Abercrombie & Fitch

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Model

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – I was walking by the store and the store manager stopped me and my friend, she invited us for an interview and told us the dates they were held. I was told to wear casual clothes, so I wore jeggings, sandals, and a cute top with natural makeup. I was asked to describe A&F, to describe my personality, what I liked about working in teams.

Interview Question – What is diversity and how does A&F represent diversity?   Answer Question

Jackson, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2014.

Interview Details – There were eight other people interviewing with me because they do group interviews in this company. The interview wasn't too difficult. We were asked around six questions each. We were asked why do we want to work for the company?, what is the style of the clothing?, what is a tagline?, etc. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Question – What is diversity and why is it important on the workplace?   View Answer

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very laid back and casual. I was taken outside asked simple questions and then hired on the spot. Be well keep and clean shaven. They are going to judge you by your looks.

Interview Question – None, really. They were your basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Salem, NH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in January 2011.

Interview Details – Simple and short. Was not asked too many questions.

Store Model

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – Group Interview, very easy just be yourself when answering questions, its good to be the first to answer

Interview Question – What is your definition of diversity   Answer Question

Store Model

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – They approached me about working there. I showed interest and they set up an interview for a later time at that moment. They only asked a few questions and didn't seem to care what I had to answer

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer you thought was stealing   Answer Question

Cedar Park, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – When you interview for the position, you are usually in a small to medium size group and asked questions in a rotating format. One of the most important aspects of the interview is merely your appearance, so be sure to wear a trendy, Abercrombie outfit (preferably one that is in season and shows that you are knowledgeable about their style), and appear confident.

Interview Question – Define Diversity.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating salary, but you can pick your schedule.

Store Model

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details – was contacted by a recruiter on a website for models, went to the interview and got the call back within 4 days

Interview Question – the questions are displayed online and are the same for each interview. make sure to prepare for the diversity question as it's very important for them.   Answer Question

Sugar Land, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2011.

Interview Details – I walked into the store, asked for a job and got hired. They base the interview almost entirely on how the person looks, and if they think you 'are cute', they will hire you.

Negotiation Details – It is a base hourly salary.

Garden City, NY

Interview Details – I was taken to a table in the food court with a few other people applying for the same position as I was (store model) and asked several questions about diversity, retail, and other topics that Abercrombie pretends to be interested in.

Interview Question – "How would you describe/explain diversity?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. All store models are ONLY given $7.25 as a starting fee.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch Store Model interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.