Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions in Pennsylvania

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Phila, PA).

Interview

Interview process was straight forward .They asked questions like why are you a great candidate , what does diversity mean in a workplace , do you know how to be a team player and so forth . Most ambercrombie & fitch recruiter are arrogant and really don't seem to care really . Fake it until you make it

Location was too far from school

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Scranton, PA).

Interview

Brief. Lasted roughly 5 minutes, done in a group. Basically they asked you questions you would expect like why their store? If you consider yourself outgoing? Describe yourself in 3 words etc

Interview Questions

• Why is diversity important in the work place?   2 Answers

Tech Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

I found the internship through my college and was offered an interview. I completed a Skype interview shortly after first contact, and a second Skype interview a week later. Both were very straightforward and mostly about my personality, education so far, and interests. The women interviewing me were extremely friendly and converstational. I will not here back until job offerings are posted through my school's system.

Interview Questions

• What is your best accomplishment so far?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have not heard back yet, but I would accept if granted the internship.

Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was recruited through my school's career fair. I actually knew a current employee who was an alum of my Greek Organization. Did not actually think I was going to apply until the next day, when after chatting with her higher-ups said they liked me and wanted me to submit a resume. I participated in an on campus interview the third day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (State College, PA).

Interview

I was recruited on campus and the process moved quickly. I applied online and set-up an interview for the following week. The interview was very relaxed and informal. It took place at a local restaurant with a group of 6 other interviewees. By the end of the week, I was employed and began work that following.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had a confrontation with a coworker and how did you resolve the problem.   Answer Question

Manager In Training (MIT), Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

I was recruited by a friend. The interview process was lengthy, but simple. I interviewed with the recruiter for about 30 minutes. Many of the questers were situational questions and about your previous job experience. If all goes well, the recruiter sets up an interview with the District Manager. This process is a lot shorter, roughly 10 minutes. Many questions were to get to know your personality and repeats of questions in the first interview. Honestly, this is an image based company, your looks may be more important than the answers to the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you showed humility, has to be SPECIFIC and use examples.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation in salary

Flow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Scranton, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

I interviewed for both Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister. A&F was first, I arrived early and waited in-store for a while before some others showed up. After about 20 minutes the manager came and introduced himself in a friendly manner and led us outside for a group interview. There were questions about diversity, challenges in your past work, and how your friends would describe you.
    I've heard that it doesn't matter how well you answer the questions, and I can safely say this is true. For both A&F and Hollister, I gave the best answers, yet didn't get a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

They approached me in the store and asked me to work for them. I agreed as I was looking for a job. I was interviewed on the spot and got the call that I was hired in a few days. Looks will guarantee you the job as the managers have a quota for attractive employees that may or may not be casted as brand models.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Scranton, PA) in November 2009.

Interview

Structured interview process. Scripted. Additional feedback and great shared information between interviewer and interviewee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2009.

Interview

It was a group interview. I had to wait around for a little, abd the interview was inside the store. That was a little unprofessional because of the loud, techno music. The questions were simple enough, describe yourself, what does diversity mean to you. Just be outgoing and it will be a piece of Cake!

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you, and is it important in the work place ?   Answer Question