Abercrombie & Fitch

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Overnight Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – It may have changed in the few years I've been there, but, it's normally a group interview for those who want to be overnight, brand rep, impact, etc (nothing management). Two managers ask basic questions about why you want to work there or what attributes you can bring to the company. Sometimes they ask you what you consider "A&F style".

Interview Question – They were all basic interview questions   Answer Question

Overnight Associate Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – The interview was a group interview, there were four people in my interview including me. The manager took us to a stockroom. She asked four questions; one at a time and went around and wrote down each of our responses. Most questions were about diversity, describe a time when... type of questions. It was an easy interview, all I can say is be honest and just be yourself. Four days later I was hired.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you went above and beyond your expectations?   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2011.

Interview Details – After waiting what seemed like 20 minutes in the actual abercrombie store (with all the customers shopping), all of the interviewees were split up into groups of 6-8 and we were taken to the food court to have a group interview. It was a relaxed interview mixing people who wanted to be floor models, impactors and overnighters. Once the manager conducting the interview had us introduce ourselves and what position we were applying for she went around in a circle and asked us a series of questions coordinating to our job. After the interview was finished we were told to wait about a week to a week and a half and they would call us if we got the job. Personally I got my call at the latter end of the time frame.

Negotiation Details – no negotiating went on it was more like we can offer you $9.70 if you would like to start let us know when.

Columbus, OH

Interview Details – There is only one interview process and that is the group interview. You, along with others applying for different positions, are interviewed in an open space setting. They ask you each a question (going from left to right or by positions). In total, about 4 or 5 questions are asked. It's pretty easy if you know what the company stands and what they're looking for. Some people don't like group interviews because it seems unprofessional but that's what working for the company will be like. Remember, most of them are 17 to 22 with a goal of just earning money. Don't expect suit and tie professional work setting.

Interview Question – - Define diversity.
- How would you manage to work without supervision.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy and didn't take too long.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2010.

Interview Details – Group interview then takes the background check 2 weeks to clear

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you and is it important to the workplace?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2008.

Interview Details – The Interview Was Great! I Got The Job The Very Next Day.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and picked my interview date and time. I went 15 minutes early and was told they weren't interviewing for overnight positions that day. (I was pissed). But whatever, she took my name and number and told me to come back 2 weeks later at 7PM (I was confused as to why the interview was so late). Any way I went back that evening 15 minutes early... The interview started 10 minutes later than it was supposed to, and about 11 people including myself were asked 3 questions. 1) Can you describe a time when you found it difficult to work with or stay positive with a classmate or co-worker? 2) What does diversity mean to you? 3) Can you describe a time when you want above and beyond what was expected of you in school or the work place? That's about it in addition to introducing yourself. I thought I did well, but was NEVER called back. Keep in mind that when you pick your date online, they'll tell you to come back, I don't know what's up with that.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you went above and beyond what was expected of you in school or in the work place.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – A very easy and normal GD session, with main focus on diversity and "tell me something about yourself."
Based on this I got a call within 7 days to join.

Interview Question – none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiation. Since it was a zero hour contract.

Overnight Associate
Central District (Hong Kong)

I applied online - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2012.

Interview Details – Filled in the online application on A&F’s official website. Be sure to prepare your resume before hand so you can have enough time in filling in (the system automatically logs you out after 45 minutes and you’ll have to re-log in and retype everything!). No punctuation is required for your address or else you will be really frustrated as it is the first page of log in!
You will be entering your suggested date of interview at the end of the application. I got the call the afternoon before the date of interview. The telephone operator spoke quickly so be sure to take notes and confirm the address of interview.
The interview lasted about 45 minutes. In my session, there were about 10 candidates including me. Be sure to arrive about 10 minutes before the scheduled time. The questions included self-introduction and 4 questions. My perception is that the manager wants to hear fun facts and humorous experience of candidates, so one does not need to quote from his/her work experience but instead, daily life encounters intrigue the interviewer more. It seems a fun-loving, easygoing personality is preferred. As the entire interview process is conducted in English, be sure to understand what the interviewer asks and give a precise, 3-4 sentence concise answer.
My perception towards the company is that the members should be having fun at work, while delivering their performance accurately and on time. They should also be energetic, possibly enjoy sports and group activities. The office is simply designed with American pop music playing. Probably looking for people who are young (at heart!), fit, healthy, loves the nature and the beach.

Interview Question – Tell me one experience of you that you performed above and beyond expectation.   View Answer

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2011.

Interview Details – I booked my interview date on line @ gilly hicks website, there i required to fill all the personal details, credentials, previous and current experience, capacity of work and lastly work availability. on the completion i get a Unique ID number and date of interview, i saved this in my mobile and went to the interview on the assigned date.
On the day of interview when i reached there a manager has screened the ID numbers and took us for a group/panel interview, there they asked few questions as per the job description and in the end they informed about the policy of Gilly Hicks, job description, pay rate and HR policies later on they took a photograph for their record.

After few days ago i received a confirmation call from Gilly Hicks and they invited me for the orientation along with all the original documents for paper work.

Interview Question – How do you take diversity and its role ?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch Overnight Associate interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.