Aberdeen Asset Management

Updated May 19, 2015

2.6

Web Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Worked through recruiter, spoke over the phone with company. Had one person in Europe, another in America. Both peppered me with questions; did some small talk at the start. Very mindful of 15 minute time, though we went over. Discussed my technical background, how I worked in a team environment. At the end, no offer, because I have a slight speech impediment..they said that showed human weakness...

Interview Questions

• How do you balance organizational goals and user requests in design   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with hiring manager's boss, then the hiring manager, and then my would be colleagues. I was then called back for a second interview with HR, and finally a third follow up interview over the phone. Interview questions were mostly centered around my experience and the role I was interviewing for.

Fixed Income Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Quick, 3 rounds roughly and mostly behavioral. First interview out of the blue with HR, then brings you in if you're not too far away, or phone interview with another 3 managers. Then offer or no offer

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, maybe if you have bad grades they'll be a bit pointed about it   Answer Question

Administrative Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied through email and received an response a week later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview, done by an HR assistant, was short and sweet- they just wanted to get more information regarding my background. Was asked to come in for an interview three days later.

Two interviews: one with a Senior Manager, another with a HR Representative. He asked questions pertaining to the job and my qualifications, my hobbies and what I thought I could bring to the table. She didn't really ask anything, we just chatted. This was on a Monday.

On Wednesday they sent an email letting me know that I was no longer being considered. I responded to thank them for their time, and to ask for feedback. No response.

Interview Questions

• He asked the standard questions. Nothing seemed difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. It consisted of one group interview with two managers and an HR representative. It is very behavioral based. The company culture is more about fit than technical skills because it is a very social place.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pretty textbook, I get the feeling they are the sort that care more about interests than your particular skills set or background since you will learn it all on the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with one hr person and two managers. It consisted entirely of fit questions. They asked questions about your resume as the company has an emphasis on fit. The program is a feeder into their graduate development program. The pay was twenty an hr plus overtime. You should be interested in the development program and should know about the company and their investment process. Make sure to follow up with a thank you email that includes a question to show you retained some info from the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Aberdeen?   1 Answer
    • What are you interested in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview was mostly behavioral. The panel consisted of the Human Resources manager and one of the portfolio managers of the company. They asked many questions about me as a person, your achievements, team work, where you would like to be placed...

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and received an interview invitation. I would say the interview itself was very relaxed and the interviewers were very welcoming and friendly. The interview was with a Business Manager and someone from HR. Asked CV based questions on top of competency questions. First, they asked questions relating to me personally - what I like to do in my free time, what my qualities were etc. Then questions about Aberdeen Asset Management including motivation. Finally, CV based questions.

Interview Questions

• What are some skills you'd like to develop while working with us?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy. The application process took a few months and extensive screening based on the school, the past experiences and the CV in general. The interview itself, either over the phone or face to face with 2 people from different business lines. Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Trade Idea, Current Mkt Trend, Macro Questions, Fit Questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to come in for a competency based interview. I was greeted by two members of the HR team and taken to the interview room, it lasted approximately 45 minutes. It was a very laid back interview in which they wanted to know about my typical week and what activities/ societies I kept up with as well as any market info I had which might after Aberdeen's business.

Interview Questions

• Which department would you least like to work in? It was tricky because I wanted to seem like I would be happy with any position in AAM but I suppose you have to be honest.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Friendly, I received a telephone call with feedback and details of my outcome.