Abercrombie & Fitch Merchandising Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

3.2

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I first talked to recruiters at a campus career fair. I was then invited to a coffee chat with a recruiter, where we just had a casual conversation for about half an hour. Next was an in-person interview and assessment. The next round I was flown out to their headquarters in Columbus, Ohio, where I was shown around for two days. There were interviews throughout the process, including a case and another assessment. The other employees were around for a lot of the process for tours and networking.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2014.

Interview

Met at a career fair, was instantly invited to an info session which actually turned out to be a small group case study. Then had 2nd round of interviews that were very relaxed and then a final round of touring and interviews at corporate office over the course of 2 days. All and all the process lasted just over one month.

Interview Questions

• Describe your style and influences   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where someone was difficult to work with, what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I was asked to interview with them through a job fair. I first met with them casually for coffee to ask basic questions. We then had a dinner. I then was brought to an interview where I talked to 2 different people and had to take a test. I dressed casually in Abercrombie clothes.

Interview Questions

• If you were describe yourself with three brands what would they be?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Started with 2 Skype interviews, one in person coffee chat, and then a home office visit. Flown to Columbus, Ohio for 2 days of interviews and networking.

Interview Questions

• What are the other job offers you are considering and where does A&F fall on this list?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I had an initial on-campus interview followed by a Skype interview with a HR person in Ohio. It was pretty relaxed. They had sent me a merchandising project to work with before. They really try to know your personality and your interest in Fashion Industry. I didn't come across any competency questions as yet. They said that they would come back in 3 weeks so still waiting

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you really contributed to a team by influencing them...and you added value. ..   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Initial video interview that asks 3 basic behavioral questions. The on-campus pre-interview party during which you are given a basic assignment for the interview the next day. A short SAT-like exam the day of interview, followed by two behavioral.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

The interview process is approximately 5 rounds. The intial application process, a video submission, a phone interview, an in-person interview, and then going to the corporate office to see if you would fit in.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of tough real-world application type questions. Mostly so that you would not be able to prepare for them ahead of time. Make sure to emphasize a love of math and analytical work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

They came to my college to interview. Pretty much made a huge show of themselves at the career fair and probably had more interviews than any other company. Was given a first round interview on campus. They invite you to a mandatory pre-interview meeting on campus to get to know the interviewers and give you a project that you will be asked to present at the interview.

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Applied through my university career center website. I was contacted within a few days inviting me to a casual pre-interview reception, where we got to know our interviewers in a more casual setting. We were also given a merchandising assignment to work on and present the following day during our interview. My interview took place at my university career center, comprised of two one on one meetings. I gave my merchandising presentation at the start of each one on one meeting.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest accomplishment in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied through my university's job board and was contacted a week later. The first round interviews were very straightforward: everyone took the Wonderlich test and had very simple qualitiative interview questions. They place a lot of emphasis on leadership, brand awareness, and image. Make sure to wear their clothes to the interview; they love that. The second round included a fully funded trip to Home Office where we were greeted at the hotel with $200+ in merchandise. Throughout the two days. there is a lot of touring, socializing, and merchandising activities. Best to be vocal and cooperative.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too unexpected. If Abercrombie isn't your favorite outfitter, lie about it!   Answer Question