Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions

2.0

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2013.

Dress like them for the interview. Meaning you don't have to where slacks and a button up shirt. If you don't have their clothes, just try to dress in their style. Be yourself, the interviews are just going to ask you basic questions about your worth ethics and how you would react under certain situations.

Interview Questions
    • There aren't any unexpected questions. They might ask you a questions like "What makes Abercrombie & Fitch clothes stand out from others?"   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

one group interview. asked questions about former jobs and team work. BUT if you have dreads, hair dyed a color that's not "natural", or in the military. you're already counted out.

Interview Questions
    • are your nails natural? do you think you could wear our jeans?   Answer Question
    no negotiations. work week varied.

Associate Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2012.

Met/applied at a job fair.

Multi-Step interview process:
    1) Phone screen
    2) Skype Interview
    3) Onsite Interview

The phone screen was very basic - how did you hear about us, what is your interest, how does this sound, etc.

Skype interview was more specific to the role - how do these aspects of the work seem etc.

Onsite interview as multiple parts
    1 on1 interviews about personal experience and background
    group activities where you pick a lineup of clothes (apparently they only want you to say Blue and White all the time)
    Record videos of yourself responding to interview questions (pretty weird - they put each person in a room and had you answer questions to a web cam to record it).

Everyone was super pleasant/nice. Very upbeat group of people. Expect bass-heavy music and everything to smell like an Abercrombie store.

Interview Questions
    • Which of these (pointing at assorted abercrombie products) should we include in the summer lineup?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2012.

If you are handsome/attractive, you have already been hired before you start talking. Just be on time, wear abercromie clothes and try not to talk about how much you like partying.

Model Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The interview was very easy . I was just myself and I laughed a lot . I just have a bubbly personality and obviously the manager like that because she laughed a lot with me . I was the only one that showed up for a group interview as a model .

Interview Questions
    • I had a one-on-one interview with the manager who seemed like she cared about who she wanted to hire in the store for best customer service . I had a blue shirt from hollister ( but no one could tell ) khaki pants , and some flat shoes . I wore no-makeup at all . I wore studs and I had a natural hair style like i just woke up and I have flawless hair lol . I was asked 4 simple questions . Questions ?? ASK BELOW .   Answer Question
    I had to come in for a orientation @ 4 .

Associate Merchant Interview

I had to take an aptitude test. Interviewers were more interested in personality than background and experience. They seemed to be very interested in sorority experience. Asked what my favorite class and least favorite class was.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2014.

It is a structured interview that lasts 30-45 minutes, depending on how many questions you have after the formal interview (tip: have a lot of questions and get to know them!). The interviewer will evaluate you on your communication skills and ask you to give examples of how you work with others and handle conflicts. The key is to be outgoing, confident, and well-groomed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard. Just prepare by thinking of many scenarios where you worked in a team.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2011.

I was hired out of college after one interview with the store manager and a second interview with the district manager. As soon as I was hired I went through a management in training program, learning the basics of operations, shrink, merchandising, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How do you know you are the fit for Abercrombie & Fitch?   Answer Question
    " we would like to hire you, offering you a base pay of 33,000 a year, would you like to join us?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter to apply for the MIT position at a college career fair. The recruiter followed up with me to begin the interview process. We had a phone interview as well as an in-person interview. The Recruiter introduced me to my new colleagues/ manager several days before I started working.

Not able to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2014.

Applied online, then got a call after 1 day for an interview with the DM. Very informal interview, it was done outside the store on the waiting couches in the mall. Interview questions were very open-ended. A friend referred me to the position because he said I would get it because I'm good looking and that's what's mostly they look at anyway at Abercrombie. I ended up not getting the job. Well first of all, I didnt get any call or email and I just know because they never contacted me. I honestly thought they didnt hire me because I wasnt the regular petite skinny size girl, I am short but has curves but not fat or anything.