Abilene Regional Medical Center

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abilene Regional Medical Center

Candidate Interview Review

RN Charge Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Abilene Regional Medical Center (Abilene, TX).

Interview

It was explained to me that there were no CNA's on this floor, but not that there was no clerk and the nurses did 100% of the physical care of the patients as well as answer phones and process all patient paperwork. Besides this, it was a standard interview, but did not disclose many extra things nurses expected to perform, as in, 75% of patients could not toilet or feed themselves, and nurses did this as well as forced to take more patients than the posted ratios and take patients on oncology wing also.

Negotiation

They would do nothing to assist nurses on this floor. All I was able to do was to work one day less a week as to not totally burn out, but I quit a few weeks later as the quality of patient care was abysmal and that was ok with the facility.