Abercrombie & Fitch Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2009.

Got called in for a group interview of about 10 or so other people. They (the managers of Abercrombie and Fitch, Abercrombie kids, and Hollister) asked very basic questions. Tell us a little bit about yourself? Name, age, where do you go to school, why do you want to work at A&F? In the mist of all that some of the managers are walking around with a clip board, after I got the job I found out that we were ranked (1-10) by our appeal level.

Interview Questions
  • One of the managers asked us who are favorite musical artist was.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2009.

Was a very generic interview with very generic questions. You could tell they were just looking for more help.

Interview Questions
    After the interview was over, I got a call the next day letting me know that I got the part time job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2008.

She basically asked my about my job experience and that was it. She also gave a brief background about the company.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me different types of scenarios and I had to explain what I did.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2008.

Questions asked:
    -Why do you wanna work for us and what strengths will you bring to the company
    -what are the things that differentiate abercrombie from other retail stores: Best answer is the unique designs and materials used.
    -describe yourself and your hobbies: mention that you are sociable and enjoy the company of friends.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2008.

Typical 1:1 interview, who are you, what is your education background, your retail experience....managers really nice and friendly. Casual atmosphere. Enjoyed my experience. Casual dress, jeans and polo. They go for the natural look, Natural or no make-up clean shaven for guys and fresh clean hair for girls. Don't have to look like a model, just be really outgoing and friendly. Little to no flashy jewelry, but natural jewelry in neutral tones are nice. No dangly earrings but maybe some small diamonds or pearls are alright or natural stones. You can get a good idea of the look by checking out the website. Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a good sales associate?   View Answer
    Not much negotiation for part-time sales, don't know about MIT or Manager salaries

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2008.

Easy interview, first in a group, then one on one. Asks basic questions about diversity and a few scenarios. Basically if your cute enough you will be hired, interview probably dosn't even matter that much if you fit the image.

Anonymous Employee in Waipahu, HI
    Anonymous Employee in Waipahu, HI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2008.

They had us meet outside of the store in a small group of about 5-6 people. We went around in a circle introducing ourselves and then they asked us about 5 questions each. We all ended up repeating each other's answers and I don't think anyone actually got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

fill out application online, show up to interview time... there were around 20 of us and we went and sat outside the store in the mall and were asked group questions... around two days later they called me and my friend back to say they were offering us a job

Interview Questions
    • asked us to describe abercrombies style and where you might wear it... asked us 3 words to describe our personality   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2013.

one interview required for everyone who applies for the job. Nothing much you just have to be a nice person and looks "A&F" (doesn't mean you have to be muscular).

Sales Associate Interview

Asked me to talk about myself, and how I would deal with certain situations with customers. Also asked me about the last time there was a conflict in a team enviornment and how i resolved it.