Abercrombie & Fitch

1.7

153 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2008.

when i was shopping in the mall a representative of the store came up and asked me and my friend if we would be interested in working there. They invited us both to come in for a group interview. About a week later, they called me and asked a couple more questions on the phone. A few days after that I found out I got the job.

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Model Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2008.

They just for all the interviewees to interact with each other, as if they knew them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2010.

The interview was given in a group by on of the assistant managers at the store. There were three of us in the group being interviewed at the same time. The questions were based mostly on your personality and what your reactions to certain situations would be. They also consisted of questions about diversity, and your overall feel of the company and its style. About a week later they called me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you change the tag line to sound less aggressive? "Get fierce" (which is a cologne).   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2010.

I went into the store to apply for a job and the manger seemed to really like me. I asked her about the different jobs and she said I should apply for the model position. I did so and she told me someone would call me that week to set up a group interview.

Well. I never got a call. I went back in after a few weeks and the manager working told me there must have been a mix up and that I'd get a call that week. Instead of waiting for a call I asked when the next group interview was and she told me to come in on that Friday.

The interview was with two other girls and it was clear that they were only looking for appearance. Only the model got the job while they recommended we try out for a stock room job.

If you're model beautiful this job may be for you, but that are pretty vain in who they hire. The position is called 'model', though, so you kind of get what you ask for.

Model Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2010.

Normally you would be put into a group but I was the only one there. Took me down to the food court for the interview, lasted about 10 mins. One of the big things there is you cant wear hardly any makeup so dont wear much to the interview, go with a natural look.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2009.

went in sat down. talked. only had one other competitor. really easy.

smile.

Model Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2011.

I am going to sit a group interview next week at Abercrombie& Fitch. I´m kinda worried, as in the beginning I thought it would have been a solo interview and I realized it only after getting an email from the store I had applied at. I entered the store (it´s a new one in CPH, Denmark) and I asked the guy at the desk how to do in order to apply for a job and if there was someone to talk with about that. The guy called the manager on, who got me to a computer in the store, where I could apply. I then got a confirmation email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2009.

Walked and was taken to the waiting area, then we were taken to the local food area where we asked a series of questions, mostly college students there. Impact and Models were asked different questions. Most people that applied were models. Question everyone gets is what is diversity to you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2012.

It is a group interview, when I want it was four people. You are interviewed by a store Manager and based on what position you applied for or were recruited for. They ask you to describe yourself, what made you apply, what you think about Diversity, and what type of style you think the brand is.

Interview Questions
    • What is your name and what made you apply with Abercrombie & Fitch?   Answer Question
    • How would others describe you?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a background in Customer Service?   Answer Question
    • What is your definition of Diversity, and do you think it is important in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite thing about Abercrombie & Fitch, and what style, in your opinion, is the style of Abercrombie & Fitch?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2010.

I did the application at the store (it's on a computer). I was called to come in for an interview. I had a friend who worked at the store so she told me to wear jeans flip flops and a pink shirt, preferably from Abercrombie. I arrived about 10 minutes early and I was the only person there, but I was told the manager wasn't there yet. So I waited around for another half an hour and more interviewees began showing up. When the manager finally arrived she took all of us (5 other people) to be interviewed in a couch in the mall. She talked about herself and store policy, mostly about dress code. She mentioned how you aren't allowed to wear nail polish yet she had disgustingly chipped red nail polish on her toes. She looked at me and said "um yeah that eyeliner, um no you can't wear that." She was very unprofessional and rude. I felt confident in my interview because my friend had told me pretty much what all the questions were. They always ask a questions about diversity which is funny because they don't want diversity at all, we all know what Abercrombie employees look like. I never got a call, not even to say I didn't get the job. I was so put off by the manager that I was hoping not to get the job because I would have had to turn it down because of how rude she was.