Abercrombie & Fitch

Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.3

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager In Training Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Straight forward interview (scripted) dealing with background and past job experiences. Primarily examples of when I was in a leadership or management position in the past and how well I performed. Attire was casual...pretty much anything from the store, I was told to wear jeans and a t-shirt with converse if I had them. The interview was with the district manager, I had expected to work at a more convenient location than I was assigned and somewhat misled. I was fully expecting to work in the location that I was recruited, where the application was submitted, and where the interview took place. When I was offered the position, I requested a day to think it over, and the next day I accepted....only to find out they expected me to work in a location about 20 minutes farther away.

Interview Questions
  • Give examples of when you were expected to manage a large group and how well you performed   Answer Question
Not much room to negotiate. I was offered a salary of $31,000.00/yr but in reality it was only $14.90/hr (relatively easy to get a few hours of over time though). I highly recommend requesting a written offer with the salary and benefits completely written out and documented before signing any contract.

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Manager In Training Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2014.

I applied online through my university and received a call from a recruiter the next day. I met her at a local mall that week. The interview was very relaxed and most of the interview she talked about her experiences and the company.

Interview Questions
    She said that they would love to have me and asked me to start working in the store as a sales associate until I could start working full time.

Manager In Training Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

You will meet with the District Manager to interview for the Manager in Training position. It's a very scripted conversation (to promote fairness and consistency across all interviews), so just be yourself! The DM will ask you about the importance of diversity and why it's important in a workplace. All in all, it was a very comfortable interview. I want to say that mainly, the DM is looking for someone who is bright, has leadership skills, and can think on their feet!

Interview Questions
    • What does diversity mean to you and why is it important in the workplace?   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2014.

A friend of mine reached out to me for the program and set up an interview for me to meet with the district manager. A couple of weeks later we met at a Starbucks nearby and the interview took about an hour and a half. They first describe the position to you, and then ask you about 10-15 other questions, followed by you asking them any questions you might have.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions regarded how I reacted to conflict with other employees. For example: tell me about a time when you had to adapt to a supervisor who had a different management style than you, tell me about a time that you had a conflict with another employee and how you dealt with it, etc. They also asked general questions about yourself, such as walking them through your work experience, what your greatest accomplishments were, etc.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

I was a part time associate while attending college, when I approached graduation the management team talked to me about the MIT program. I interviewed with the District Manager, got an offer within 2 weeks and started at a location within the geography we discussed. The DM had asked me to list my preferred locations in order and explained the flexibility they would expect from me as a progressed with the company. The interview took about 1 hour, behavioral questions that require you to speak to specific examples from the past so come prepared with good examples of leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Speak to an example of when you made a difficult decision without a lot of information. What steps did you take to gather information, what influenced your decision, and how did you explain it to others to gain their support.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Manager In Training Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2012.

I was approached by a friend who worked for the company and asked if I was interested. I interviewed with the District Manager. They recommend dressing casual like you already work there, in jeans and flip flops. The interview lasted about 40 minutes and was very relaxed. Questions were easy. Mostly about how you've handled situations in the past. In these interviews they are looking mostly to see if you "fit" the brand, and that you are well spoken and intelligent (a people person). They require you to have a 4 year degree, but no previous experience is required.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a decision that you believe would be unpopular.   Answer Question

Pay was not good. Not competitive with industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2011.

Initially speak with a store manager, typically doing a meet and greet, you are then passed on to the district manager for an in person interview. The interview was about an hour long process. It is very easy going and comfortable in comparison to other interviews. They want to see your sense of style and like seeing you in current Abercrombie trends.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, all of them are asking you about "times when you..." and getting to know you.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2011.

The interview was not professional. When I went to a A&F store for the interview, one of the managers took me to the food court. The interview was 20 mins. long, and it is very casual. Through the entire interview, I realize the interviewer is not looking for how well you answer the question but your personal style, which means that they are looking for someone who can fit into their Califonia life styles!!!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2011.

Got interviewed in the food court. The interview was very relaxed and not formal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2011.

Very informal. I met face to face in a Starbucks with a District Manager. She seemed like she loved me and then never called me back. I followed up three times and was told that I would be contacted in a week each time I followed up and I never received a call. Highly unprofessional, a rejection call takes a mere minute, the managers should be trained about how to make one.