Abercrombie & Fitch

Getting the Interview

47 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager In Training Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – You will meet with the District Manager to interview for the Manager in Training position. It's a very scripted conversation (to promote fairness and consistency across all interviews), so just be yourself! The DM will ask you about the importance of diversity and why it's important in a workplace. All in all, it was a very comfortable interview. I want to say that mainly, the DM is looking for someone who is bright, has leadership skills, and can think on their feet!

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you and why is it important in the workplace?   Answer Question

Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2011.

Interview Details – Initially speak with a store manager, typically doing a meet and greet, you are then passed on to the district manager for an in person interview. The interview was about an hour long process. It is very easy going and comfortable in comparison to other interviews. They want to see your sense of style and like seeing you in current Abercrombie trends.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, all of them are asking you about "times when you..." and getting to know you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2010.

Interview Details – Must have Bachelors Degree (no specific field), interview process is approximately 30 minutes and takes a look into different aspects of the job (i.e. multitasking, challenges).

Interview Question – Please detail a time when you had to do more than one task at a time (I believe that happens on a daily basis, no matter what job you work for)   Answer Question

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – I was a part time associate while attending college, when I approached graduation the management team talked to me about the MIT program. I interviewed with the District Manager, got an offer within 2 weeks and started at a location within the geography we discussed. The DM had asked me to list my preferred locations in order and explained the flexibility they would expect from me as a progressed with the company. The interview took about 1 hour, behavioral questions that require you to speak to specific examples from the past so come prepared with good examples of leadership.

Interview Question – Speak to an example of when you made a difficult decision without a lot of information. What steps did you take to gather information, what influenced your decision, and how did you explain it to others to gain their support.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Cleveland, OH

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was not professional. When I went to a A&F store for the interview, one of the managers took me to the food court. The interview was 20 mins. long, and it is very casual. Through the entire interview, I realize the interviewer is not looking for how well you answer the question but your personal style, which means that they are looking for someone who can fit into their Califonia life styles!!!!!

Interview Questions

Santa Monica, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2011.

Interview Details – Got interviewed in the food court. The interview was very relaxed and not formal.

Interview Question – What is your input on diversity?   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very informal. I met face to face in a Starbucks with a District Manager. She seemed like she loved me and then never called me back. I followed up three times and was told that I would be contacted in a week each time I followed up and I never received a call. Highly unprofessional, a rejection call takes a mere minute, the managers should be trained about how to make one.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time...   Answer Question

Alpharetta, GA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2011.

Interview Details – Met a recruiter at an on-campus career fair and was offered an interview for the following day at her branch. I also met a couple of district managers, who were all very friendly and in shape. The interview was 1:1 and consisted mainly of behavioral questions. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to meet multiple deadlines. How did you handle it? What was the result?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The starting salary is extremely low.

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was basically recruited from someone I knew at a previous employer. I went in filled out the application and the within the week I was contacted by the District Manager and set up an interview date. I went to the interview and was hired on the spot. It was not a difficult interview and I did have the degree and experience to take on the position.

Interview Questions

• I got basically told what my position entails.   View Answer
  • I was told about their recruiting process, it felt like a waste. And their "lifestyle" and how I would have to rid my hair of the natural highlights that I had at the moment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. I really wish there was, I would have asked for a better salary.

Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the District Manager on a couch outside of the store. She was friendly, and asked a lot of questions.

Interview Question – Explain a time you had to motivate someone, and how did you do it?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch Manager In Training interview questions and advice. All 47 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.