Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions in New Albany, OH

Updated Aug 14, 2015

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an HR rep after applying online. They asked for my SAT scores, which was a little odd, but then I did a video interview, and a Skype interview. I was asked to come into the home office; for about three hours, I met with various people, discussed my experience, career goals, accomplishments. Also took a personnel test twice. I was also bought coffee and lunch in the cafe, which was so incredibly nice. I was contacted two days later with an offer. Overall, they could not have been any nicer throughout the entire process, making me feel *very* welcome at the home office. Very professional, they know exactly what they're looking for in candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • What are some classes you took? Which class did you do well in, what class challenged you?   Answer Question
    • How would a friend describe you, how would someone who doesn't know you describe you as?   Answer Question
    • Why A&F?   Answer Question

Assistant Coordinator, Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

overall, the interview process was most of what you expect. The only out of the box part is the test at the beginning. Nothing to stress about though. After that I met with some of the team + HR. Then got a tour of the campus.

Associate Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I completed my first round of interviews at A&F with a recruiter over Skype. It was a really awesome experience, and great conversation that lasted over an hour! Since it was a video chat, I even got to see a little glimpse of the office environment before moving on in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you don't agree with a team member - how did you respond?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

They found me via LinkedIn. The recruiter asked if I want to try giving them a shot. I said yes and he sent me a coding excercise to do with AJAX, HTML/CSS. I sent it back within 2 hours and they liked it. Then they looked at my resume and liked that, too. After a week of talks, a date was finally set-up. It was 3 interviews in the span of 2 hours. I quickly found out every single developer used Macs. There was no room for Windows in development because they also use CodeKit. The 1st guy, we talked about JavaScript and coding and websites. I was able to answer all but one question. Seemed pretty easy. Nice guy, too. Second guy was more technical and a front-end lead developer. He asked more technical questions like "What is your workflow?", "What does Unit Testing mean to you?". I bombed both of those because I'm still stuck in 2010. Once again, nice guy. Last two guys, for 3rd interview, was pretty much to talk about my practice of coding like how I do things and about my old job and what I did there. Pretty easy stuff and nice guys. After that interview was over, on a Thursday, I got an email back the following Tuesday. No offer. I knew exactly why despite never confirming it.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest debugging challange you faced?   1 Answer

Payroll Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Very basic interview. I met with the 2 heads of the department after a brief phone interview. First part I asked them questions then the second part was standard questions, "Why are you a fit for the company" "What does diversity mean to you" "Why are you a fit for this position". Once that was complete I took an IQ test.

Interview Questions

• How does Abercrombie's culture and values fit into your life and how would it make you a fit for this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate and they did not accept.

Senior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH).

Interview

Phone screening by a recruiter followed by in person interviews. Was told to "dress casual" for the interview. One with HR, then four with managers. The four people I interviewed with, including the CIO, were wearing shorts, t-shirts and flip flops from A&F.

Interview Questions

• After the HR interview you are asked to take a test. It is, or is very similar, to the Wonderlic test. If you don't achieve the their minimum score (which was unknown to all but HR) you would not get to interview with any other people   1 Answer

IT Leadership Development Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH).

Interview

I met a recruiter at my school career fair. Everything went well and she said she would contact me later. I got an email to meet at an information session. I went to the session and at the end, I had to take a "Wonderlic" test. This test is not that hard. I suggest Google'ing it. I was given a time to have an on-campus interview: 30 minutes with an HR recruiter and 30 minutes with someone who works in the IT field. They are very lenient with how to dress (jeans and normal shirt), but I dressed business casual because that's the way who I am. Long story short, I got invited to have a second interview at Home Office in New Albany, Ohio (near Columbus). They rented a car for me and I had to drive 4 hours with some other people. When I arrived, I was wined and dined with clothes, a private hotel room, a tour of both the city and Home Office, and a nice dinner. The second day near the end, we went through multiple interviews. They lost my Wonderlic test, so I had to retake it. Trying to take this test in extreme pressure from interviews makes it a lot harder than taking it the first time at the info session. Not too pleased about losing the test. Everything went great, though. When they sent us off back home, they said that I would hear in around a week. I waited over a month. I emailed back trying to hear anything. Around a week later, I received an email basically saying, "Sorry, but not sorry." Of course I'm bitter, but don't think everything went well because they can still say "no".

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Questions usually deal with "trying to cope with someone difficult at work/school", "most proud achievement", "trying to explain something difficult to a group", and questions like those.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

on campus interview at college career center where we took the Wonderlich test and had 2 interviews. Flown to Ohio for campus visit. Multiple group activities, interviews with people of varying positions in the company. The whole process is very laid back, but it seemed as though the recruiters were obviously targeting some people while ignoring others, in both professional and unprofessional ways. Must fit in with the culture or else you will hate it.

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH).

Interview

When you are interviewing for any of the A&F brands at the home office make sure to wear a current outfit from either A&F, Hco or Gilly Hicks. Be prepared to interview with a few people from the department you are interviewing for as well as other coworkers you would interact with frequently. Be sure to be outgoing, spirited and most importantly, nice!

Interview Questions

• Do you have a significant other living in a different city? If you aren't into living in the Columbus area then this may not be a good fit for you.   Answer Question

Store Control (Corporate) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New Albany, OH).

Interview

I was approached on a social/career networking site by an Abercombie HR recruiter. After the initial exchange through email, we scheduled a time to chat on the phone, a converstion which consisted mostly of him telling me about how exciting he thought Abercrombie was, how great the New Albany campus was, and how Columbus was quite a decent city, too. (I was not a local candidate.) Subsequently, we set up a Skype interview, which lasted well over an hour - quite atypical for an HR conversation. Many of the questions were behaviorally based, but the strangest and most irrelevant questions were the ones that I felt were geared more towards teenagers or college students. Obviously, he was trying to gauge whether I was one of the "cool kids," and whether what I did when I was 18 would fit the target demographic of Abercrombie today. A few days later, he emailed me to tell me that he wanted me to Skype with another HR colleague. This conversation was about 40 minutes, and again consisted of some behavioral questions, but also had the typical interview questions like, "What is your biggest strength/weakness?" and "What is your biggest accomplishment?" After these two encounters, their recruiting team made the travel arrangements to fly me to Columbus, stay overnight, and then go to the office the next morning for a half-day of interviews. I was informed by HR that the dress code was casual, and that their brands were encouraged, so I packed several Abercrombie and Hollister outfits with me. The first thing that I noticed was that it is a walk to get to the front of the office, and you can smell the office from a mile away. (They spray the same fragrance as in the store.) The front desk is manned by flip-flop clad people who look like they would work at the retail store. The schedule for the morning consisted of the Wonderlic personnel test, then 4 back-to-back interviews of 30 minutes each. I met with another HR person, the hiring manager, a counterpart/peer, and then a business partner. I sat in one of the interview rooms the entire time, where the store music was piped through to the room. None of the interviewers really asked me any questions. They mostly just wanted to chat about how great the brand was, and how they loved their campus. Afterwards, I had a campus tour with two of the campus tour guides. (I'm not sure if that is their official title, but it was 2 guys in their early 20's who probably wanted to be Abercrombie models.) They showed me the mock-up stores, the gym, the cafeteria, and some of the work spaces. The campus is reminscent of college. it is literally in the woods in the middle of nowhere, New Albany. Everyone is dressed in Abercrombie, and people seem to travel in groups. I didn't see anyone walking around by themselves. After the campus tour, the initial HR contact came and took me to lunch at the cafeteria. The cafeteria offers a wide variety of food, and supposedly, everything is organic. The music was on full blast in the cafeteria. Following lunch, they made arrangements for a real estate broker to take me around Columbus and drop me off at the airport. I didn't hear back from anyone for about 2 weeks, so I figured that they weren't interested, and I was right. I got a call from HR explaining that they decided not to hire anyone externally for the role.

Interview Questions

• What were your SAT scores? What extracurricular activities did you do in college?   Answer Question