Abington Memorial Hospital Interview Questions & Reviews in Pennsylvania

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Clinical Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Abington, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Abington, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Abington Memorial Hospital in April 2009.

Received an email from their HR department asking me to set up a time to interview. Was told I would be interviewing with two people, one from HR and the other from Health Information Systems (HIS). They were very flexible on times and dates, and from then on it was just waiting about a week for the interview itself.

Well, I come in at 2:00 when my interview is at 2:30, and had been told to show up about 10 minutes early to fill out paperwork. Pre-interview paperwork takes about 25 minutes, despite my materials being on-hand, and then I'm called into the actual interview. Instead of a group interview, it turns out to be consecutive interviews with the two individuals, with the HR representative going first. The whole process took 3.5 hours, and both people covered similar territory. Neither had read the online application I submitted, so there were issues right away with compensation, which is never posted on their website. The HR person asked me standard questions like "list three adjectives your former boss would use to describe you" etc., while the HIS person asked more probing, detail-oriented tests surrounding critical thinking and experience.

Many details about the position were not included in the job description, including mandatory on-call time and the campus at which I would be working, which would have impacted my desire to go on the interview in the first place. The organization seems to be going through a major change, with the HIS department totally gutted and hiring on people for AMH itself and a satellite hospital they recently acquired. Was not impressed with the facilities, nor the opacity of the actual interview process. No one ever emailed me back to let me know the status of my employment, except to say that another position which I had not interviewed for was filled.

I would not recommend this organization.

Interview Questions
    • What are examples of prior projects you have worked on that were similar to those being undertake at our organization?   View Answer

Worked for Abington Memorial Hospital? Contribute to the Community!