Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eastpointe On The Mall, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eastpointe On The Mall, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Basically asking about your personality, prior experiences, leadership. They want to know that you are energetic, classy, have sense of style, ready to work hard. Make sure you wear make up and wear something from Abercrombie and Fitch. The most important is your looks.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult customer service situation and how did you resolve it   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the whole process took a month

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Pretty basic interview. Group setting where they ask 3-5 questions, including one about diversity since they got sued for discrimination a few years back. Was recruited in store (this is where they do A LOT of their recruiting) and submitted an app at the kiosk in the store. Heard back exactly a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are fairly straight forward. Just know a bit about the image that they are trying to sell (ie. classic New England prepster)   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Simple, there was a group interview where we were all asked pretty standard questions that didnt really challenge anyone too much. All of us were hired probably because the store was really desperate for workers.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The interview was a standard interview but it took me to follow up with the district manager to see if i got the job, it took her 3 weeks to get back to me. She was really cool but i think better communication was necessary instead of having me wait almost a month.

Model Interview

I was recruited off the street and asked to come into the store the following wednesday for an interview.
    The interview is really nothing to get nervous about. They're really just checking that you're not crazy or anything. You are hired for your looks so usually if you make to the interview, the decision to hire you is already made unless you do something nuts.

I did not negotiate. The base pay added to the free clothes, simplicity of the work and the opportunity to meet a lot of models was enough for me.

Associate Inventory Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2014.

This is for a position at the Abercrombie Home Office. After applying online, a recruiter contacted me three days later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was held the next week.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Mostly behavioral questions (tell me a time when.... what did you do, what was the result, etc) 4 year degree required. Usually you get an interview by communicating with someone in the store and they provide your information to the district manager.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question really, just things like "tell me about a time you had a conflict with another person, what did you do to solve it and what was the result?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I called the store and I asked if they were hiring- they said that they did interviews every Tuesday and Thursday at 4. The manager told me to come into the store on Tuesday at 3 so I could fill out an application in the store. I showed up to the store on Tuesday at 2:55 and went to the desk and asked where i could apply. A sales associate led me to the computer where i filed out my application. Several times while i was filling it out, managers came up to me and introduced themselves. I finished with the application around 3:40 and then i had to wit for the interview.
    Waiting for the interview was awkward because i basically had to just walk around the store and pretend like i was looking at clothes until i saw everyone go outside for the interview, it was super uncomfortable( because it was for like 30 minutes). Then I just decided to wait outside. I just so happened to look over my shoulder and saw that there were people gathered for the interview- they already started. Thankfully, they had only just introduced themselves.
    There were 5 people in the interview and she asked the typical abercrombie questions; it took about a total of 20 minutes. She said thanks and she'd call within a week if we got hired.
    I waited for a week and got no call, so I called them. they told me that I had been hired and to come in for an orientation that sunday.
    I came in for my orientation, and my manager asked me to work the same day.

Interview Questions
    • what does diversity mean to you? how would your friends describe you? how would you describe Abercrombie in one word? Availability? etc.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Be sure to be a specific as possible about your answers. Diversity is very important to the company, be sure to explain what it means to you in detail. They like people who are well-rounded and outgoing, as well as team players who have a passion for the brand. Wear something from the brand and be sure to be able to answer how you perceive the brand.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Very basic interview. It was my first job so I was actually incredibly nervous. Main manager interviewed me in a group, one other person. She mostly asked questions about your personality and hobbies, but the most important question is "what is diversity to you".
    Easy interview, terrible process though. Nearly took a month, my employ card never worked correctly, and pictures for being apart of the team were never taken. Overall, a very easy job and interview process.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but it is always a good idea to do your research about the company and especially the idea of diversity, in which they ask in the interview, and throughout your stay at the job   Answer Question