Abercrombie & Fitch Merchandise Planner Interview Questions

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

Asked to complete a product category project prior to meeting. Pick 3 of the 10 brand categories and allocate a percentage of the total units (350,00). Interview was an hour long with two people. One from HR the other from the merchandise planner group. Asked me pretty standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Should have known this was coming, but I wasn't prepared: What does the Abercrombie Brand mean to you.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

I contacted HR regarding an open position. Disclosed that I had interviewed with corporate 5 years earlier. After a pleasant phone conversation they decided to go ahead and bring me in for a face-to-face interview. After setting up flights and hotel stay, I was given an overview of the interview process and notified of the # of people I would meet in addition to the Wonderlic Test. On the day of my interview, met with roughly 8 people ranging from my HR contact, fellow planners, directors, VP of Planning and EVP. Everyone was very interested in my experience and personality. I felt very at ease. On my way out, HR rep gave me good feedback and within a few days they made an incredible offer.

Interview Questions

• What kind of advice would you give a merchant/buyer regarding product after a walk through a floorset?   1 Answer
    • What would your last supervisor say is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

After discussing some reservations regarding negative comments from previous employees, HR contact invited my fiancee and I back for another meeting in Columbus. They were at all times professional and very helpful. I got cold feet and they offered me many options to discuss those concerns and how they at A&F treat their employees. Ultimately I declined the offer due to relocating my future wife, but within a few days we both regretted the decision. Columbus and A&F seems like a great place to work.