Abercrombie & Fitch Visual Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

You apply online and are usually recruited by a manager at the store beforehand. You have 1 interview with the District Manager and they'll give you a call back within the week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's no negotiation, the company is very strict with that stuff.

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Holyoke, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Casual, they usually just find a place more secluded in the mall to do it. Mostly all of the questions are "name a time when..." and questions with specific examples you can relate to. Gave a week before offering the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict with a coworker that needed to be resolved quickly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate what store I was to be placed in and the date I would start.

Visual Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

One formal interview. Very unprofessional experience. Had to wait 3 weeks to get offered the job and was offered the job via text...

Interview Questions

• Questions don't matter, it is based 95% on ur experience the other 5% is that you need to have a heart beat.   Answer Question

Negotiation

She hired me over a text, 3 weeks after interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Tucson, AZ) in December 2012.

Interview

Recruited as a Manager in Training (MIT) by a current assistant manager who scheduled an interview with the District Manager (DM). Interview questions focused on why I chose the company, future goals, knowledge of company, leadership, teamwork, problem solving. and diversity

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was limited. Salaries are standard company wide

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (Newark, DE) in May 2012.

Interview

I was recruited by a colleague and applied online via a specific url. One interview with the District Manager (DM). Was hired same day but not offered position until two weeks later. You can only get job by being recruited (based on looks). Abercrombie is known for being laid back so the interview was very laid back; typically held in the mall area (depending on store location).

Interview Questions

• Looks matter but you need to be confident and bubbly. None of the questions were hard. Basic customer service questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Company says you're salaried, but you're really hourly at $28,000. Great benefits: vision, dental, and medical after 90 days.

Visual Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Very simple, they are only really looking for GOOD looking people with GOOD attitudes. The questions all came from a pre printed interview guide and the district manager was the one giving the interviews. This is not your typical interview, you need to dress in the Abercrombie and Fitch style...skinny jeans, converse or sandals with a plaid button up on something similar.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to present a goal to a group of people   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.