Abercrombie & Fitch

2.0

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2014.

Applied through career center on campus. First you do a video interview, where you film the answers to simple questions like "name and major" and "where do you see yourself in 5 years". That gets you an on-campus interview, where they'll ask you questions like "why abercrombie?" and why you chose the role you applied for. If you make it past that, you may be asked to a home office visit. They'll fly you into Columbus and take you on tours and to nice dinners, and then the next day you do a group case project and have 3, 45 minute interviews. I had them with higher up people, but many of the people there with me interviewed with lower-level people as well. Called the next with an offer. Overall, everyone is incredibly friendly. It's no secret that it's a tough and selective interview process, but you'll have fun getting to know everyone along the way.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 goals you've recently set for yourself and achieved? How did you achieve them?   Answer Question

Inventory Management Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2014.

Video screening interview, pretty simple. Prepare that you only get 1 shot to do this interview. Dress and look like an Abercrombie & Fitch employee. They will ask what is your name, major, school and graduation date. Also where you see yourself in a 5 years. There are 2 interviews over Skype, again dress like them. Know your resume, they will ask the basic questions and some behavioral questions. The first interview is with someone from HR. From your first video you send I got a reply from HR within 3 days so they are quick on this step. The second skype interview is from someone from your field. Their HR can be kind of slow so if your waiting 2 weeks do not feel bad they will get back to you. I am waiting for my second interview for skype.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2014.

The process took 3 days, however I was an internal candidate with a high level of experience already working for the company throughout my entire college career and senior year of high school. I was approached by my District Manager and asked if I wanted to interview within the next day or two. It was very casual and easy going. Overall, I would have considered it more of a 30 minute conversation with my DM in which we discussed which direction I would like my career at the company to go and about my education/prior work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you experienced a conflict within the workplace with a boss/supervisor and how did you resolve it?   View Answer
    • Describe how you motivate others   View Answer
    I received a call within the next two days and accepted....interviewed on a Thursday and began working on the Monday following the interview.

Impact Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2014.

I applied online for the kids store and picked an interview date. I arrived 10 mins early and was told to stand in front of the store. Others started to arrive shortly as it's always a group interview. They made us wait like 20 mins... for no reason! Then after waiting we were told some other manager would interview us. (more waiting!) When she finally came she was very unprepared. She split us and into two groups, impact and models. When I got around to being interviewed she didn't even look up from the sheet of paper she was scribbling on, so I knew I was wasting my time.

Interview Questions
    • What is diversity, Describe a time you had to .meet a goal   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2014.

I went to the mall website since I knew for a fact the mall would be hiring somewhere so I applied to ANF. Didn't take long at all, just pretty much the usual: availability, education, then at the end they let you pick a time to come in for a GROUP interview. I hate those stupid group interviews, I feel it's disrespectful, like they can't find a measly 10 minutes to sit down and get to know someone fairly on their own. Well it was a total of 4 people in the group. The assistant manager (who was a freaking kid) interviewed all of us reading off of a paper, jotting down little notes acting like he was listening. It's dumb because if someone says the same thing you were going to say to the question then you have to change your answer on the spot otherwise you look like you can't think for yourself, which is stupid. Long story short, he called me the next day & said I got the job. Been a joke ever since, they never even schedule you! Do not. I repeat DO NOT ever apply to this stupid place. Also they always ask "What is diversity?"... like always. So have a legit answer. But don't apply please.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you worked extremely well with a team or group member?   View Answer
    They don't even respect you enough to negotiate. I went in to fill out paperwork, and saw on the screen- $7.93
    Atleast have the decency to tell us what we will be getting paid.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I went to the store in Santa Monica and asked if they were hiring and then was told to apply online. I filled out the application and then set up a date for an interview and a couple days later I had got a call and was told to come in for a sooner date. The interview was easy since I had came onto this website and knew most of what they were going to ask. It was a group interview so that made it a little more easier for me. The whole thing was laid back but make sure you can make yourself stand out.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you can explain what diversity means to you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2014.

I was contacted my a fellow MIT on a thursday night through FB asking if I was interested in the position. Told her I was, met her the next day in the ANF store along with the manager and the interview was set up for the following thursday with the divisions manager. The DM was super friendly and welcoming, she talked about her past experiences and how the company has changed and how great it was. We talked for an hour. It was very relaxed and she asked me maybe 4 questions out of a paper. Because, i was the last interview of the week, she told me she would let me know the next day. She did and I was offered the position through e-mail. The entire process took one week.

No negotiation.

Abercrombie and Fitch/Impact Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

It first off starts by making you present yourself (name, hobbies, something cool about you)
    It then goes on to you past experience in life as resolving a conflict or something you did wrong and how you fixed it.
    Then they ask you what is diversity.
    Most likely it'll be a group interview

It really sucks on hours-based. I get about 10 hrs a week

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The process was two interviews. Very easy and straight forward. They aren't tricky about the questions and interviewers are pretty laid back. It is also very casual, wearing jeans and casual top is completely acceptable- you will feel awkward if you are more dressed up. Pretty easy job to get.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the company in terms of diversity   View Answer
    none

Assistant Manager Interview

I APPLIED ONLINE AND HAD INTERVIEW AT A&F. they took me outside the store and we sat on the sofa. and we had chat about different stuff like educational background and then she started asking questions like what i will do if i have certain situations related to customers and people around,