Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV

1.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2011.

Referred by a friend, when I went to apply I dressed casually. I briefly met and shook hands with the store manager before I was asked to fill out an application on a computer in the store. After I had applied I was called back the same night and scheduled the interview for next week. The interviewer was the same guy, very casual and asked questions mostly about myself and my people skills. I was nervous and personally didn't think I answered the questions very well, but I managed to get the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What does the Abercrombie style represent to you?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2010.

I went into the store to ask for an application and coincidently the hiring manager was there. He had me fill out a general employment form on their kiosk and just told me to show up on the upcoming Friday for an interview. It was a group interview with very simple questions. What is team work? What does diversity mean to you? It did however, seem as if the people who did get the job were given so based off of looks. So looks matter along with being somewhat pleasurable at the interview. I received a call the next day and was scheduled approximately 2 days after.

Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2011.

Walk in and apply at the computer kiosk built into the wall. You will select an interview date typically for 4 o'clock Wednesday, or 4 o'clock Friday, something like that. When you arrive the day of your interview there will typically be other people maybe about 4 or so. The manager will take the group to an interview area, usually outdoor seating at the mall. In this case for Town Square LV, NV it was at the metal tables in the center park/grass area. He will have a clipboard with questions on it and will go around the circle asking various questions off the clipboard. If you decide not to go first then you can take some time to think about your answer while listening to what other people have to say. Your answers don't always have to pertain to work experience, feel comfortable drawing from life experience. One girl in my interview group was asked about a time she had to overcome a difficult challenge, she talked about climbing a mountain with thick snowfall while leading a group of students. Other questions may be about how you're outgoing, and basically fit the A&F image personality wise. Anyway, after questioning they let you go and then call back in maybe a few days to a week. Orientation consists of standing in the back stock area craning your neck up to watch a short 15-30 minute video about deterring theft and providing superior service. That's it. Other than that there isn't any more formal training and they just throw you in and maybe or maybe not tell you the best way to do your job. Which is to the detriment of those who actually know how to do a good job and have to pick up the slack for everyone else. Management is very relaxed, so far I haven't seen any consequences for doing a crappy job/ blatantly not working while on the clock.
    If you're worried about the interview questions just look up some generic interview questions on the internet.
    "why would you describe yourself as outgoing?"
    "how would you describe superior service?"
    "what is diversity and how is it good for the workplace?"
    "how would you describe the A&F image?"
    "describe a time you overcame a big challenge?"

Interview Questions
    • "What is diversity and how can it be great for the workplace?"   View Answer
    • "Describe a time when you overcame a big challenge?"   View Answer
    No negotiation process.

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2012.

The interview was very relaxed and in a casual manner. I sat down with the district manager in a food court area of a mall. I was first asked about why I wanted to work for the company and why I am a good candidate, and then I was presented with a series of situation based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to work with someone who was culturally diverse from you and how did you go about working with them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2009.

They interviewed us in a group order, there were 5 of us, and they asked various basic interview questions. Why do you want this job? Why would you be good? What is your proudest achievement? That sort of thing. It was a really easy process, they hire anyone that sounds like they care to be there and are some what conversational, 2 of the 5 of us got the job, including myself.

Interview Questions

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!