Abercrombie & Fitch

Updated Feb 10, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2013.

I was recruited in-store and asked to come in the following day for an interview. I arrived about 15 min early and the manager just took me outside to interview me alone, but usually the company does group interviews. It was about 15 min long, very relaxed and easy. She introduced herself and just began asking questions like what do you think of the company or how would your friends/family describe you. Dress very casually and if not the company clothing, very similar styles. Keep hair natural and down, and very light make-up. They stress the natural look. Overall they just want motivated, happy outgoing and hardworking people. Be yourself :)

Interview Questions
  • What is diversity and what does it mean to you?
    Describe yourself
    How do you maintain positive relationships with people?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Model Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2014.

Applied online and selected a group interview date and time. Usually on tuesdays and fridays 4pm. Asked a series of questions in a group. All easy questions about diversity. Was told in interview that I had gotten the position and accepted an offer on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2014.

Easy interview. Each person interviewing had their own set of questions so they wouldn't outshine others. Easy to talk with everyone and easy questions. After all of the questions were answered we talked about hours. Each giving our own hour input. Then we were all hired on the spot pretty much. She said I want you both to work here so your both hired.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to be hired and a friend wanted you to be a part of stealing from the store, and asked you to help. What would you do?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. She pretty much said I want to hire you, will you accept I said yes and that was the end of it.

Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Asked if I wanted to work there. Interview in 2 days hired on the spot really easy interview! Dress in the style of A&F. Flannel sandals minimal make up for girls

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2014.

It us usually a group interview but I had a single. I was interviewed by Sarah after a series of common questions it ended in 20 mins. Pays $7.93 in Orlando Florida, the hours aren't great at all, you'll need a second job or if your still in high school its just something to have. But you can pick up shifts.

There was none.

Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2011.

What does diversity mean to you?
    Why is diversity important to the workplace?
    Describe yourself, why should A&F hire you?
    Describe the brand that A&F represents.

Act like you care, but don't stress out. Its a really relaxed group interview. If you can strike up conversation while your waiting to be interviewed, it helps. It doesn't even have to be the manager. If they're busy, walk around and find an associate. Ask them about working there, or school, or puppies, it doesn't matter. The associate will remember you and say something on your behalf when the manager comes back from the interview. Do not just sit/stand around awkwardly. I mean it. If you think no one notices, you're wrong. This job is all about building relationships and having fun. Its literally in the motto. So be outgoing and weird and funny. They'll love it. Most of the time your answers wont really matter. They'll hire you if you are friendly, nice, or funny.

Interview Questions
    • I always find it hard to describe myself. They are looking for words like "outgoing" "laid-back" "fun" "multitasker" "motivated"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was stopped on the street and invited for a group interview that same day. I got the call the next day. We did have to wait a while to start about 15min after the time was set. But everyone was nice.

Interview Questions
    • They asked basic questions. "what would you do if there was an angry costumer?'' ''the meaning of teamwork?'' ''best thing you learned from a previous job'' etc... just be confident!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2011.

Job offer: You already have the job if you are really attractive, because they will walk up to you and ask you to work there.

Interview Process: There is only one interview. The interview consists of 3 key questions. Relatively easy.

Do not. DO NOT fabricate your life. We aren't as superficial as the news and everybody else makes us look. Just be yourself. We love that, and I'm sure if you are, we'll love you.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to get something done with a team before a deadline.   View Answer

Model Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

It was a scripted interview and I was only asked 4 questions. I couldn't really tell how it went because there wasn't a lot of back and forth, once I gave my response we moved on. There was also another girl on my. Interview with me.

Model Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Applied online and recieved an email to join a group interview. Went to a group interview with about 4 other people. Received a call about a week later. Very basic questions were asked during the interview.

Non negotiable