Abercrombie & Fitch

Average Difficulty
146 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

North Shreveport, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2009.

Interview Details – Its surprisingly easy to get an interview at AnF for the lower positions. the workers and management are all very upbeat and friendly. The key to making a good impression is to have the Abercrombie look! Aesthetics are very important at this company! Look the part and be able to answer basic questions like why do you want to work here, what can you contribute.. etc.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was "Why is diversity important". You WILL be asked this question, so prepare something ahead of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation really. They tell you what the pay is and you either take it or leave it.

Peabody, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2009.

Interview Details – Group interview. Asked a bunch of questions like about your leadership abilities, what Abercrombie & Fitch means to you, etc. Pretty generic questions

Interview Question – All of the questions were generic, what you'd expect in a retail interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing. All models are paid minimum wage, $8/hour

Gurnee, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2011.

Interview Details – Group interview with a series of questions and a description of positions available.

Interview Question – Is diversity important?   Answer Question

Topanga, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2012.

Interview Details – group interview with abercrombie was okay they ask you simple questions such as describe yourself, what is diversity, do you like working in a team or alone, weaknesses and strong points that you have, describe the style of a & f, i think that they discriminate tho with looks. you have to have a certain look to get in. also wear natural make up and clothes that look like they're form the store and be clean shaven if you're a guy

Interview Question – what is cultural diversity   Answer Question

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2012.

Interview Details – Browsing through the store and one of the models noticed I was wearing Abercrombie. Asked if I would be interested in working for the company. Applied online. Scheduled an interview for Tuesday. The day of: Got to the store 15 minutes before and waited around. Manager took us (there were four other people) to the food court and asked us different questions. Took about 20 minutes.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and was able to pick a date for a group interview out of the listed dates. There are interviews every Tuesday and Friday unless noted otherwise. Showed up at my interview about 10 minutes earlier in an outfit such as their style (white/gray/navy top, dark blue skinnies, and flip flops, natural hair& makeup- no eyeliner!) to come check out the store and mingle with other potential candidates. The group interview usually has about 3-10 people, depending on how many sign up for that date. You go around saying your name, a little bit about yourself, and why you want to work for the company. Most questions are personality based, no scenarios, and some about what makes the company successful/ what makes it different than competitors/etc. After the questions, the interviewer (usually the assistant manager) will give a little info about the company's policies. They said they should call within 7 days if you are chosen for your applied position. Sometimes they call a couple days later, just because they are busy with other weekly tasks for the store.

Interview Question – What makes Abercrombie & Fitch stand out from their competitors?   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2012.

Interview Details – Everyone who fills out a job application gets an interview. They are done in groups, and everyone applying for the same position is asked the same questions. Most of the questions involve diversity and why it's important in the workplace. Any experience you have living or working in a diverse community that you can share will probably enhance your interview.

Interview Question – Name an instance where you had to complete a task very quickly but with 100% accuracy. How did you get it done?   Answer Question

Springfield, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Was asked to apply multiple times by different managers every time i shopped there. Eventually i caved in and said ok. Interview was a formality. Arrived for my interview early and I believe it was supposed to be a group interview but the manager went ahead and took me to the food court to interview 1:1. Basic questions like what do you know about the company why do you like it. Describe yourself as well as how your friends would describe you. Nothing too serious. As we walked back to the store she told me i had the job.

Rochester Hills, MI

I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2008.

Interview Details – Not hard, fairly simple questions to answer and make sure to be super perky

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just show up and fill out some paper work.

Santa Ana, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2012.

Interview Details – We waited outside the store until one of the managers came and fetched us. there were four in total. The manager sat us down at a near by table and explained the company policies. She then asked:
How would you describe the look of A&F?
How would your friends describe you?
How do you define diversity?
Why do you think you would be successful here?
Took less than 15 mins.