Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions

1,217 Interview Reviews

2.0

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Orange, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied for the job online without a referral. It was a really quick group interview. We were asked to introduce ourselves and explain why we applied for the job. The manager asked one question about diversity in the workplace and three on previous situations where you had to accomplish a goal/overcome a difficult task. Then we were told a bit about the look policy and when you could apply again if you were not hired. They contacted me a week later offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to accomplish a goal in a short amount of time and what you did to be successful.   Answer Question

Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Brandon, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

A group interview took place at the food court. The manager asked us each a few questions. The main one that will always come up is "Define diversity, and why is it important in the workplace?" This question can come up in many different forms though. Overall it was a short, and easy interview.

Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

They conduct group interviews. I went into the store, got a code, applied online, and called in to schedule an interview. I wore the brand's clothing with natural makeup and hair. We then met up and walked to the food court to have a casual interview. The manager was super sweet and laid back. The assistant manager was also with us, but she was cool too.

Interview Questions

• What does inclusion mean to you and why is it important in a workplace?   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Richmond, VA).

Interview

very laid back interview with questions mostly dealing with leadership qualities, what to do in high-stress situations, and how to promote diversity in the work place. The interview was held outside of the store and was face to face allowing for a much more personal feel as well as a chance to ask any questions about the position and the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Give an example at work or at school in which you have shown yourself to be a leader.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH).

Interview

First interview - recorded. Awkward. Very basic questions. They're basically screening you to see if you're attractive enough and communicate properly. Second interview - Talked with a merchandising planner and HR rep. Behavioral questions Third interview - Flew me out to Columbus. Had interviews with HR rep, leader in merchandising planning, and another recorded interview. Took two tests-- one IQ and the other case study. Also had to present case study to a panel.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to make a decision with very little information.   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

It was an Easy one-on-one talk with the manager of the store. He asked me about 5 questions, then told me I had the job and when could I start. I would recommend wearing Abercrombie to the interview, as well as having natural hair and makeup as this is how they have their floor models dress.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying on indeed, I received an email about a video interview. Very basic questions, where you went to school, major, where you see yourself in 5 years. After that I received an email from their recruiter about setting up a skype interview. Yet again it was super laid back and didn't ask any behavioral questions like other interviews I have been on. I was told I would hear back in a week and a half. Then I was invited to come down to columbus to see the headquarters and meet for a final round of interviews. I had a small tour of campus, had lunch with one of the analysts, then went into interviews. I met with 3 guys. The two were super laid back and incredibly nice; it wasn't stressful and they interacted with me. But the last guy, who was the head analyst in the department, had no expression on his face the whole interview. It was very intimidating and I felt unsure of my answers since he showed no reassurance. Then the recruiter talked to me about the whole process, she told me I'd hear back in 2-3 weeks. As I thought more about how the last interview went, I knew I wouldn't receive the position. After 2 weeks, the recruiter emailed me saying I didn't receive the position, that they "ultimately did not feel it was the best job fit".

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

You either apple in-store or online. You get to choose the date of your interview. I don't think you get a reminder, so once you pick the date and time, make sure you put it in your calendar or something. The interview is really easy. They always do group interviews but if you're lucky, you might be the only one to sign up for the date and time you chose. They ask about 3 questions that are really easy to answer. Make sure you know about diversity. Also after your interview, do NOT call and follow up. If you don't get a call back within a week, you most likely did not get the job. As for attire, you don't have to dress up in slacks. It would be better if you wore the brand. If you don't know how to look the part, go on the website.

Interview Questions

• Why is the inclusion of other cultures and backgrounds (diversity) important at home or in the workplace?   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I first talked to recruiters at a campus career fair. I was then invited to a coffee chat with a recruiter, where we just had a casual conversation for about half an hour. Next was an in-person interview and assessment. The next round I was flown out to their headquarters in Columbus, Ohio, where I was shown around for two days. There were interviews throughout the process, including a case and another assessment. The other employees were around for a lot of the process for tours and networking.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH).

Interview

- 45 min campus interview consisting of a Wonderlic test and standard interview afterwards - 30 min skype interview - 2 day Super-Day. Tours of Columbus/home office on first day, interviews on second day (4 behavioral, 1 "case") General Notes: I interviewed for the Leadership Development Program Finance Internship. The interviews are straightforward and behavioral. I was able to get through the process by knowing my resume well and having entertaining anecdotes about past experiences that could demonstrate (in different ways) why I would be good for the position. There's really nothing you can do to prepare for the "technical" portions of the interviews, besides review of very basic statistics and math. All of the people I met from A&F were very good looking, helpful, and passionate about the company. I had a very positive interview experience and I recommend that people go into the process with an open mind.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to attend your university? What is the most interesting class that you have taken? Tell me about yourself. Why A&F? Why finance? Talk about a time when you had to make a difficult decision. Talk about a time when you has to compromise. Talk about a time when you worked on a team. Talk about a time when you failed.   Answer Question