Abercrombie & Fitch

Average Difficulty
50 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager In Training

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was approached by a friend who worked for the company and asked if I was interested. I interviewed with the District Manager. They recommend dressing casual like you already work there, in jeans and flip flops. The interview lasted about 40 minutes and was very relaxed. Questions were easy. Mostly about how you've handled situations in the past. In these interviews they are looking mostly to see if you "fit" the brand, and that you are well spoken and intelligent (a people person). They require you to have a 4 year degree, but no previous experience is required.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were faced with a decision that you believe would be unpopular.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was not good. Not competitive with industry.

Very Easy Interview

Eastpointe On The Mall, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was approached by someone in the mall who asked where I currently worked and if I was open to a Management Position. I said yes and was then scheduled for an interview with a District Manager. I was told that I should wear Abercrombie & Fitch clothing and look on the website so that I was familiar with the company's style and trends. The interview process was pretty simple, it was a one on one interview and the questions were all situational(what would you do if...). The interview lasts about an hour and the district manager let me know I would hear back within a week.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult to answer. I was asked to describe a time when I had a supervisor or boss who had a management/work style that didn't work well for me and what I did in that situation. I was also asked what my biggest accomplishment was in life.   Answer Question

Manager In Training

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2014.

Interview Details – A friend of mine reached out to me for the program and set up an interview for me to meet with the district manager. A couple of weeks later we met at a Starbucks nearby and the interview took about an hour and a half. They first describe the position to you, and then ask you about 10-15 other questions, followed by you asking them any questions you might have.

Interview Question – Most of the questions regarded how I reacted to conflict with other employees. For example: tell me about a time when you had to adapt to a supervisor who had a different management style than you, tell me about a time that you had a conflict with another employee and how you dealt with it, etc. They also asked general questions about yourself, such as walking them through your work experience, what your greatest accomplishments were, etc.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager In Training

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – You will meet with the District Manager to interview for the Manager in Training position. It's a very scripted conversation (to promote fairness and consistency across all interviews), so just be yourself! The DM will ask you about the importance of diversity and why it's important in a workplace. All in all, it was a very comfortable interview. I want to say that mainly, the DM is looking for someone who is bright, has leadership skills, and can think on their feet!

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you and why is it important in the workplace?   Answer Question

Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2011.

Interview Details – Initially speak with a store manager, typically doing a meet and greet, you are then passed on to the district manager for an in person interview. The interview was about an hour long process. It is very easy going and comfortable in comparison to other interviews. They want to see your sense of style and like seeing you in current Abercrombie trends.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, all of them are asking you about "times when you..." and getting to know you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2010.

Interview Details – Must have Bachelors Degree (no specific field), interview process is approximately 30 minutes and takes a look into different aspects of the job (i.e. multitasking, challenges).

Interview Question – Please detail a time when you had to do more than one task at a time (I believe that happens on a daily basis, no matter what job you work for)   Answer Question

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – I was a part time associate while attending college, when I approached graduation the management team talked to me about the MIT program. I interviewed with the District Manager, got an offer within 2 weeks and started at a location within the geography we discussed. The DM had asked me to list my preferred locations in order and explained the flexibility they would expect from me as a progressed with the company. The interview took about 1 hour, behavioral questions that require you to speak to specific examples from the past so come prepared with good examples of leadership.

Interview Question – Speak to an example of when you made a difficult decision without a lot of information. What steps did you take to gather information, what influenced your decision, and how did you explain it to others to gain their support.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Cleveland, OH

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was not professional. When I went to a A&F store for the interview, one of the managers took me to the food court. The interview was 20 mins. long, and it is very casual. Through the entire interview, I realize the interviewer is not looking for how well you answer the question but your personal style, which means that they are looking for someone who can fit into their Califonia life styles!!!!!

Interview Questions

Santa Monica, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2011.

Interview Details – Got interviewed in the food court. The interview was very relaxed and not formal.

Interview Question – What is your input on diversity?   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very informal. I met face to face in a Starbucks with a District Manager. She seemed like she loved me and then never called me back. I followed up three times and was told that I would be contacted in a week each time I followed up and I never received a call. Highly unprofessional, a rejection call takes a mere minute, the managers should be trained about how to make one.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time...   Answer Question

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!