Abercrombie & Fitch

Average Difficulty
946 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Manager In Training (MIT)
Vienna, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter to apply for the MIT position at a college career fair. The recruiter followed up with me to begin the interview process. We had a phone interview as well as an in-person interview. The Recruiter introduced me to my new colleagues/ manager several days before I started working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Sales Associate (Model)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2013.

Interview Details – arrived an office, which was not at the store location. there were around 25 people in the interview and the manage held the interview with all of us in a room. interview questions were fairly simple, including questions about your education, background, and your attitude towards abercrombie and fitch.

Interview Question – use one word to describe a&f   Answer Question

Manhasset, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2014.

Interview Details – I asked for the code to apply online at my local Abercrombie & Fitch store and I went into the store the next day, a Tuesday, for a short group interview. Most of the interviewees were for Impact, so I had my group interview with just one other girl. She had previously worked at Hollister, so she casually slipped that in, but her face was all caked up and she wore a crop top and shorts. I was all decked out in Abercrombie--a lace tank, burgundy skinny jeans, and brown braided A&F flip flops. The manager showed approval of my attire and my natural, no make-up look. I was hired a week later.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. I was asked four questions:
1) How do you provide a positive environment for others?
2) What happened when something didn't go your way?
3) What is diversity to you, and do you think it is important in the workplace?
4) How do you think A&F wants to be viewed?

Good luck to all! :-)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a call informing me that I had been selected as a Model, and the manager who interviewed me asked if I was willing to accept the offer for $8/hr (which is roughly minimum wage for NY). I don't think the pay is negotiable.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – Very brief interview , in the mall usually, very casual interview for a casual company. Met with the district manager , who does all the hiring of the managers , sometimes the store managers sit in during the interview process.

Interview Question – where do you see your self with the company in 5 years   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2012.

Interview Details – You are either recruited and invited to a group interview or apply and are assigned a group interview time. Interview is with 2-3 other applicants and 1-2 managers. Fairly short interview, and they call you within the week if they want you to work there and ask if you accept the position.

Interview Question – When was a time that you had to take leadership?   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

Floor Model
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2014.

Interview Details – Was pretty easy. I walked into the store on a Tuesday and spoke directly to the manager who was nice and walked me through exactly how to apply at one of the little kiosks they have in the store. I applied for a model position and the manager told me to come back on Friday for the group interview.

In total there was 5 of us and the questions were simple: What does diversity mean to you and why is it important in the workplace? Why do you think you'll make a good employee? Why do you wanna work here? stuff like that. I must say, the girl interviewing us seemed a bit ditzy...she didn't really seem interested in us, it almost was like she didn't wanna be there nor care at all. When she was going down the line asking questions she even asked me "Do I have to repeat the question for you or did you hear it?" Whatever. I thought the interview went well, but sadly I was not offered the position. They make it clear that they do NOT want you to call them, they will call you within a week if you got the position and will give you the silent treatment if you didn't.

Interview Question – What do you think makes our company stand out?   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

Impact Team Member
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – You start off by applying and submitting your application via a computer on a wall in any store. A manager will contact you within 2 weeks to schedule a group interview. During the interview, there are about 5-10 people depending on the time slot. The manager will go around asking everyone questions. If you pass the interview, you will need to schedule a time to come into training. During training, you learn the basic rules and get a tour. They also give you a uniform and schedule your first shift.

Interview Question – questions were pretty basic. They just want to see your personality and if you have the abercrombie "look".   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Sales Associate (Model)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Apply on the computer and show up day you choose. They ask you how your friends describe you and what diversity means to you. They usually ask you to say there saying hey whats going on? To see how you sound. Almost everyone gets the job. You should get a call sometime between 3 days to 2 weeks depending on who did the interview.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you   Answer Question

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – I attended a group interview with several other people and was asked basic questions like what are your strengths and what does community service mean to you? I was then was called a week later. I came in and filled out paper work and began work in the next several weeks

Interview Question – What is diversity?   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Manager In Training (MIT)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and then scheduled an interview the regional manager. Interview was about 30 minutes long, dressed casual and in clothes that fit their standard. The questions were fairly simple nothing out of the ordinary. One of them was describe a time that you had a lot of tasks to complete and I used finals week, RM giggled and said most people did too.

Interview Question – All of them questions were simple and were standard questions that I have been asked in about every interview I've ever done. Basically just describe situations and how you handled them.   Answer Question