Abercrombie & Fitch

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

First round: on-campus interview. You need to take a Wonderlic test before your interview. Also, their pre-interview session is a "mixer party" and they see how you are interacting with others. They give you a project the night before the interview - it was a fun experience, and gives you an idea as to whether you want to continue doing this or not. Was interviewed 1:1 by two interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • - what is your biggest weakness?
    - what is your biggest accomplishment?
    - what is most important to you? (money, fame, people, etc)
    - What is the current fashion trend?

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2014.

The interview consisted of two 30-minute interviews followed by taking the Wonderlic test (50 Questions, 12 minutes). I applied for the program through my university's career site and was contacted to set up an interview about a week later. The first interview I thought went really well, the recruiter and I had a fun conversation getting to know each other and consisted of me telling her about my future goals. The next interview was torture. The recruiter was extremely rude, almost argumentative towards my responses, kept looking at the clock, and at one point rolled her eyes at one of my responses. I didn't feel the questions were hard, mostly consisted of future goals, why you think you would be a good fit for the company, and behavioral questions. After my second interview it really made me question if I would want to work for a company that would have a recruiter that was so unwelcoming.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 3 years?

Tell me about a time, you were in a group and there was a conflict, how did you handle the situation and what was the resolution?

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I secured an interview through our campus career coach. A recruiter from A&F was at the career fair at the school, which I unfortunately missed, but I connected with him through email. We met at Costa over a coffee where I gave him my resume and told why I was interested... Overall it went great and the recruiter was very nice. He didn't ask any technical questions, the whole point was to be nice and introduce yourself... he then gave me his email address through which he directed me to the interview.

The first interview was extra easy, it was a pre-recorded set of questions, which were 1)your university, 2) your degree 3) where you see yourself in 3 years.

The second interview was over Skype with a person at HQ. The lady was very nice and welcoming, which made the whole process less nerve- wrecking. Prior to the interview I was given an assignment, which I needed to complete within 24 hours. The assignment was fine, but you need to be prepared to explain why/what you did.. First half of the interview was behavioural questions, and the second was based on the assignment.

Interview Questions
    • What are the current male trends? What brands do you see on your campus?   Answer Question

Virtual Interview

Interview Questions
    • 1. Name, School, major
      2. what's your biggest accomplishment
      3. where do you see yourself in 5 years

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2014.

I submitted my resume through a posting on my school's job board. A few days later, I received an email inviting me to sign up for an on-campus interview. I later received an email about the "pre-party" mixer event, which is basically just a change to meet other people who are interviewing and talk to the recruiters before the interview. Like other reviewers have said, you really cannot tell at all who the recruiters are as they are young and dressed casually. During the event, they broke us off into the different positions we were interviewing for (merchandising LDP, merchandise planning LDP, internship, etc.) and we got a chance to talk to recruiters for our particular area. During the event, they also gave the Merchandising and Merchandise Planning LDP and intern candidates a short assignment. For this assignment, they give you 10 different styles and you have to choose 3 to produce for the next season that make up one cohesive collection. You also have to decide how much of each style to produce and justify your choice. For ours, we were assigned men's graphic tees, but the category might change each year.

On the day of the interview, they asked us to arrive half an hour early to take the Wonderlich test. It's really nothing challenging at all. Then, we had two 30 minute interviews one with a person from the department you are interviewing for who is only a year or two out of college, and one with a general recruiter (although both of my interviewers were actually from the merchandising division). The interviews are extremely laid back. Dress is casual (jeans and a top) and they like when you wear their clothes. Both the interviews started off with presenting the project to the interviewers. They asked a few questions about why I made the decisions that I did, but nothing unexpected. Then, they just asked questions to try to get to know a little bit more about me (where I was from, why I chose the school that I did, why Abercrombie). They also asked what on my resume I am most proud of and what kind of work environment I work best in. Again pretty standard interview questions. In the interview with the merchandiser, I was asked what trends I currently saw that Abercrombie was not taking advantage of, but could. There were really no behavioral type questions, they are mostly looking for someone who fits their culture rather than qualifications.

Also, when it came time for me to ask questions, neither interviewer seemed to take my questions serious and made jokes instead of actually answering the questions. I know that they have a laid back environment, but I thought that that was extremely unprofessional in an interview.

Overall, it was a fairly easy, stress-free interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that stuck out to me as being difficult. Just know the company and the Culture.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2013.

An interviewer came to campus and then I applied through the A&F website

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Received case at session prior to on-campus interview. On campus interview involved mostly behavioral questions and some industry specifics. Second round was at home office. Multiple interviews, group case study and individual assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Remember to pay attention during the office tours and use the information learned in the case study.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Had an on campus session after which a test. Basic math and logic.
    Cannot complete within the time.
    Next day had 2 interviews
    1 HR and 1 Technical
    Basic questions and resume read

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2012.

I applied through my school's career center and was later emailed and asked to fill out an online application. A few weeks later I was emailed again saying they were interested in having me continue the recruitment process and asked me to create a video answering some questions and submitting it on an online website they provided. After that, I was invited for a Skype interview with an HR rep and later a second with someone from the program I was applying for. They were basic behavioral type questions like the ones on the vault guide and some more specific to why I was applying to the position I had applied for. Later, I was invited to visit the home office which is where the invite the best of the best, and I'll warn you ahead of time, they make every one of the few people they invite on the home office feel extra special as if you already got the job--don't let the fool you--you're still competing for a small number of spots that only about half of the people invited for the final round will receive an offer. Once there, you get a tour of the home office where everyone is wearing a&f or hollister from the very top executives all the way down to the janitorial workers. They live their brand. Best piece of advice--don't get caught up in the atmosphere and perks offered during the interview and make sure to stay focused on showing why you would be good for the job and the company and not why they are a great place for you to work. While the interviews didn't seem to difficult, the process was way too long. I applied in February and didn't have my final round interview until the end of April and didn't hear back until May...a few weeks before graduation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you faced a difficult problem and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2012.

I applied through their website. Did an online video. Then had a Skype interview with two associates. Finally they fly you out to Columbus to see the city and the office. Everything is really pretty, really nice. However it feels like they are more focused on getting someone who fits their culture more than if you are qualified. I would rather get a job because I am qualified and skilled than because I wear the right woven top. Feels very clique-y.