Aberdeen Asset Management

2.6

Fixed Income Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management in January 2013.

Quick, 3 rounds roughly and mostly behavioral. First interview out of the blue with HR, then brings you in if you're not too far away, or phone interview with another 3 managers. Then offer or no offer

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, maybe if you have bad grades they'll be a bit pointed about it   Answer Question

Administrative Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management in November 2012.

Applied through email and received an response a week later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview, done by an HR assistant, was short and sweet- they just wanted to get more information regarding my background. Was asked to come in for an interview three days later.

Two interviews: one with a Senior Manager, another with a HR Representative. He asked questions pertaining to the job and my qualifications, my hobbies and what I thought I could bring to the table. She didn't really ask anything, we just chatted. This was on a Monday.

On Wednesday they sent an email letting me know that I was no longer being considered. I responded to thank them for their time, and to ask for feedback. No response.

Interview Questions
    • He asked the standard questions. Nothing seemed difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management in February 2011.

The interview process was fairly quick. It consisted of one group interview with two managers and an HR representative. It is very behavioral based. The company culture is more about fit than technical skills because it is a very social place.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty textbook, I get the feeling they are the sort that care more about interests than your particular skills set or background since you will learn it all on the job.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management in February 2011.

I interviewed with one hr person and two managers. It consisted entirely of fit questions. They asked questions about your resume as the company has an emphasis on fit. The program is a feeder into their graduate development program. The pay was twenty an hr plus overtime. You should be interested in the development program and should know about the company and their investment process. Make sure to follow up with a thank you email that includes a question to show you retained some info from the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management in May 2010.

The interview was mostly behavioral. The panel consisted of the Human Resources manager and one of the portfolio managers of the company. They asked many questions about me as a person, your achievements, team work, where you would like to be placed...

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management.

I applied online and was asked to come in for a competency based interview. I was greeted by two members of the HR team and taken to the interview room, it lasted approximately 45 minutes. It was a very laid back interview in which they wanted to know about my typical week and what activities/ societies I kept up with as well as any market info I had which might after Aberdeen's business.

Interview Questions
    • Which department would you least like to work in? It was tricky because I wanted to seem like I would be happy with any position in AAM but I suppose you have to be honest.   View Answer
    Friendly, I received a telephone call with feedback and details of my outcome.

Summer Intern Interview

Applied online and then was invited to a face-to-face interview with an investment professional and a member of HR. Relatively competency-based, nothing technical but a little bit about the operations of the company itself - not trying to catch you out. After this 30min interview an offer was made to join the internship programme.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you want to work? What do you know about the area?   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management in May 2013.

CV based interview by the hiring team focusing on past work experience mentioned in CV and cover letter. Then the position was explained in detail. Overall very friendly and questions were more focused on understanding skills rather than testing.
    The interview was followed by a case study to do at home .

Intern Interview

Applied online. HR called to ask for areas of interest. One round of interview at the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aberdeen Asset Management in November 2012.

one round of interviews
    mix of behavioral and technical
    really down to specific interviewers

no negotiation