Abercrombie & Fitch

1.9

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in December 2008.

She basically asked my about my job experience and that was it. She also gave a brief background about the company.

Interview Questions
  • She asked me different types of scenarios and I had to explain what I did.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2008.

Questions asked:
    -Why do you wanna work for us and what strengths will you bring to the company
    -what are the things that differentiate abercrombie from other retail stores: Best answer is the unique designs and materials used.
    -describe yourself and your hobbies: mention that you are sociable and enjoy the company of friends.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2008.

Typical 1:1 interview, who are you, what is your education background, your retail experience....managers really nice and friendly. Casual atmosphere. Enjoyed my experience. Casual dress, jeans and polo. They go for the natural look, Natural or no make-up clean shaven for guys and fresh clean hair for girls. Don't have to look like a model, just be really outgoing and friendly. Little to no flashy jewelry, but natural jewelry in neutral tones are nice. No dangly earrings but maybe some small diamonds or pearls are alright or natural stones. You can get a good idea of the look by checking out the website. Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a good sales associate?   View Answer
    Not much negotiation for part-time sales, don't know about MIT or Manager salaries

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2008.

Easy interview, first in a group, then one on one. Asks basic questions about diversity and a few scenarios. Basically if your cute enough you will be hired, interview probably dosn't even matter that much if you fit the image.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2008.

The assistant manager of an Abercrombie & Fitch store approached me while shopping one day. She asked if I went to school, where, what I was going to school for, and if I had a job. I said no, and she asked if I was interested in working for A&F. I filled out an application at the in store kiosk, and was advised that group interviews are held twice a week.

I showed up to the interview, and there were a few teenage/college looking people there, all dressed in Abercrombie clothing. After we waited together for ten minutes, the assistant manager who recruited me introduced herself. She had us go around the group and introduce ourselves. She continued by explaining the type of store Abercrombie is, and the job titles and what they entail. then she asked us basic interviewing questions pertaining to our personalities, and how we would react in certain situations. The interview was simplem and I was working there within a week as a sales associate.

This company stresses customer service, by using several different taglines, depending on where you're in the store [fitting room, front room, registers.] They clearly hire based on looks and personality. I have not seen anyone with acne or any overweight people yet. The atmosphere is casual, and the workers are young, 18-21. Managers are typically 22-26. Managers have even stated that they would not like to work for the company for the rest of their lives, unless they get promoted to corporate office [chances are SLIM.] The store looks very clean, categorized, and colorful. The job of a sales person on the floor is to make each presentation absolutely perfect. Shifts are generally four hours long, so the job will get boring, as you will spend all of your time doing just that; folding the same piles in your section over and over, making them look better than how you did an hour ago.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. You're paid min. wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waipahu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waipahu, HI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2008.

They had us meet outside of the store in a small group of about 5-6 people. We went around in a circle introducing ourselves and then they asked us about 5 questions each. We all ended up repeating each other's answers and I don't think anyone actually got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

fill out application online, show up to interview time... there were around 20 of us and we went and sat outside the store in the mall and were asked group questions... around two days later they called me and my friend back to say they were offering us a job

Interview Questions
    • asked us to describe abercrombies style and where you might wear it... asked us 3 words to describe our personality   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2013.

one interview required for everyone who applies for the job. Nothing much you just have to be a nice person and looks "A&F" (doesn't mean you have to be muscular).

Sales Associate Interview

Asked me to talk about myself, and how I would deal with certain situations with customers. Also asked me about the last time there was a conflict in a team enviornment and how i resolved it.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central District (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central District (Hong Kong)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2011.

was recruited when i was just walking along the street. interview was ok - just be friendly and smiley haha.