Abercrombie & Fitch Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Pretty basic interview. Group setting where they ask 3-5 questions, including one about diversity since they got sued for discrimination a few years back. Was recruited in store (this is where they do A LOT of their recruiting) and submitted an app at the kiosk in the store. Heard back exactly a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions are fairly straight forward. Just know a bit about the image that they are trying to sell (ie. classic New England prepster)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Everyone who interviewed dressed in abercrombie clothing, so you are allowed to wear jeans, flip flops and the tops were typically the "abercrombie color" (dark blue and white). It was a group interview and the questions were pretty basic. They are big on diversity

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Wayne, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Filled an application online and scheduled an interview. Interview was pretty easy Asked a lot of questions about work ethics and about yourself. Also they asked questions to see if you knew the brand. They do not call you if you did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Is diversity important in the workplace? Why or Why not?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week for an in-person interview. I was told it would be a group interview but when I got there the manager took me to the restaurant next door and we had a one-on-one interview there for ~15 minutes. She asked about myself for the first part but as soon as I told her I was married the interview immediately went south. She asked the usual questions like where I worked before and what were my responsibilities. She told me I should probably interview for the managerial positions. She told me I would hear back within the week if it went well.

Interview Questions

• None, all of them were the expected interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Asheville, NC).

Interview

Come in for a group interview of about 4 people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (West Palm Beach, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

You have to go into the store and ask to see the manager, I had my interview the same day as I went in. It is was really easy, and I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Easy ok, questions not complicated
    Normal process
    Received job offer, applied online and received invitation for interview few days later. Asked about my experience In retail
    Overall easy process and quick

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Rancho Cucamonga, CA).

Interview

Filled out the application in store, called in to follow up on my application and was told there was a group interview the next day

Interview Questions

• How would you help someone of a different culture feel more comfortable/included   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Dress the part and follow the current style trend

Interview Questions

• Describe the Abercrombie style? What do you think about diversity in the work place?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Portland, ME) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a group interview in the food court at the mall. They asked me to say "hey, what's going on" at the end. The questions were pretty easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Abercrombie's clothes   1 Answer