Abercrombie & Fitch

Average Difficulty
946 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Floor Model

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – two question in group setting, diversity question and problem solving question super easy just say a complete thought and you be fine but look is more nortant if you look really good just show up if not then go for stock room job

Interview Question – how do friend describe you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – 8.25 pay

Sales Associate (Model)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2011.

Interview Details – I got asked to work at Abercrombie by my university, but decided to interview to be a seasonal employee back home. I applied online and interviewed at a coffee shop in the mall with several others. I got called back a week later saying that I received the job. They were very laid back.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected. They pretty much asked about diversity and its importance and asked us to practice saying the store's tagline "Hey, how's it going?" Definitely be as peppy and cheerful as possible because that is an important trait of everyone who works in their stores.   Answer Question

Wayne, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the position and was taken to the a cafeteria, where the sales manager asked me a bunch of questions. She essentially asked why I would be a good fit, why I represent Abercrombie, etc. Easy process, however, they mainly went off looks.

Interview Question – None, it was all easy. I'm telling you though, unless you are what they are looking for, you won't have the job. Wear Abercrombie to the interview.   Answer Question

Store Model Interview

Store Model

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – I was walking by the store and the store manager stopped me and my friend, she invited us for an interview and told us the dates they were held. I was told to wear casual clothes, so I wore jeggings, sandals, and a cute top with natural makeup. I was asked to describe A&F, to describe my personality, what I liked about working in teams.

Interview Question – What is diversity and how does A&F represent diversity?   Answer Question

Impact Team Member/Sales Associate Interview

Impact Team Member/Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – They ask pretty basic questions like what experience have you had in teamwork, when was a time you succeeded at something, a fun fact about yourself, explain a difficult task and how you overcame it, and what does diversity mean.

Interview Question – I think if you haven't had experience, finding something relevant to say about overcoming a difficult task can be hard but you can always talk about school or other experiences!   Answer Question

Spring, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2011.

Interview Details – Be likeable, not too bubbly and overdone, but cool and confident. Come in with minimal make up or hair product if you're a girl. Fix your hair neat if you're a boy. Dress preppy and fresh. They are not interested in individuality. Say you fold laundry at home or are OCD about things being neat and in place.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw that someone was stealing something from the store? (They teach you how to deal with this sort of ordeal, which happens all day, everyday)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for sales associates.

Store Model Interview

Store Model
Jackson, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2014.

Interview Details – There were eight other people interviewing with me because they do group interviews in this company. The interview wasn't too difficult. We were asked around six questions each. We were asked why do we want to work for the company?, what is the style of the clothing?, what is a tagline?, etc. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Question – What is diversity and why is it important on the workplace?   View Answer

Sales Associate (Model)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Just a really easy, relaxed group interview with the assistant manager. There were only 4 questions and they were really simple. They just had us each answer the question in a row, meaning that the last person had an advantage since they got to listen to everyone's answers.

Interview Question – How would your friends describe you? What does diversity mean to you? What are you successful at? How would you describe our style?   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – The interview was a group interview that was not very organized. We went outside and gathered in a circle in an area by a kids play area in the mall and answered questions. The purpose of the questions was to see which people would stand out, but the question were not pertinent to the job.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you and why is it important?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – I declined because the job seemed like it was more for the superficial and young.

Model Interview

Model

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Honestly, a stupid interview. As long as you're not completely stupid and have the looks, you will get hired. Don't make racial comments, make comments on diversity. There's a fine line. I was recruited at a store.

Interview Question – How would your friends and family describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage.