Abercrombie & Fitch Overnight Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2015
Updated Feb 10, 2015

2.1

Overnight Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

It may have changed in the few years I've been there, but, it's normally a group interview for those who want to be overnight, brand rep, impact, etc (nothing management). Two managers ask basic questions about why you want to work there or what attributes you can bring to the company. Sometimes they ask you what you consider "A&F style".

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Overnight Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The interview was a group interview, there were four people in my interview including me. The manager took us to a stockroom. She asked four questions; one at a time and went around and wrote down each of our responses. Most questions were about diversity, describe a time when... type of questions. It was an easy interview, all I can say is be honest and just be yourself. Four days later I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond your expectations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2012.

It was a group interview, my group consisted of 4 people. It was an easy interview. they asked situation questions like 'what would you do' or 'have you ever' type of questions and questions about diversity in the workplace. They asked everyone the same question so everything was a little too repetitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2011.

There is only one interview process and that is the group interview. You, along with others applying for different positions, are interviewed in an open space setting. They ask you each a question (going from left to right or by positions). In total, about 4 or 5 questions are asked. It's pretty easy if you know what the company stands and what they're looking for. Some people don't like group interviews because it seems unprofessional but that's what working for the company will be like. Remember, most of them are 17 to 22 with a goal of just earning money. Don't expect suit and tie professional work setting.

Interview Questions
    • - Define diversity.
      - How would you manage to work without supervision.

Answer Question
    Easy and didn't take too long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

After waiting what seemed like 20 minutes in the actual abercrombie store (with all the customers shopping), all of the interviewees were split up into groups of 6-8 and we were taken to the food court to have a group interview. It was a relaxed interview mixing people who wanted to be floor models, impactors and overnighters. Once the manager conducting the interview had us introduce ourselves and what position we were applying for she went around in a circle and asked us a series of questions coordinating to our job. After the interview was finished we were told to wait about a week to a week and a half and they would call us if we got the job. Personally I got my call at the latter end of the time frame.

no negotiating went on it was more like we can offer you $9.70 if you would like to start let us know when.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2010.

Group interview then takes the background check 2 weeks to clear

Interview Questions
    • What does diversity mean to you and is it important to the workplace?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2010.

I applied online and picked my interview date and time. I went 15 minutes early and was told they weren't interviewing for overnight positions that day. (I was pissed). But whatever, she took my name and number and told me to come back 2 weeks later at 7PM (I was confused as to why the interview was so late). Any way I went back that evening 15 minutes early... The interview started 10 minutes later than it was supposed to, and about 11 people including myself were asked 3 questions. 1) Can you describe a time when you found it difficult to work with or stay positive with a classmate or co-worker? 2) What does diversity mean to you? 3) Can you describe a time when you want above and beyond what was expected of you in school or the work place? That's about it in addition to introducing yourself. I thought I did well, but was NEVER called back. Keep in mind that when you pick your date online, they'll tell you to come back, I don't know what's up with that.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond what was expected of you in school or in the work place.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2008.

The Interview Was Great! I Got The Job The Very Next Day.

Interview Questions
    • Do You Have Any Problems With Diversity   View Answer
    • Where Do You see Yourself In Five Years?   View Answer

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2014.

it took 3 weeks the all process, first I went to speak with one of the managers and ask for a recommendation , then I had a group interview and at 3 weeks they call me for the training.

Interview Questions
    • nothing, it was pretty easy, they just seek for people with good expectations.   Answer Question
    You have to be free all the time for them.

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Group interview, easy typical questions about you and your fun fact, how you can contribute to the company, how would you characterize the brand, how your friends would describe you

Interview Questions
    • A case when you succesfully managed a project whithin a team   Answer Question