Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Oct 7, 2014

1.9

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2014.

You are either approached in store or you have to inquire about working there. The manager gives you a link and password in order for you to sign up for your group interview slot online. On this site, you fill up forms regarding any previous work/volunteer experience, GPA etc. Once booked, you arrive for your interview and they ask you questions, go over their expectations and guidelines. The group interview is not hard, its rather fun. It is just a very relaxed conversation with you, the manager and other potential employees. As it is a group interview, I suggest to try standing out in terms of your personality (outgoing, energetic, funny, laid-back etc.) and through your appearance (wear abercrombie; typically clothing they are wearing as their uniform for the season). Once the interview is over, they answer some of your questions and go over the process where they begin calling people informing them they are hired (their calls will be take place a week after the interview).

Interview Questions
    • How will abercrombie help you become successful in the future?   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I had to go to the nearest A&F and ask for the password to apply online. It's a short process and you choose an interview date. When I got there, I checked in with the manager and he told the other applicants and me to follow him to the food court and gave us a group interview. After the interview, I received a call about a week later to come in and register myself.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question was "What is Diversity and what does it mean to you?" Diversity is an extremely important factor to the company and you should give your own meaning for it. Try not to answer the same as the others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Hills Estates, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Hills Estates, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I called the store in my area to see if they were hiring. They provided me with a code and a website to grant me access into the system. I filled out the relatively generic application (asks about education, past work experience, etc.), and came in for an interview the following week. It is a group interview and the manager writes things down as you say them. They are mostly looking for positive and energetic responses rather than what you actually say.

Interview Questions
    • Why is diversity important in the workplace?   View Answer

Model/Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I knew the Manager so I wasn't interviewed, but I've interviewed lots of people before and they have pretty standard questionnaire.
    1. What would you bring to a deserted island?
    2. Who is your celebrity crush?
    3. Why do you want to work for Abercrombie?
    4. What do you like about the brand?
    5. Describe yourself in a few words.
    6. What jobs have you worked previously?

Interview Questions
    One of the managers asked me out when I was shopping, and then he asked if I wanted to work there.

Model/Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Group interview to see if you culturally fit with their unique lifestyle. If you have the look, they will approach you in the mall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2013.

You should go apply in the store, but it helps if you know someone who works for them because then you are like guaranteed a group interview. We had to go into a room and sit on the floor in a circle and they asked you ridiculous questions to see how creative your answers would be. Since you're sitting with about 15 other people, it's hard to have an original answer so try to sit close to the interviewer. Don't think just because you didn't get the job you're unattractive or something

Interview Questions

After I discovered what the CEO said...well it's explanatory.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Group interview. Models are all interviewed together. Manager asks about 8 questions. If they like you, they will call you back within a week. If not, they won't call you. The Models and Impacters have different group interviews and different questions asked. If you were recruited to work there, then you almost have a 100% chance of getting the job.

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2012.

To apply, simply go inside the store and ask one of the models to apply. They'll lead you to a computer where you input your information and select an interview date, usually Tues or Friday in my area. The interview is usually a group interview but the number depends on how many people selected that day. They ask you simple questions, around 3, but one main one they ask is a question about diversity. After that you just wait a week, usually if done on Tuesday they call Fri or if done on Fri, they call Monday.

Interview Questions
    • "How do you define diversity and why is it important in the work place?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Went in and filled out an application. Set up an interview date and time.
    The interviewing manager hired me on the spot and told me to come in the next day.
    I advise you to dress very "abercrombie". if you are a guy, wear a plaid button up or any kind of button up and jeans. and if you are a girl, wear all natural make up.

Floor Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2012.

Easiest hiring process I have ever had. Went into the store during slow hours, applied at the kiosk in the back of the store and before leaving I chatted a bit with the manager. I received a call the following week for an interview on a Wednesday. Got to the interview, I walked around the store a bit while others showed up. Nobody else showed up, so it was a 2 on 1 interview because the other manager was training for interviews. Extremely easy interview, very laid back. They asked about what customer service meant to me, how I think I would fit into the Abercrombie style, very general questions. After 3 questions I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, they only pay minimum wage unless you are a manager.