Abington Memorial Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2014
Updated Jul 18, 2014

2.2

Staff Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital in April 2013.

2 interviews, hired quickly, good communication. Very impressed by my future boss. It is definitely one of the best outcomes considering that I was part of a group of acquired employees. No regrets at all!

Interview Questions
    I had been told one number and was offered another lower amount. I countered and was satisfied with our compromise

Patient Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital.

interview with HR then the department. second interview is with peers or subordinates you managed

Interview Questions
    • You have not been in the filed in over 10 years, can you jump back in?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital in November 2009.

2 interviews

Interview Questions
    No negation flat salary based on years nurse

Nurse Practitioner Interview

I was first called for a screening interview and then brought in for an in person interview. Because of time constraints I met with the entire team at once (a little overwhelming, but a good experience). Once I was done meeting with the team I meet with HR. I was called soon after an offered a position.

I didn't negotiate this time because the rate and position were exactly what I was looking for.

Clinical Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Abington, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abington, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital in April 2009.

Received an email from their HR department asking me to set up a time to interview. Was told I would be interviewing with two people, one from HR and the other from Health Information Systems (HIS). They were very flexible on times and dates, and from then on it was just waiting about a week for the interview itself.

Well, I come in at 2:00 when my interview is at 2:30, and had been told to show up about 10 minutes early to fill out paperwork. Pre-interview paperwork takes about 25 minutes, despite my materials being on-hand, and then I'm called into the actual interview. Instead of a group interview, it turns out to be consecutive interviews with the two individuals, with the HR representative going first. The whole process took 3.5 hours, and both people covered similar territory. Neither had read the online application I submitted, so there were issues right away with compensation, which is never posted on their website. The HR person asked me standard questions like "list three adjectives your former boss would use to describe you" etc., while the HIS person asked more probing, detail-oriented tests surrounding critical thinking and experience.

Many details about the position were not included in the job description, including mandatory on-call time and the campus at which I would be working, which would have impacted my desire to go on the interview in the first place. The organization seems to be going through a major change, with the HIS department totally gutted and hiring on people for AMH itself and a satellite hospital they recently acquired. Was not impressed with the facilities, nor the opacity of the actual interview process. No one ever emailed me back to let me know the status of my employment, except to say that another position which I had not interviewed for was filled.

I would not recommend this organization.

Interview Questions
    • What are examples of prior projects you have worked on that were similar to those being undertake at our organization?   View Answer

Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital in June 2011.

The HR department was very disorganized and unprofessional. When I interviewed with HR, the person was taking other calls (some for their side jobs). They even messed up with some of the paperwork. I had to press several times to confirm I did not get the job. (I felt after many interview, they could have at least emailed me a response.) Also, I told them what I currently make, but after two interviews they told me I was above the range for the position. HR should have pre-screened this like other HR departments. I ended up wasting a lot of time and energy. Abington might be a good place to work, but you will have to deal with a lame HR department to get there.

Worked for Abington Memorial Hospital? Contribute to the Community!