Abercrombie & Fitch

Average Difficulty
144 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Model

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – They asked why you liked Abercrombie but it was pretty much about how you looked.

Interview Question – Very easy interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Model

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Only one interview. You pick your interview date when filling out your application. Usually group interview. Interview done outside in mall or in the store. Very easy. Important question asked is a diversity question. Call back within few days.

Interview Question – All questions are easy.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Portland, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2013.

Interview Details – You either get recruited by a manager or employee, or you go up to them and ask if they are hiring. They do interviews every Tuesday and Friday. If you go in the store and ask, the manager gives you a card with a password on it so you can log in and apply online. Had my interview same day by myself with the store manager but usually it's a group interview so try to stand out with your answers. Be happy and energetic, smiley. Super easy and laid back. Make sure you wear Abercrombie or Hollister to your interview: Cute top, dark wash jeans, and converse or slip ons. They want you to already have their style. Hair down, natural make up, no eyeliner or bright colored eye shadow, nails or french tips. Abercrombie & Fitch goes for a natural and effortless but still attractive look. I felt like the interview went okay and they said they would call or email by friday, but just to make sure the next day I called the store to follow up and say thank you for the interview and they told me I was already picked to be hired and orientation was this week! I was so happy.

SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL INTERVIEWS: At the end of most interviews, the person usually asks "Do you have any questions for me?" You should ALWAYS have questions about the job from the person interviewing you, but not self centered questions like pay and benefits.

Interview Questions

• What is diversity and how is it important in the work place?   View Answer
  • How would your friends and family describe you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – Easy and laid back- Pannel/group interview style

Interview Question – What is diversity   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Model

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2012.

Interview Details – Asked about diversity and inclusion, the company is huge on these subjects. Know why we do not sell black, and what type of style or audience we target.

Interview Question – What is diversity, and why is it important to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, everyone gets the same pay.

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – As I was shopping in the store itself, I was approached by one of the managers who recruited me to work for them. They explained the application process which was very easy to follow. Applying online was simple and took me no longer than 20 minutes. I was able to choose my own interview date, which was very convenient. The interview was pretty much 4 main questions and took no more than 15 minutes. I got a call back the next day saying I got the job.

Interview Question – Describe the style of the clothes that they sell.   Answer Question

Model

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was approached by a recruiter, gave me a code to fill out the app online, got an interview within 2 days. It was a group interview with 5people total. They asked a few different questions and they went around in a circle to answer them. Next morning they called and told me I got the job!

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you and how important is it in the workplace?   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was recruited for a group interview. I interviewed for the position twice. The first time no offer, second time, got the offer. Look GOOD for the interview, dress in Abercrombie everything, speak clearly and be confident. CONFIDENCE is KEY!

Interview Question – Describe how you contribute to a task that requires a team effort?
What is diversity and how is it important in the workplace?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, you are paid minimun wage

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Group interview at the food court. Very casual. They called me back a week later offering the job.

Interview Question – what is diversity and how is it important?   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2010.

Interview Details – The process is really simple and focuses on a group interview. You should come in wearing the brands clothes (and flip flops.) The manager will take your group to one of the sitting areas in the store or to the Starbucks outside and ask everyone a few questions. It seems like a competition, who answers better but it isn't that serious, they just want to see that you are communicative. She will then explain the position and its over.

Interview Question – Most important question is what is your definition of diversity.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch