Abercrombie & Fitch

1.7

155 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2012.

Browsing through the store and one of the models noticed I was wearing Abercrombie. Asked if I would be interested in working for the company. Applied online. Scheduled an interview for Tuesday. The day of: Got to the store 15 minutes before and waited around. Manager took us (there were four other people) to the food court and asked us different questions. Took about 20 minutes.

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topanga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topanga, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2012.

group interview with abercrombie was okay they ask you simple questions such as describe yourself, what is diversity, do you like working in a team or alone, weaknesses and strong points that you have, describe the style of a & f, i think that they discriminate tho with looks. you have to have a certain look to get in. also wear natural make up and clothes that look like they're form the store and be clean shaven if you're a guy

Model Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2012.

Went into the store to return a pair of shorts that were the wrong size for my friend and was asked if I would like to work there. I didn't have a job at the time, was in high school, so I figured it would be a good opportunity. I signed a card with my name, email and phone number, and within a few days got an email about interviewing on a Friday (they only interview on Tuesdays and Fridays, at least at my store). I went to the interview, which was with a small group of three people and one manager. The questions were easy like what do you think the message of the brand is, how do you deal with diverse situations, what does diversity mean to you, etc. Very basic. After the interview finished, they said they would call back in a week. A week and a few days went by, so I called the store wondering if I was hired. They said they would call back soon, and the next day they called saying they would like to offer me the job. However, it was difficult to find out when my first day was. Again, they said they would call me, but did not, so I called and they said 'Oh, well just come in this Saturday around 2 for training." So I went to the store at two, did not see the training video at all, and ended up working my first four hour shift. After that, scheduling was better because my name was in the system, but it was a very hectic start.

Interview Questions
    • How have you acted in diverse situations that put you out of your comfort zone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2012.

It is a group interview, when I want it was four people. You are interviewed by a store Manager and based on what position you applied for or were recruited for. They ask you to describe yourself, what made you apply, what you think about Diversity, and what type of style you think the brand is.

Interview Questions
    • What is your name and what made you apply with Abercrombie & Fitch?   Answer Question
    • How would others describe you?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a background in Customer Service?   Answer Question
    • What is your definition of Diversity, and do you think it is important in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite thing about Abercrombie & Fitch, and what style, in your opinion, is the style of Abercrombie & Fitch?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2011.

The interview consisted of about 15 of us, it was a big group for holiday hiring, and they asked four questions: Why do you want to work for Abercrombie, How would others describe you, How would you describe the Abercrombie style, What is diversity and why is it important?
    I got a call back 4-5 days saying I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2011.

It was a group interview of 7 people. They interviewed you in order by what position you wanted. If you want to be a model, you'll be interviewed with the model questions. If you wanted to be an impact member, you'll be interviewed with the impact member questions. I was model and the big thing you want to do is basically go over their company basics like what they think their clothing is. Match it to that and you'll be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2011.

Group interview with a series of questions and a description of positions available.

Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2011.

What does diversity mean to you?
    Why is diversity important to the workplace?
    Describe yourself, why should A&F hire you?
    Describe the brand that A&F represents.

Act like you care, but don't stress out. Its a really relaxed group interview. If you can strike up conversation while your waiting to be interviewed, it helps. It doesn't even have to be the manager. If they're busy, walk around and find an associate. Ask them about working there, or school, or puppies, it doesn't matter. The associate will remember you and say something on your behalf when the manager comes back from the interview. Do not just sit/stand around awkwardly. I mean it. If you think no one notices, you're wrong. This job is all about building relationships and having fun. Its literally in the motto. So be outgoing and weird and funny. They'll love it. Most of the time your answers wont really matter. They'll hire you if you are friendly, nice, or funny.

Interview Questions
    • I always find it hard to describe myself. They are looking for words like "outgoing" "laid-back" "fun" "multitasker" "motivated"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2011.

Walk in and apply at the computer kiosk built into the wall. You will select an interview date typically for 4 o'clock Wednesday, or 4 o'clock Friday, something like that. When you arrive the day of your interview there will typically be other people maybe about 4 or so. The manager will take the group to an interview area, usually outdoor seating at the mall. In this case for Town Square LV, NV it was at the metal tables in the center park/grass area. He will have a clipboard with questions on it and will go around the circle asking various questions off the clipboard. If you decide not to go first then you can take some time to think about your answer while listening to what other people have to say. Your answers don't always have to pertain to work experience, feel comfortable drawing from life experience. One girl in my interview group was asked about a time she had to overcome a difficult challenge, she talked about climbing a mountain with thick snowfall while leading a group of students. Other questions may be about how you're outgoing, and basically fit the A&F image personality wise. Anyway, after questioning they let you go and then call back in maybe a few days to a week. Orientation consists of standing in the back stock area craning your neck up to watch a short 15-30 minute video about deterring theft and providing superior service. That's it. Other than that there isn't any more formal training and they just throw you in and maybe or maybe not tell you the best way to do your job. Which is to the detriment of those who actually know how to do a good job and have to pick up the slack for everyone else. Management is very relaxed, so far I haven't seen any consequences for doing a crappy job/ blatantly not working while on the clock.
    If you're worried about the interview questions just look up some generic interview questions on the internet.
    "why would you describe yourself as outgoing?"
    "how would you describe superior service?"
    "what is diversity and how is it good for the workplace?"
    "how would you describe the A&F image?"
    "describe a time you overcame a big challenge?"

Interview Questions
    • "What is diversity and how can it be great for the workplace?"   View Answer
    • "Describe a time when you overcame a big challenge?"   View Answer
    No negotiation process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2011.

It was a group interview that took place right in the store. It was somewhat difficult to hear because of the music and customers around us. Very informal, we all sat on different couches and the manager asked a question and we took turns answering it. Kind of annoying because someone might say your answer before it was your turn and you didn't want it to seem like you were copying them.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe diversity and why is it important in the workplace?   Answer Question
    No negotiation