Abercrombie & Fitch Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.9

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

recruited while shopping by an existing manager. was called to attend an in person group interview. this was followed by interview with district manager. there where many standard interview questions in this process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Myrtle Beach, SC).

Interview

It's fine basic questions that anyone can answer. With them it is important to dress in the style of the brains and look like the brand ( all natural) I would say it's 60% based off of looks and 40 interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Attractive and must have bachelors degree. Mainly they will just focus on how attractive you are. Even if stores are understaffed across the district they will say no to perfectly good candidates who are not attractive. Ive been told that potential mangers have had terrible interviews but still gathered because they are attractive. I was also told that candidates can be taught all of the other criteria as long as they look good. This basically renders the process strictly to how you look during your first interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, upper management has no ability to increase or decrease pay other than annual raises

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Group Interview for associates. One on one interview with District Manager for any management positions. Very basic interview process. After I became a manager I was giving group interviews on a daily basis. I always tried to make everyone feel comfortable about sharing and ask questions if they wanted. The questions are extremely typical, such as "are you outgoing?" "what would other people say about your personality?" "name a situation you have went above and beyond"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not one. I was offered a salary and accepted it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Orlando, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Easy! They simply ask you a few personal questions and one or two job related ones and that's it. The questions are all searchable online and the answers are general knowledge stuff. They won't even check the actually status of your education so for the management position you can simply say you have a degree and the company never checks. I was hired without completing mine and my other team member never even graduated undergrad. She was in the process during the job and used the pay check to fund her schooling. She later quit once she graduated. This job is laughable and easy to get.

Interview Questions

• Do you think it is important to be inclusive of different backgrounds in the work place?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (San Diego, CA).

Interview

One hour interview with district manager. Can come casual if you like but be clean shaven and look the brand. Ask a current manager for styling tips - little things go a long way. Wear leather flip flops or converse, denim, a blue-something button down for guys with 2 top buttons undone and crew t-shirt underneath in white or gray. Girls have NATURAL makeup, aim to look like your not wearing any, no strong eyemakeup, I wore light eyeliner, but at work eyeliner is not allowed, only mascara. Little blush is perfect. Natural nails please. Pink or red toes, nothing on the fingers.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment/What are you most proud of? Goal is to gague leadership ability, experience, and ambiition. No extra-curriculars or leadership is a major down. Think hard about how you can answer this question, it is the most important in gaguing if you are ready to be thrown into a manager position. Also pin yourself and seeing this job long term. Do NOT talk about how it is temporary but you really want to get into acting. Diversity: you better be a fan. And you should have a deeper thought process about it than just oh its people looking different. Ex question: What is your definition of diversity and is it important in the workplace? Ex question: Give an example of a time in which you worked with people of multiple backgrounds and made them feel included and respected. Pro tip: this doesn't just have to mean ethnic backgrounds, if you think about it, it could mean ages, genders, experience-levels, all of it! :)   Answer Question

Negotiation

None that I knew of. But as a first job out of college, all managers-in-training started at the exact same set level. Raises offered at yearly reviews and with promotions.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

The hiring process is strictly superficial, they will know if they want to hire you before you sit down. The only requirements are that you graduated with a four year degree and that you can speak clearly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non existent

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

If you have a four-year degree, you can get an interview (although I was told that one of the managers that was hired did not have one so it is entirely possible they don't even check into that). However, almost all of those that were hired as a manager were recruited by someone that worked there. Anyone who applies for a management position will be applying as a Manager In Training as all promotions are internal. Once you submit an application (if you were not recruited by someone), expect to be contacted by one of the Store Managers. Whichever manager you contacts you is the one who will mediate setting up an interview time with the District Manager. There is just one interview, if the DM likes you (basically can you speak in coherent sentences?), and if there is a spot open, you have a job.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked will for the most part be behavioral-analysis questions (i.e. tell me about a time when you had to lead a group and what was the outcome?). They will also ask you what your definition of diversity is and whether or not you believe it to be important in the workplace (no doubt a question they have to ask because of all of their lawsuits in the past).   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Knowing someone helps but you should go into a store and talk to a manager, they usually don't do an interview unless they know what you look like

Interview Questions

• They are all relatively easy. .....definitely know about diversity   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Easy interview only got hired because I'm good looking and have a four year degree. Just apply online and someone will call you or walk into the store and fill out an application. Make sure you tell them you have a degree

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None