Abercrombie & Fitch

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Sales Associate (Model)
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2013.

Interview Details – They ask you a few questions, like "What does diversity mean to you?". Honestly it's difficult to mess up being interviewed, especially if you were asked if you wanted to work there when you were in the store. If you applied online, just look as good as possible, they want a "natural pretty" look. Wear their clothing if you can, dress like you already work there. They usually do group interviews, but I did not get one as did many others because I wasn't available for the time they asked. They let me get an individual interview, whether or not that improved my chances, I don't know. They want outgoing extroverted type personalities mostly, I'm the complete opposite of that but I can be socially outgoing when I need to be, just be confident and show them you're a peoples person. Bottom line, look good and talk well, it's easy.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Sales Associate (Model)
Canton, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was approached in the store by a manager who offered me an interview. The interview was in a group setting in the store with 5-6 other candidates. It was very relaxed and casual. Basic questions about working in a group, past experiences, etc.

Interview Question – I really don't remember the questions, but there was nothing too crazy. Just standard questions   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

Floor Model
Buford, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2013.

Interview Details – It last 10 minutes tops, easy questions. do not think to much about it, relax and be positive, if you are too structured they will sense that you aren't a people person.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Visual Stylist Interview

Visual Stylist
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process gets conducted in a group, where each person gets asked three questions in no specific order. The questions reflect the job title you are applying for. An example of a question could be "What does diversity mean to you?" or "When have you ever had to help out or rescue a friend?". Then you have to get up at the end, put up your biggest smile, greet an imaginary customer as though you work at Abercrombie and they evaluate your character and overall look. Then if you qualify, they'll call back within 2-3 days. If you don't get a call back after that, don't expect one.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Impact Team Member/Sales Associate Interview

Impact Team Member/Sales Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2011.

Interview Details – Had to apply in person at the store, and was contacted for a group interview. The interview itself was held outside the store in the food court, and everyone took turns answering the same questions.

Interview Question – They were very simple questions. The only one I remember is "Why is diversity important to you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Model Interview

Model
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process consisted of applying online and then attending a group interview outside of the store. Questions were very straight forward and generally about diversity in the workplace and personal achievements

Interview Question – How important is diversity in the workplace   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Interview with the District Manager, usually in a food court or coffee shop nearby. Interviews are standardized, so interviewer first asks you general questions about yourself (what you've been doing recently, where you graduated college and when) and then asks you a series of predetermined questions meant to give a fair run of things for each candidate. Questions generally have to do with tough situations you've been in and how you've dealt with them. There are a lot of questions and I made up or elaborated on a few of them just because I haven't been in that many situations where there was significant conflict.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a group where one of the members either didn't get along with you or didn't get along with the whole group? How did you deal with that situation?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever had a conflict with a manager or employer and if so, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
  • How would you describe your leadership style? Provide examples.   Answer Question

Store Model Interview

Store Model

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very laid back and casual. I was taken outside asked simple questions and then hired on the spot. Be well keep and clean shaven. They are going to judge you by your looks.

Interview Question – None, really. They were your basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Santa Rosa, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2013.

Interview Details – I went in and asked if they were hiring. I got an interview the next week. A week after that I was hired. They were down management staff and I had previously worked at this company during my time in college. It was very easy for me to obtain the job.

Interview Question – What is your definition of diversity?   Answer Question

Model Interview

Model

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – The interviewer is usually the head manager. There's one question they always ask- "What does diversity mean to you?" This is a big question in considering your employment. Also, they will ask how your friend would describe you. Basically, you should keep your answers short and sweet. Confidence is key! Stay calm and don't act nervous. Dress attire should be a no-brainer- cool, casual, classy are all acceptable. Wear what normally would be sold in the store, not necessarily A&F though.

Interview Question – Diversity is obviously what they value in the work place. They want you to be accepting of all races/cultures etc. Just elaborate on why its important and healthy.   Answer Question