About Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at About

Expert Interview

I applied online – interviewed at About.

I heard about job. I was introduced to the company and recommended for job. Applied for job. Was accepted as applicant. Went through nine months of competing with others for the job.

Nine months of competing with others for the job.

Front-End Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at About in August 2014.

I was contacted from a recruiter and had a 30 minute screening interview. First I was asked to talk about my background and then asked some screening questions. After he asked me to walk through some code in my project. I did and the interviewer said that he did not have a technical background so he did not really understand what I was explaining.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to walk through code for someone who did not know how to code.   Answer Question

Freelancer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at About in May 2014.

I applied for a freelancing writing position and was almost immediately received a response from a recruiter. He scheduled an editing test for me, which I took. The test itself was not very difficult but I didn't really grasped what they truly wanted. After all, it was just a freelancing position. Received a response a day later, saying they will not be moving forward with my application. This was all done online, so there was no physical interaction at all.

Interview Questions

Guide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at About.

I applied, was accepted, and then created a website during a "prep" period (unpaid).