Abercrombie & Fitch

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – I was asked to interview with them through a job fair. I first met with them casually for coffee to ask basic questions. We then had a dinner. I then was brought to an interview where I talked to 2 different people and had to take a test. I dressed casually in Abercrombie clothes.

Interview Question – If you were describe yourself with three brands what would they be?   Answer Question

Merchandising

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Started with 2 Skype interviews, one in person coffee chat, and then a home office visit. Flown to Columbus, Ohio for 2 days of interviews and networking.

Interview Question – What are the other job offers you are considering and where does A&F fall on this list?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2013.

Interview Details – They came to my college to interview. Pretty much made a huge show of themselves at the career fair and probably had more interviews than any other company. Was given a first round interview on campus. They invite you to a mandatory pre-interview meeting on campus to get to know the interviewers and give you a project that you will be asked to present at the interview.

Interview Question – Do you wear a lot of Abercrombie?   Answer Question

Merchandising

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – I had an initial on-campus interview followed by a Skype interview with a HR person in Ohio. It was pretty relaxed. They had sent me a merchandising project to work with before. They really try to know your personality and your interest in Fashion Industry. I didn't come across any competency questions as yet. They said that they would come back in 3 weeks so still waiting

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you really contributed to a team by influencing them...and you added value. ..   Answer Question

Merchandiser

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Initial video interview that asks 3 basic behavioral questions. The on-campus pre-interview party during which you are given a basic assignment for the interview the next day. A short SAT-like exam the day of interview, followed by two behavioral.

Interview Question – Name current fashion trends.   Answer Question

Merchandiser

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – The interview process is approximately 5 rounds. The intial application process, a video submission, a phone interview, an in-person interview, and then going to the corporate office to see if you would fit in.

Interview Question – They ask a lot of tough real-world application type questions. Mostly so that you would not be able to prepare for them ahead of time. Make sure to emphasize a love of math and analytical work.   Answer Question

Merchandising

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Applied through my university career center website. I was contacted within a few days inviting me to a casual pre-interview reception, where we got to know our interviewers in a more casual setting. We were also given a merchandising assignment to work on and present the following day during our interview. My interview took place at my university career center, comprised of two one on one meetings. I gave my merchandising presentation at the start of each one on one meeting.

Interview Question – What has been your biggest accomplishment in your life?   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's job board and was contacted a week later. The first round interviews were very straightforward: everyone took the Wonderlich test and had very simple qualitiative interview questions. They place a lot of emphasis on leadership, brand awareness, and image. Make sure to wear their clothes to the interview; they love that. The second round included a fully funded trip to Home Office where we were greeted at the hotel with $200+ in merchandise. Throughout the two days. there is a lot of touring, socializing, and merchandising activities. Best to be vocal and cooperative.

Interview Question – Nothing was too unexpected. If Abercrombie isn't your favorite outfitter, lie about it!   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2010.

Interview Details – They hosted an informal meet and greet session the evening before the interview. Then the interview itself consisted of 2 1:1 interviews and a Intelligence test.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were challenged in a leadership role?   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2009.

Interview Details – First day with 3 quick interviews, Home office visit of two days and multiple interviews

Interview Question – Prepare a lineup for a current season   Answer Question

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!