Abercrombie & Fitch Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2010.

Interview

You apply in the store, and then they call you once they get your application if they are hiring.

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (San Francisco, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

they look at the way your dressed. be sure to come in and look like you're already working there! flip flops, torn jeans, and a vneck. they will scold you for wearing anything else at the interview. questions are not your average interview questions.

Interview Questions

• 'what was your favorite movie that you've watched recently' - you wanna make sure you go for the mainstream, cheap comedy thats in theatres.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

I was approached by one of A&F management and asked if i would like to apply for a job. I filled out the application in store and they called me back for an interview. They were flexible as i could not make the group interview and instead had a one no one interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you provided excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Raleigh, NC) in June 2009.

Interview

Got called in for a group interview of about 10 or so other people. They (the managers of Abercrombie and Fitch, Abercrombie kids, and Hollister) asked very basic questions. Tell us a little bit about yourself? Name, age, where do you go to school, why do you want to work at A&F? In the mist of all that some of the managers are walking around with a clip board, after I got the job I found out that we were ranked (1-10) by our appeal level.

Interview Questions

• One of the managers asked us who are favorite musical artist was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Lubbock, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

Was a very generic interview with very generic questions. You could tell they were just looking for more help.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

After the interview was over, I got a call the next day letting me know that I got the part time job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Atlanta, GA) in December 2008.

Interview

She basically asked my about my job experience and that was it. She also gave a brief background about the company.

Interview Questions

• She asked me different types of scenarios and I had to explain what I did.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2008.

Interview

Questions asked:
    -Why do you wanna work for us and what strengths will you bring to the company
    -what are the things that differentiate abercrombie from other retail stores: Best answer is the unique designs and materials used.
    -describe yourself and your hobbies: mention that you are sociable and enjoy the company of friends.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Franklin, TN) in June 2008.

Interview

Typical 1:1 interview, who are you, what is your education background, your retail experience....managers really nice and friendly. Casual atmosphere. Enjoyed my experience. Casual dress, jeans and polo. They go for the natural look, Natural or no make-up clean shaven for guys and fresh clean hair for girls. Don't have to look like a model, just be really outgoing and friendly. Little to no flashy jewelry, but natural jewelry in neutral tones are nice. No dangly earrings but maybe some small diamonds or pearls are alright or natural stones. You can get a good idea of the look by checking out the website. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good sales associate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation for part-time sales, don't know about MIT or Manager salaries

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (La Jolla, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

Easy interview, first in a group, then one on one. Asks basic questions about diversity and a few scenarios. Basically if your cute enough you will be hired, interview probably dosn't even matter that much if you fit the image.

Anonymous Employee in Waipahu, HI

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Waipahu, HI) in January 2008.

Interview

They had us meet outside of the store in a small group of about 5-6 people. We went around in a circle introducing ourselves and then they asked us about 5 questions each. We all ended up repeating each other's answers and I don't think anyone actually got the job.