Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with a phone and went to an in person. Everyone was very nice and seemed like a great company. I am excited for my first job and hopefully will get an offer

Sales Associate - Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The whole process took about 30 to 45 minutes and it was easy. The store manager would ask you about 6 questions. The key to these questions is to think out the box. On the day of the interview, be sure to wear Abercrombie style clothing because you're trying to a position that is trying to get buyers to buy the company's clothes. You should never dress in any sort of business clothes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was brief and casual. I went into a store and asked to speak to the store manager for job application. She gave me a tablet PC to fill in the application then and there. I filled it in and signed up for the group interview which is held on every Tuesday and Friday at 4pm. I went in on the next day (Tuesday) and did the interview. It lasted about 25min and it was very casual and conversational. I got the offer on Friday night.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe your personality
      Q: What does diversity mean to you and why is it important?
      Q: Your recent hardship and how you overcame it
      Q: Describe Abercrombie & Fitch style

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (White Plains, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and picked a time for a group interview. Showed up early but no other applicants were there. Took a while for a manager to speak to me, they left me awkwardly standing around. Said I could walk around the store or wait outside so I waited outside. Manager finally came after a while and then asked questions. She seemed nice and I thought I did well but there was no follow up. Wore plaid shirt, jeans and converse.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Paramus, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview is done in a group setting, with about 3-6 people. The hiring manager takes you outside of the store to hear you better and goes around asking the same questions to each person.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of when you think of the Abercrombie brand?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Bridgewater, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was scripted and was one short interview. No more than 20 minutes. I was hired on the spot. They encourage you to dress casual and represent the brand during the interview. It's okay to come in flip flops and skinny jeans and a button down shirt .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY).

Interview

I was stopped on the street and invited for a group interview that same day. I got the call the next day. We did have to wait a while to start about 15min after the time was set. But everyone was nice.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic questions. "what would you do if there was an angry costumer?'' ''the meaning of teamwork?'' ''best thing you learned from a previous job'' etc... just be confident!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I went to the store to fill out the application and was called in for a group interview by the end of the week. After answering a few questions about my work ethic and questions related to the company, the interview ended and i was told i was going to receive a call if i got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you think represents the Abercrombie and Fitch brand?   Answer Question

Impact Team Member/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Paramus, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Group interview, The employer asked about diversity, and why do we want to work there. Also what attracts me to their store. They also asked about my experience with retail.

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY).

Interview

You start off by applying and submitting your application via a computer on a wall in any store. A manager will contact you within 2 weeks to schedule a group interview. During the interview, there are about 5-10 people depending on the time slot. The manager will go around asking everyone questions. If you pass the interview, you will need to schedule a time to come into training. During training, you learn the basic rules and get a tour. They also give you a uniform and schedule your first shift.

Interview Questions

• questions were pretty basic. They just want to see your personality and if you have the abercrombie "look".   Answer Question