Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2015.

It was brief and casual. I went into a store and asked to speak to the store manager for job application. She gave me a tablet PC to fill in the application then and there. I filled it in and signed up for the group interview which is held on every Tuesday and Friday at 4pm. I went in on the next day (Tuesday) and did the interview. It lasted about 25min and it was very casual and conversational. I got the offer on Friday night.

Interview Questions
    • Q: Describe your personality
      Q: What does diversity mean to you and why is it important?
      Q: Your recent hardship and how you overcame it
      Q: Describe Abercrombie & Fitch style

Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was stopped on the street and invited for a group interview that same day. I got the call the next day. We did have to wait a while to start about 15min after the time was set. But everyone was nice.

Interview Questions
    • They asked basic questions. "what would you do if there was an angry costumer?'' ''the meaning of teamwork?'' ''best thing you learned from a previous job'' etc... just be confident!   Answer Question

Impact Team Member/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2014.

Group interview, The employer asked about diversity, and why do we want to work there. Also what attracts me to their store. They also asked about my experience with retail.

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

You start off by applying and submitting your application via a computer on a wall in any store. A manager will contact you within 2 weeks to schedule a group interview. During the interview, there are about 5-10 people depending on the time slot. The manager will go around asking everyone questions. If you pass the interview, you will need to schedule a time to come into training. During training, you learn the basic rules and get a tour. They also give you a uniform and schedule your first shift.

Interview Questions
    • questions were pretty basic. They just want to see your personality and if you have the abercrombie "look".   Answer Question

Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhasset, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhasset, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2014.

I asked for the code to apply online at my local Abercrombie & Fitch store and I went into the store the next day, a Tuesday, for a short group interview. Most of the interviewees were for Impact, so I had my group interview with just one other girl. She had previously worked at Hollister, so she casually slipped that in, but her face was all caked up and she wore a crop top and shorts. I was all decked out in Abercrombie--a lace tank, burgundy skinny jeans, and brown braided A&F flip flops. The manager showed approval of my attire and my natural, no make-up look. I was hired a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. I was asked four questions:
      1) How do you provide a positive environment for others?
      2) What happened when something didn't go your way?
      3) What is diversity to you, and do you think it is important in the workplace?
      4) How do you think A&F wants to be viewed?

Good luck to all! :-)

Answer Question
    I received a call informing me that I had been selected as a Model, and the manager who interviewed me asked if I was willing to accept the offer for $8/hr (which is roughly minimum wage for NY). I don't think the pay is negotiable.

MIT/AM At Hollister Co Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was recruited by a friend (another manager) who brought me into her old store to meet the SM. I was still in college but graduating in a month. They took down my info on a recruiting card and said they would call me on the Xth of X month to set up an interview with the DM. I didn't think much of it because it was so far away and didn't understand how "valuable" I was to the company (as a FRESH out of college graduate who wears hollister clothing and is good looking and had ties at my school to a greek org). The DM called me directly twice to set up the interview. Side note: I spoke to the DM five or six times from the initial phone call until my hire. I went to the interview in a plaid with a white tank underneath, hollister jeans, and uggs, brought a resume. It was pretty laid back- I met the DM in the kids store who then walked with me to the food court for the interview. We made small talk and I asked all about her (people love to talk about themselves!!). Questions are all on this website- how would others describe your personality, I got asked about diversity, tell me about a time when you got a project done with people who come from different backgrounds as you, tell me about a time you were on a tight deadline and got something done, etc. I asked more about the DM during the interview so it was more of a conversation than an interview. very casual. She told me I'd hear back within a week if I were to get an offer and she was interviewing other people. It was over a holiday so she took about two weeks to get back to me but my friend who originally recruited me kept me in the loop and knew I was getting an offer. I guess that's not typical though. So I was offered the position. Once I asked more about the position and accepted the offer, I got a call from the store manager two days later who had me come in immediately to set up paperwork . I was scheduled for the next day and started my MIT program.
    I was originally recruited at the (abercrombie) kids store in mall A. I was interviewing for the position at the adult store (fitch) in mall B. We had the interview in mall B. But my DM told me during the offer process (right after I accepted) that she was putting me at the Hollister in mall B.
    In case anyone is unaware:
    The three stores are all part of Abercrombie and Fitch and managers are borrowed/substituted interchangeably so this was not a big deal/out of the ordinary. The same DM in my case manages both malls A and B so there was not any switch with the interview/hiring/district.

TIP: Honestly-- If you are great looking, show up to the interview in brand clothes, are friendly, super outgoing, and energetic, and actually answer the questions, you'll probably get an offer. I know some people who are not the sharpest tool in the shed but are dedicated to the brand and great looking and friendly who are store managers and even district managers. Just appear sharp and seem to have half a brain.

Interview Questions
    • Looked at my resume and saw I worked at retail store X in the past. "What was the most difficult customer you ever encountered, what made them difficult and how did you handle the situation, did they end up satisfied?"   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2014.

Filled an application online and scheduled an interview. Interview was pretty easy Asked a lot of questions about work ethics and about yourself. Also they asked questions to see if you knew the brand. They do not call you if you did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Is diversity important in the workplace? Why or Why not?   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

it is a three part process. Contacting or being recruited by a store manager who will invite you in basically be judged by the other manager sand assistants on if you have the AnF look( are you good looking enough?). Then the Store manager will set you up with an interview with the District Manager. Who will ask you simple questions as if you we're being interview for a part time job. Its just another interview to see if you are not too smart for the AnF lifestyle but not dumb enough to forget your flip flops at home before work. They will delay the process as if theres a million people applying for the position just so the company will be short staffed nd save money by having the least amount of time in manager overlap. They will call you back with a start date and explain that it is a 3-6 month process in the MIT program before you become a key holder. within 3 weeks you will have a key, and your training abruptly ends where you have to figure out processes on your own.

Interview Questions
    • give a detailed time when you faced a difficult situation or customer, how did you deal with it?
      Why do you think you're fit for the position?
      what comes to mind when you think of the Abercrombie and Fitch Brand?
      Describe a time when you worked well with others.
      Skittles or M&M's?

Answer Question
    A long wait for a start date, with a District Manager who refused to answer calls from people who are not current managers or have a home office area code or saved in his company issued iPhone.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2014.

Easy ok, questions not complicated
    Normal process
    Received job offer, applied online and received invitation for interview few days later. Asked about my experience In retail
    Overall easy process and quick

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2013.

You're just asked about 5 - 7 questions about your thoughts on Diversity, Professionalism, Work Ethic and Personality. They're basically looking for people with an open mind and an outgoing, friendly personality who has passion for the brand

Interview Questions
    • When were you ever given a task that you had to perform quickly, calmly and well organised.   Answer Question
    There wasn't really one , i was offered the part time job so I took it.