Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions

2.0

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Many questions were asked "tell me about yourself" "what do you like most about Abercrombie" "What is Diversity" was the main question. Interview took place at Starbucks. Received a phone call 1 week later with the job offer. I declined.

Interview Questions
    • saying the tagline, "hey whats up" at the end of the interview   Answer Question

Model/Brand Representative Interview

Easy interview right in store. Grouped session. Expected to hire a lot of people due to turnover. Met with manager and assistant manager. We received a tour of the store, nothing in the back. All front store areas that customers are already familiar with. Fun people. Met new friends at interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your career path with A&F? Didn't realize there was one in retail.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Group Interview for associates.
    One on one interview with District Manager for any management positions.
    Very basic interview process.
    After I became a manager I was giving group interviews on a daily basis. I always tried to make everyone feel comfortable about sharing and ask questions if they wanted.
    The questions are extremely typical, such as "are you outgoing?" "what would other people say about your personality?" "name a situation you have went above and beyond"

Interview Questions
    There was not one. I was offered a salary and accepted it.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

First round: on-campus interview. You need to take a Wonderlic test before your interview. Also, their pre-interview session is a "mixer party" and they see how you are interacting with others. They give you a project the night before the interview - it was a fun experience, and gives you an idea as to whether you want to continue doing this or not. Was interviewed 1:1 by two interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • - what is your biggest weakness?
      - what is your biggest accomplishment?
      - what is most important to you? (money, fame, people, etc)
      - What is the current fashion trend?

Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Saw the position online the mall website. Called to see if it was still open. Store manager wanted to set up a meet and greet at the end of the week was one the way to the mall then so meet with her that day. She asked basic where did you go to college what was your major equestrians and told me to apply online and that she would give my resume to the Distric Manager the next day. No interview yet just went there today.

Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2014.

It us usually a group interview but I had a single. I was interviewed by Sarah after a series of common questions it ended in 20 mins. Pays $7.93 in Orlando Florida, the hours aren't great at all, you'll need a second job or if your still in high school its just something to have. But you can pick up shifts.

There was none.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2014.

The interview consisted of two 30-minute interviews followed by taking the Wonderlic test (50 Questions, 12 minutes). I applied for the program through my university's career site and was contacted to set up an interview about a week later. The first interview I thought went really well, the recruiter and I had a fun conversation getting to know each other and consisted of me telling her about my future goals. The next interview was torture. The recruiter was extremely rude, almost argumentative towards my responses, kept looking at the clock, and at one point rolled her eyes at one of my responses. I didn't feel the questions were hard, mostly consisted of future goals, why you think you would be a good fit for the company, and behavioral questions. After my second interview it really made me question if I would want to work for a company that would have a recruiter that was so unwelcoming.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 3 years?

Tell me about a time, you were in a group and there was a conflict, how did you handle the situation and what was the resolution?

Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2014.

I applied online through my university and received a call from a recruiter the next day. I met her at a local mall that week. The interview was very relaxed and most of the interview she talked about her experiences and the company.

Interview Questions
    She said that they would love to have me and asked me to start working in the store as a sales associate until I could start working full time.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I applied online and was contacted within an hour by a store manager. I was not yet living in the area in which I applied, so we set up a tentative meeting for a week or so later. When I moved I emailed the store manager and we met in the store. About a week after this, I had an interview with the district manager. It was a pretty standard interview, and several days later I was given an offer. A college degree is required for the position, and I had previously worked for the company, which they seem to prefer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation in which you could not meet a customer's needs.   Answer Question

They require that applicants have a four year degree for this position, but do not pay what a degree holding person deserves.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was in the store browsing and one of the sales associates approached me and asked if i would like to apply for a "model" position, which is basically a sales associate who greets the customers and maintains the company's "look." I figured what the heck and was then referred to formally apply online, which takes 10-30 minutes. After that I scheduled a day and time for the interview. They explain that their interviews are very relaxed and are conducted in groups. I got there like five minutes early and there was only one other person interviewing with me, and the interviewer was about twenty minutes late. We were brought to a corner of the store away from customers, although the music was very loud. We were asked a series of questions that were extremely easy to answer: what does diversity mean to you/how have you experienced it?; how would other people describe you?; and what are some good qualities you have or something like that. It was a very quick and easy interview. If you get the job you'll here back in a week. hope this helps!

Interview Questions
    • what does diversity mean to you and why is it important?   View Answer