Abercrombie & Fitch Manager In Training Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2014

2.3

50 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager In Training Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2012.

I was approached by a friend who worked for the company and asked if I was interested. I interviewed with the District Manager. They recommend dressing casual like you already work there, in jeans and flip flops. The interview lasted about 40 minutes and was very relaxed. Questions were easy. Mostly about how you've handled situations in the past. In these interviews they are looking mostly to see if you "fit" the brand, and that you are well spoken and intelligent (a people person). They require you to have a 4 year degree, but no previous experience is required.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you were faced with a decision that you believe would be unpopular.   Answer Question

Pay was not good. Not competitive with industry.

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eastpointe On The Mall, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eastpointe On The Mall, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2010.

I was approached by someone in the mall who asked where I currently worked and if I was open to a Management Position. I said yes and was then scheduled for an interview with a District Manager. I was told that I should wear Abercrombie & Fitch clothing and look on the website so that I was familiar with the company's style and trends. The interview process was pretty simple, it was a one on one interview and the questions were all situational(what would you do if...). The interview lasts about an hour and the district manager let me know I would hear back within a week.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult to answer. I was asked to describe a time when I had a supervisor or boss who had a management/work style that didn't work well for me and what I did in that situation. I was also asked what my biggest accomplishment was in life.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2014.

A friend of mine reached out to me for the program and set up an interview for me to meet with the district manager. A couple of weeks later we met at a Starbucks nearby and the interview took about an hour and a half. They first describe the position to you, and then ask you about 10-15 other questions, followed by you asking them any questions you might have.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions regarded how I reacted to conflict with other employees. For example: tell me about a time when you had to adapt to a supervisor who had a different management style than you, tell me about a time that you had a conflict with another employee and how you dealt with it, etc. They also asked general questions about yourself, such as walking them through your work experience, what your greatest accomplishments were, etc.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

You will meet with the District Manager to interview for the Manager in Training position. It's a very scripted conversation (to promote fairness and consistency across all interviews), so just be yourself! The DM will ask you about the importance of diversity and why it's important in a workplace. All in all, it was a very comfortable interview. I want to say that mainly, the DM is looking for someone who is bright, has leadership skills, and can think on their feet!

Interview Questions
    • What does diversity mean to you and why is it important in the workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2011.

Initially speak with a store manager, typically doing a meet and greet, you are then passed on to the district manager for an in person interview. The interview was about an hour long process. It is very easy going and comfortable in comparison to other interviews. They want to see your sense of style and like seeing you in current Abercrombie trends.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, all of them are asking you about "times when you..." and getting to know you.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2010.

Must have Bachelors Degree (no specific field), interview process is approximately 30 minutes and takes a look into different aspects of the job (i.e. multitasking, challenges).

Interview Questions
    • Please detail a time when you had to do more than one task at a time (I believe that happens on a daily basis, no matter what job you work for)   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

I was a part time associate while attending college, when I approached graduation the management team talked to me about the MIT program. I interviewed with the District Manager, got an offer within 2 weeks and started at a location within the geography we discussed. The DM had asked me to list my preferred locations in order and explained the flexibility they would expect from me as a progressed with the company. The interview took about 1 hour, behavioral questions that require you to speak to specific examples from the past so come prepared with good examples of leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Speak to an example of when you made a difficult decision without a lot of information. What steps did you take to gather information, what influenced your decision, and how did you explain it to others to gain their support.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2011.

The interview was not professional. When I went to a A&F store for the interview, one of the managers took me to the food court. The interview was 20 mins. long, and it is very casual. Through the entire interview, I realize the interviewer is not looking for how well you answer the question but your personal style, which means that they are looking for someone who can fit into their Califonia life styles!!!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2011.

Got interviewed in the food court. The interview was very relaxed and not formal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2011.

Very informal. I met face to face in a Starbucks with a District Manager. She seemed like she loved me and then never called me back. I followed up three times and was told that I would be contacted in a week each time I followed up and I never received a call. Highly unprofessional, a rejection call takes a mere minute, the managers should be trained about how to make one.

Interview Questions

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!