same day you have an interview with an employee from H.R. which is just the typical silly interview questions you can look up on line.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I had heard about the MIT program from my school's website so I went in store and applied. The store manager was there and she was very friendly and assisted me with the application. Since I had not yet graduated she informed me to come back when I graduated, and the process will start.

I came back 28 days later, after my graduation, informed her that I had graduated and she told me that her District Manager (DM) would be in Tuesday and too come back then (It was Saturday when I went in). Following her orders, I came back 10 minutes before the scheduled time, only to find that the DM was busy, but could meet with me Tomorrow. So I came back the next day, dressed well and formal casual, only to find that the DM was not there, and too come back again Saturday. I go back again on Saturday and finally had time to get an interview.

The interview was very laid back, asking basic questions like; Leadership examples, Problems with Co-Workers, how did you handle deadlines, etc. The interview went very well, I felt as if I had "Aced" it. The DM told me that I would get a call on Monday about the next step. Currently, it is Tuesday evening and still no response.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with difficult employees, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question