Abercrombie & Fitch Model Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Manhasset, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I asked for the code to apply online at my local Abercrombie & Fitch store and I went into the store the next day, a Tuesday, for a short group interview. Most of the interviewees were for Impact, so I had my group interview with just one other girl. She had previously worked at Hollister, so she casually slipped that in, but her face was all caked up and she wore a crop top and shorts. I was all decked out in Abercrombie--a lace tank, burgundy skinny jeans, and brown braided A&F flip flops. The manager showed approval of my attire and my natural, no make-up look. I was hired a week later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. I was asked four questions: 1) How do you provide a positive environment for others? 2) What happened when something didn't go your way? 3) What is diversity to you, and do you think it is important in the workplace? 4) How do you think A&F wants to be viewed? Good luck to all! :-)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a call informing me that I had been selected as a Model, and the manager who interviewed me asked if I was willing to accept the offer for $8/hr (which is roughly minimum wage for NY). I don't think the pay is negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Model Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

You can either be recurited or apply in the store or online at home. if your recruited you basically have the job, they will then schedule a group interview with you. Before the group interview starts, they'll ask who was recruited, who's applying for the model or impact position depending on how large the group interview is. if you weren't recruited you'll apply online or in the store, you automatically pick a day for your interview and then from there its the same process that i listed above. the interview questions are very simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Theres no negotiation process they start you off at minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Kennesaw, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Simple. Usually they have group interviews, but I was the only one at my interview. Be chill and yourself, they're not looking for fake cheerleaders at this store. Just attractive people that are easy to be around and reliable. Also follow up is terrible, it could take a week or so for them to tell you you're hired, but they'll say only a few days.

Interview Questions

• How would you use our tag line to sell clothes? What are your best qualities? How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

one interview…normal questions about yourself and what makes you differenet. How can you be a leader?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Troy, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied in store and had an interview the same day. It was a one on one interview with the manager. He talked about the dress code there look is natural. No nail polish, no unnatural hair color, you don't have to wear the clothes but they must be similar to what's in the store, for shoes you can wear flip flops , converse or chuck taylors.

Interview Questions

• What is diversity to you and is it important in the work place? How would your friends and family describe you? How would you describe Abercrombie?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, didn't discuss pay during interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Bloomington, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

Got recruited and was told to fill out an online application. Was given a sheet with a password to apply, in which I did so. Asks you to pick a group interview time. Show up and answer some easy questions

Model Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online and selected a group interview date and time. Usually on tuesdays and fridays 4pm. Asked a series of questions in a group. All easy questions about diversity. Was told in interview that I had gotten the position and accepted an offer on the spot.

Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Impact and Models are interviewed separately. First, they'll ask you to talk about yourself a little bit. First question, what would your friends, family, and the people that know you say about you? Second question, What do you think diversity means? Third question, Why do you think you are a good fit for the company? Fourth question, what is the brand?

Interview Questions

I actually just did the interview, so I don't know if I got it or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Honolulu, HI) in November 2013.

Interview

I was recruited in-store and asked to come in the following day for an interview. I arrived about 15 min early and the manager just took me outside to interview me alone, but usually the company does group interviews. It was about 15 min long, very relaxed and easy. She introduced herself and just began asking questions like what do you think of the company or how would your friends/family describe you. Dress very casually and if not the company clothing, very similar styles. Keep hair natural and down, and very light make-up. They stress the natural look. Overall they just want motivated, happy outgoing and hardworking people. Be yourself :)

Interview Questions

• What is diversity and what does it mean to you? Describe yourself How do you maintain positive relationships with people?   Answer Question

Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

They asked why you liked Abercrombie but it was pretty much about how you looked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.