Abercrombie & Fitch Merchandising Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

3.3

Merchandising - Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Applied and interviewed on campus. Case given the day before on picking men's graphics. You have to pick certain styles/ colors then present your choices. The night before they have a info session where you get to meet the recruiters and people who have gone through the program already. Good opportunity to learn more about the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Merchandising Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

On-campus recruiting. First impressions at career fair then asked back to meet one-on-one with recruiter. Then scheduled formal interview on campus. Last minute pre-night event the night before the interview where we were given an activity to complete to present during interview. Took a 30 minute IQ test before interview then had two 30 minute interviews (one with HR and one with someone in a department). Heard back a few weeks later via email.

Leadership Development Program - Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I interviewed as part of a campus recruiting process. Dropped my resume on my school's career site, was selected with 5(?) other seniors to interview. Two days before the interview, we get an email inviting us to a pre-party- a networking/presentation/Q&A/case giving out hybrid event on the next night. I thought this was a bit inconsiderate- students' schedules fill up so quickly, how could we possibly all be able to come that night (work shifts, classes, practices, etc. exist too). Most of us ended up working around it. We met the recruiters (who I honestly couldn't tell from my fellow students at first since everyone was supposed to dress Abercrombie casual), watched a presentation, and were given a project to complete by the interview the next day. Before the interview, I took a career aptitude test and then had a one-on-one with the lead recruiter. The questions were as expected - tell me about yourself, leadership, something you overcame, etc. Heard back about a month later via a generic email.

Merchandising Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

I went to a career fair at my university and gave them my resume. They emailed me encouraging me to apply online for an on campus interview. I got the interview. The night before the interview they had a reception at a local restaurant where they answered questions and gave everyone a project to do before their interview. The next day when I went to my interview I took a short assessment and then went through two different 30min interviews with one person who actually worked in merchandising and the other with the recruiter.

Leadership Development Program Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

on campus interview at college career center where we took the Wonderlich test and had 2 interviews. Flown to Ohio for campus visit. Multiple group activities, interviews with people of varying positions in the company. The whole process is very laid back, but it seemed as though the recruiters were obviously targeting some people while ignoring others, in both professional and unprofessional ways. Must fit in with the culture or else you will hate it.

Leadership Development Program (Merchandising) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

extensive and exhausting. I noticed that in our group, everyone was attractive as was everyone who worked at the home office. it very much felt like a high school and was super catty. everything you would expect about Abercrombie and fitch. HOWEVER, the salary would have been awesome right out of college ($56,000) so I was still bummed when I didn't get an offer. I knew coming out of it that I didn't click with any of the interviewers. It just wasn't my type of work place.

Interview Questions

• What is an accomplishment of yours that brought you satisfaction? What area would you like to work in and why? Who is your hero?   Answer Question

Merchandising Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2013.

Interview

I was contacted during a career fair on campus and invited to interview the following afternoon. I had a half hour interview with a current merchant, followed by the wonderlic test. A week later, I was contacted by someone in HR inviting me to do a skype interview with another merchant at the home office. A package was mailed to me with a project to complete and present at the interview - it's not difficult, especially if you have any background in merchandising. After completing the skype interview, I was told someone would be in touch within 3 weeks regarding a decision for further interviewing and was not. I had to follow up on 3 or 4 separate occasions to see what was going on, and rarely got a straight answer. Eventually they told me they had decided to proceed with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What are some current trends right now, what is A&F missing, what could be done?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program, Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Columbus, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

First round interview is done in two parts, one with a Merchant, one with a HR person -- the interview with the merchant includes a lot of questions about style, where you get your style inspiration, where you shop, what you think about A&F brand, what you thank about the stores, who is the target customer, etc. There is also a presentation component -- a mini exercise that they give you the night before that only takes about 30 minutes to complete. In the interview with the Merchant you are asked to share your ideas and support your decisions. The HR interviewer asked mostly fit and personality questions. The environment was very relaxed. The second round interview is two long days of activities at the Home Office

Interview Questions

• Where do you shop?   1 Answer
    • Which trends do you see right now in women's clothing that could also be translated into men's clothing?   Answer Question