Abercrombie & Fitch Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

My interview was very simple and short. Two managers interview me and another girl. They told us a little about themselves and we did as well to get to know each other more and make us feel comfortable. The managers asked a total of 4 questions during my interview. I will know within the next week if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• How would a family/friend member describe you? Why should we hire you? Tell us a time you helped out in a situation? What interest you to work for Abercrombie?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

You apply online and fill out the application. A fews days later they called to schedule an interview. After a few short questions they hired me on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Albany, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Showing up 10 minutes before the interview shows them you're really interested in being hired. It's a group interview and they ask you straight forward questions. They essentially want people who can stand out in front of a group. Smiling a lot and showing a nice personality is what they're looking for. Dressing in their style of clothing goes big with them also. The duration depends on how many people is being group interviewed.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about the store Describe your personality Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Portland, ME) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a group interview in the food court at the mall. They asked me to say "hey, what's going on" at the end. The questions were pretty easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Abercrombie's clothes   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Paramus, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

Open table process . We were about 5 people interviewing at one time with the manager. We sat at a nearby cafe for the round table question and answer technique. It was a different way of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• How can you better represent the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I went into the store one day to buy items that were on sale. I was approached by a female sales associate who came up to me and asked if I ever wanted to work at the store. I said I had considered it but never really gave it much thought. She took me to the counter and filled out a card with her name/reference and contact information for me. She said to email the contact information for the next steps. After emailing, they gave me a call to get to know about me a little bit more. Then they emailed about an in-person interview. I went in and it was very average, nothing out of the ordinary but nothing extraordinary either. I just had to consider scheduling shifts around classes and that was it. They hired me 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were mainly interested in if I could take on the responsibility of taking shifts while still being in school. Nothing was negotiated since it was just a regular job at the mall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Easy ok, questions not complicated Normal process Received job offer, applied online and received invitation for interview few days later. Asked about my experience In retail Overall easy process and quick

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (West Palm Beach, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

You have to go into the store and ask to see the manager, I had my interview the same day as I went in. It is was really easy, and I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Pretty basic interview. Group setting where they ask 3-5 questions, including one about diversity since they got sued for discrimination a few years back. Was recruited in store (this is where they do A LOT of their recruiting) and submitted an app at the kiosk in the store. Heard back exactly a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions are fairly straight forward. Just know a bit about the image that they are trying to sell (ie. classic New England prepster)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Wayne, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Filled an application online and scheduled an interview. Interview was pretty easy Asked a lot of questions about work ethics and about yourself. Also they asked questions to see if you knew the brand. They do not call you if you did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Is diversity important in the workplace? Why or Why not?   Answer Question