Abercrombie & Fitch

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Paramus, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2012.

Interview Details – If you are handsome/attractive, you have already been hired before you start talking. Just be on time, wear abercromie clothes and try not to talk about how much you like partying.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Model Interview

Model
Manhasset, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2014.

Interview Details – I asked for the code to apply online at my local Abercrombie & Fitch store and I went into the store the next day, a Tuesday, for a short group interview. Most of the interviewees were for Impact, so I had my group interview with just one other girl. She had previously worked at Hollister, so she casually slipped that in, but her face was all caked up and she wore a crop top and shorts. I was all decked out in Abercrombie--a lace tank, burgundy skinny jeans, and brown braided A&F flip flops. The manager showed approval of my attire and my natural, no make-up look. I was hired a week later.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. I was asked four questions:
1) How do you provide a positive environment for others?
2) What happened when something didn't go your way?
3) What is diversity to you, and do you think it is important in the workplace?
4) How do you think A&F wants to be viewed?

Good luck to all! :-)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a call informing me that I had been selected as a Model, and the manager who interviewed me asked if I was willing to accept the offer for $8/hr (which is roughly minimum wage for NY). I don't think the pay is negotiable.

Impact Team Member Interview

Impact Team Member
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – You start off by applying and submitting your application via a computer on a wall in any store. A manager will contact you within 2 weeks to schedule a group interview. During the interview, there are about 5-10 people depending on the time slot. The manager will go around asking everyone questions. If you pass the interview, you will need to schedule a time to come into training. During training, you learn the basic rules and get a tour. They also give you a uniform and schedule your first shift.

Interview Question – questions were pretty basic. They just want to see your personality and if you have the abercrombie "look".   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Floor Model Interview

Floor Model
Wayne, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the position and was taken to the a cafeteria, where the sales manager asked me a bunch of questions. She essentially asked why I would be a good fit, why I represent Abercrombie, etc. Easy process, however, they mainly went off looks.

Interview Question – None, it was all easy. I'm telling you though, unless you are what they are looking for, you won't have the job. Wear Abercrombie to the interview.   Answer Question

Visual Stylist Interview

Visual Stylist
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process gets conducted in a group, where each person gets asked three questions in no specific order. The questions reflect the job title you are applying for. An example of a question could be "What does diversity mean to you?" or "When have you ever had to help out or rescue a friend?". Then you have to get up at the end, put up your biggest smile, greet an imaginary customer as though you work at Abercrombie and they evaluate your character and overall look. Then if you qualify, they'll call back within 2-3 days. If you don't get a call back after that, don't expect one.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Wayne, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2014.

Interview Details – Filled an application online and scheduled an interview. Interview was pretty easy Asked a lot of questions about work ethics and about yourself. Also they asked questions to see if you knew the brand. They do not call you if you did not get the job.

Interview Question – Is diversity important in the workplace? Why or Why not?   Answer Question

MIT/AM At Hollister Co Interview

MIT/AM At Hollister Co
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – I was recruited by a friend (another manager) who brought me into her old store to meet the SM. I was still in college but graduating in a month. They took down my info on a recruiting card and said they would call me on the Xth of X month to set up an interview with the DM. I didn't think much of it because it was so far away and didn't understand how "valuable" I was to the company (as a FRESH out of college graduate who wears hollister clothing and is good looking and had ties at my school to a greek org). The DM called me directly twice to set up the interview. Side note: I spoke to the DM five or six times from the initial phone call until my hire. I went to the interview in a plaid with a white tank underneath, hollister jeans, and uggs, brought a resume. It was pretty laid back- I met the DM in the kids store who then walked with me to the food court for the interview. We made small talk and I asked all about her (people love to talk about themselves!!). Questions are all on this website- how would others describe your personality, I got asked about diversity, tell me about a time when you got a project done with people who come from different backgrounds as you, tell me about a time you were on a tight deadline and got something done, etc. I asked more about the DM during the interview so it was more of a conversation than an interview. very casual. She told me I'd hear back within a week if I were to get an offer and she was interviewing other people. It was over a holiday so she took about two weeks to get back to me but my friend who originally recruited me kept me in the loop and knew I was getting an offer. I guess that's not typical though. So I was offered the position. Once I asked more about the position and accepted the offer, I got a call from the store manager two days later who had me come in immediately to set up paperwork . I was scheduled for the next day and started my MIT program.
I was originally recruited at the (abercrombie) kids store in mall A. I was interviewing for the position at the adult store (fitch) in mall B. We had the interview in mall B. But my DM told me during the offer process (right after I accepted) that she was putting me at the Hollister in mall B.
In case anyone is unaware:
The three stores are all part of Abercrombie and Fitch and managers are borrowed/substituted interchangeably so this was not a big deal/out of the ordinary. The same DM in my case manages both malls A and B so there was not any switch with the interview/hiring/district.

TIP: Honestly-- If you are great looking, show up to the interview in brand clothes, are friendly, super outgoing, and energetic, and actually answer the questions, you'll probably get an offer. I know some people who are not the sharpest tool in the shed but are dedicated to the brand and great looking and friendly who are store managers and even district managers. Just appear sharp and seem to have half a brain.

Interview Question – Looked at my resume and saw I worked at retail store X in the past. "What was the most difficult customer you ever encountered, what made them difficult and how did you handle the situation, did they end up satisfied?"   View Answer

Model At AnF Interview

Model At AnF
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is fast paced because they hire non stop. The way I got hired, is that recruiters approached me, asked me if I would like to be their model, and told me impressive things about the company. The interview is really almost like a casual conversation about your interests and a final look at you before they make their decisions.

Interview Question – There were no difficulty questions, it was more of a friendly conversation.   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Manager In Training (MIT)
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – it is a three part process. Contacting or being recruited by a store manager who will invite you in basically be judged by the other manager sand assistants on if you have the AnF look( are you good looking enough?). Then the Store manager will set you up with an interview with the District Manager. Who will ask you simple questions as if you we're being interview for a part time job. Its just another interview to see if you are not too smart for the AnF lifestyle but not dumb enough to forget your flip flops at home before work. They will delay the process as if theres a million people applying for the position just so the company will be short staffed nd save money by having the least amount of time in manager overlap. They will call you back with a start date and explain that it is a 3-6 month process in the MIT program before you become a key holder. within 3 weeks you will have a key, and your training abruptly ends where you have to figure out processes on your own.

Interview Question – give a detailed time when you faced a difficult situation or customer, how did you deal with it?
Why do you think you're fit for the position?
what comes to mind when you think of the Abercrombie and Fitch Brand?
Describe a time when you worked well with others.
Skittles or M&M's?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A long wait for a start date, with a District Manager who refused to answer calls from people who are not current managers or have a home office area code or saved in his company issued iPhone.

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Sales Associate (Model)
Short Hills, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process is very relaxed. You're in a group and the store manager asks everyone questions.

Interview Question – "How does the Abercrombie brand stand out to the public?"   Answer Question

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!