Abercrombie & Fitch Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Waipahu, HI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Waipahu, HI) in January 2008.

Interview

They had us meet outside of the store in a small group of about 5-6 people. We went around in a circle introducing ourselves and then they asked us about 5 questions each. We all ended up repeating each other's answers and I don't think anyone actually got the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Employee in Passaic, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Passaic, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

How you feel about diversity? How do you deal with stress?

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if your co-worker wasn't doing their job and you were left do to everything yourself?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel working for someone who is absent from the job and doing your job at the same time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Group interview. The manager takes notes. Questions are really based on your leadership qualities. It may seem nerve racking at first, but it is not bad at all. just appear relax and calm with your answers.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Central District (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Central District (Hong Kong)) in August 2011.

Interview

was recruited when i was just walking along the street. interview was ok - just be friendly and smiley haha.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Miami, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

You apply in stores or are approached by a manager/ recruiter for the company. The interview is scheduled on one of 2 days weekly. It is a group interview and you are each asked three questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are called and told you have been hired and are to come in on sunday for "training." You give them your schedule availability and you start that following week.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Rancho Cucamonga, CA).

Interview

Filled out the application in store, called in to follow up on my application and was told there was a group interview the next day

Interview Questions

• How would you help someone of a different culture feel more comfortable/included   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (San Francisco, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

they look at the way your dressed. be sure to come in and look like you're already working there! flip flops, torn jeans, and a vneck. they will scold you for wearing anything else at the interview. questions are not your average interview questions.

Interview Questions

• 'what was your favorite movie that you've watched recently' - you wanna make sure you go for the mainstream, cheap comedy thats in theatres.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week for an in-person interview. I was told it would be a group interview but when I got there the manager took me to the restaurant next door and we had a one-on-one interview there for ~15 minutes. She asked about myself for the first part but as soon as I told her I was married the interview immediately went south. She asked the usual questions like where I worked before and what were my responsibilities. She told me I should probably interview for the managerial positions. She told me I would hear back within the week if it went well.

Interview Questions

• None, all of them were the expected interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Paramus, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

Open table process . We were about 5 people interviewing at one time with the manager. We sat at a nearby cafe for the round table question and answer technique. It was a different way of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• How can you better represent the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I went into the store one day to buy items that were on sale. I was approached by a female sales associate who came up to me and asked if I ever wanted to work at the store. I said I had considered it but never really gave it much thought. She took me to the counter and filled out a card with her name/reference and contact information for me. She said to email the contact information for the next steps. After emailing, they gave me a call to get to know about me a little bit more. Then they emailed about an in-person interview. I went in and it was very average, nothing out of the ordinary but nothing extraordinary either. I just had to consider scheduling shifts around classes and that was it. They hired me 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were mainly interested in if I could take on the responsibility of taking shifts while still being in school. Nothing was negotiated since it was just a regular job at the mall.