Abercrombie & Fitch

Relevance Date Difficulty

Impact Interview

Impact
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2010.

Interview Details – Fill out electronic application in-store, standard application then was called for an interview a few days later. Interview process was also standard aside from a few specific questions about diversity. After the interview, I was hired within a week and started training within two weeks. Overall, it was a simple and easy application.

Interview Question – What is diversity?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage, non-negotiable

Model Interview

Model
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2012.

Interview Details – You are either recruited and invited to a group interview or apply and are assigned a group interview time. Interview is with 2-3 other applicants and 1-2 managers. Fairly short interview, and they call you within the week if they want you to work there and ask if you accept the position.

Interview Question – When was a time that you had to take leadership?   Answer Question

Impact Team Member/Sales Associate Interview

Impact Team Member/Sales Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2011.

Interview Details – Had to apply in person at the store, and was contacted for a group interview. The interview itself was held outside the store in the food court, and everyone took turns answering the same questions.

Interview Question – They were very simple questions. The only one I remember is "Why is diversity important to you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Sales Associate (Model)
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2014.

Interview Details – You are either approached in store or you have to inquire about working there. The manager gives you a link and password in order for you to sign up for your group interview slot online. On this site, you fill up forms regarding any previous work/volunteer experience, GPA etc. Once booked, you arrive for your interview and they ask you questions, go over their expectations and guidelines. The group interview is not hard, its rather fun. It is just a very relaxed conversation with you, the manager and other potential employees. As it is a group interview, I suggest to try standing out in terms of your personality (outgoing, energetic, funny, laid-back etc.) and through your appearance (wear abercrombie; typically clothing they are wearing as their uniform for the season). Once the interview is over, they answer some of your questions and go over the process where they begin calling people informing them they are hired (their calls will be take place a week after the interview).

Interview Question – How will abercrombie help you become successful in the future?   Answer Question

Model Interview

Model
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple group interview. Relaxed environment with the manager. There was probably 3 or 4 other people, since they did interviews every tuesday I believe. Hired a lot of people, always a fresh new face hired

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you   View Answer

Impact Worker Interview

Impact Worker
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2010.

Interview Details – I did a group interview in McDonald's because there was a lot of seating in there. I interviewed with 2 other people, and the manager asked us about 5 questions each. It was a behavioral based interview, so the questions were about what we had done in past situations. They asked about a time when I had to be a leader. They asked about a time that I solved a problem in the past. When they were done, I shook her hand and they said they would contact me within a week when they had made a decision. I got a call a week later with the job offer, and I said yes.

Interview Question – Name a time in the past where you had to work in a team to solve a problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Starting salary was $8/hour.

Impact Team Member Interview

Impact Team Member
Santa Ana, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – I had to go to the nearest A&F and ask for the password to apply online. It's a short process and you choose an interview date. When I got there, I checked in with the manager and he told the other applicants and me to follow him to the food court and gave us a group interview. After the interview, I received a call about a week later to come in and register myself.

Interview Question – The most challenging question was "What is Diversity and what does it mean to you?" Diversity is an extremely important factor to the company and you should give your own meaning for it. Try not to answer the same as the others.   Answer Question

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Sales Associate (Model)
Rolling Hills Estates, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – I called the store in my area to see if they were hiring. They provided me with a code and a website to grant me access into the system. I filled out the relatively generic application (asks about education, past work experience, etc.), and came in for an interview the following week. It is a group interview and the manager writes things down as you say them. They are mostly looking for positive and energetic responses rather than what you actually say.

Interview Question – Why is diversity important in the workplace?   View Answer

Impact Team Member Interview

Impact Team Member
Rowland Heights, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2010.

Interview Details – Group interview, asking everything about the company and work related experiences you have faced.

Interview Question – How would you describe the culture?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As a summer job, it starts at $8 an hour and there is no negotiation

Model/Brand Representative Interview

Model/Brand Representative
Sherman Oaks, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – I knew the Manager so I wasn't interviewed, but I've interviewed lots of people before and they have pretty standard questionnaire.
1. What would you bring to a deserted island?
2. Who is your celebrity crush?
3. Why do you want to work for Abercrombie?
4. What do you like about the brand?
5. Describe yourself in a few words.
6. What jobs have you worked previously?

Interview Question – What I would bring to a desert island?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One of the managers asked me out when I was shopping, and then he asked if I wanted to work there.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!